Shield Simulator rewards

Options
Are this season’s reward for shield level 10 different than usual? Specifically the blob shards? They seem smaller than usual? Also, shouldn’t they be Icarus shards? 

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they're doing a holiday season after this one so that would explain why this is a short season.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This season ends before 1 December. How long will holiday season be? Christmas is on 25th. I doubt it's going to be 1 month of holiday season.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's 30 wins/800 points instead of 75 wins/2000 points.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There’s usually 3 days between seasons I presume December 1-25th although I thought the game was international and only 30% of the world celebrates Christmas so I’m surprised of the religious bias to an event . 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The game is based in US. That's why they also celebrate Independence Day, and I think other US related events. They celebrate Chinese New Year too in a way.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There’s usually 3 days between seasons I presume December 1-25th although I thought the game was international and only 30% of the world celebrates Christmas so I’m surprised of the religious bias to an event . 
    They can do like most public entities do and have holiday trees, and holiday gingerbread men, and holiday stockings, and holiday cookies, and holiday Santa Claus. (I'm just taking this moment to mock those public entities that act like they're being inclusive by renaming "Christmas" as "holiday".)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Every retailer celebrates Christmas, regardless of their religious affiliation. I was in Paris during Thanksgiving a few years ago and there were Black Friday sales everywhere.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    D3Go actually responsed to a similar thread in reddit. Here's the response:

Holiday season arrives in early December so we needed to make the current season less (or there would have been a long offseason).
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Getting back to the OP's original comment, we just finished a season that awarded shards and a green cover for Blob, and the current short season also awards shards and a green cover for Blob.  At first glance this definitely seems like an oversight and this season *should* have awarded shards and a red cover for Ikaris instead.

The catch here is that the next 4-star character won't be in tokens by the time the next season starts on December 2nd, that is actually their release date and they don't get added to tokens until the end of the next season after their release event ends.  They have not used PVP season to award a character that wasn't already in tokens since at least 2015, maybe never, so the holiday season should feature Ikaris.

That meant their options were to run Blob again for the short season, run Ikaris for the short season and then run him again for holiday season, or pull someone out of a hat for the short season.  Personally I would have favored that third option, they could have used a character who is logically related to Thanksgiving, like... DAZZLER! (gonna beat that dead horse joke one more time.)