Week 27 Boost: Black Panther (Civil War), Jessica Jones, Odin, Scarlet Witch (WandaVision)

mdreyer93
mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
Don't think we have one of these started yet so I'll get it going. Just Wanda for me this week, unless I can scrounge the iso to champ JJ or Odin who are both fully covered and waiting. So far, boosted Wanda isn't much help in the Thick as Thieves PVE since she doesn't do much against goons. 
Tagged:

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted SW events are very simple.  She's on every team, and the way it works is: she's the only one allowed to do any damage on either team.

At the beginning of your turn, your SW smacks whoever's in front.  Then you do whatever and everything does 1 damage. 

Then at the start of their turn, their SW smacks whoever's in front, they do whatever, and it all does 1 damage.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone seeing yellow gamora's changing that tune yet? I'm not, it's largely Wanda/Odin or Wanda/JJ in my queues.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t like boosted Odin. His jump in threshold goes to high to be really valuable. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Gamora works but you need to use healthpack every match. In the current Iron Fist PvP it's almost a guarantee you will take 15k damage per turn from enemy's Wanda due to her having at least three charges every turn. Gamora has about 70k healthpoint. So, she'll be downed in 6 turns if if she makes about 6 matches. Gamora's yellow repeater gives her some survivability due to the stun every 2 turn.

As for Odin jumping in, it's easy for him to jump in the current pvp due to Wanda's having 3 charge tiles every turn, unless your Odin level is pretty high. All you need to do is to create double match-3 for the next two pvps and he will be putting fortified tiles almost every turn.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are correct.  I climbed with SC/SW but then once I was above 900, all I saw was SW/Odin.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Odin would be always this good if he had more health.
    I went hitting comfortably above 900 with SW odin and no one hit me. That happens so few times.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe we've reached Peak Passive in MPQ with this event.

All you do is make one match, any match, then like 1000 passives all go off and do stuff while you watch the game play itself.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Each Odin/SW mirror match took about 4 minutes.  :s Each attack tile takes ~2 seconds to process. The next pvp should be faster without all these attack tiles.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Odin would be always this good if he had more health.
    I went hitting comfortably above 900 with SW odin and no one hit me. That happens so few times.
    Actually it’s not true. At higher level he has more health, but the threshold to trigger his passive (jump forward or fortify) also becomes higher. That makes it harder to set up the board for max utilisation of the passive. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Each Odin/SW mirror match took about 4 minutes.  :s Each attack tile takes ~2 seconds to process. The next pvp should be faster without all these attack tiles.
    I noticed that Shang-Chi slows down considerably during cascades when processing the combo points. I’m not sure what Profslaught is like during cascades but I’m sure that also takes forever. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed said:
    Actually it’s not true. At higher level he has more health, but the threshold to trigger his passive (jump forward or fortify) also becomes higher. That makes it harder to set up the board for max utilisation of the passive. 
    Vs strong foes he is almost dead when he is finally working his thing succesfully on a non mirror battle. 
    I'm not saying boosted to 550, I'm saying more health.