***** Sersi (Eternals) *****

Comments

• Neko
    Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin

Ever Watchful Legendary Store - Nov 18-23

• 15% chance to get Gamora (Deadliest Woman), Heimdall (The Gatekeeper), Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior)

Typo? Should we get Sersi,Heimdall and Captain Marvel?

Yes! Sorry for the typo. Changes have been made to correctly show Sersi (Eternals) in the Ever Watchful Legendary Store.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Neko said:

Ever Watchful Legendary Store - Nov 18-23

• 15% chance to get Sersi (Eternals), Heimdall (The Gatekeeper), Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior)

• Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

This is fine, whatever, but could Cpt. M5rvel be any less useful -- or fun -- since her nerf? And it's not like she was anything special originally, but now she's utterly useless except for match damage. There is just no relationship btw the badass in the movie and what she is in-game, now.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    I just played with her in Introduction and her colour denial is too good. I chose blue and by the end of the match, there was only one blue tile on the board. I didn't manage to activate her revive. I probably need to play 20 more times to see if it works that consistently.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I am going to try rolling with Sersi, Shang Chi, and Bruce Banner Hulk. Sersi denies blue. Hulk for extra board movement to really let Shang's match damage soar while he just does his thing.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Not gonna make any videos for her, nothing to see here.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    [quote]New tiles are 50% less likely to be in this power's color. At the start of turn, if there are fewer than 5 tiles of this color on the board, Sersi creates a 236 strength Strike, Attack, or Protect tile[/quote]

So a funny thing about this power is, the way it’s worded, I thought if you chose black, it would make the special tiles on the black tiles. In actuality, it makes the tiles on the OTHER color, in this case, green. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Choosing black actually causes that she cannot fortify her own tiles, as green power forbiddes choosing green.
    Her board control is great.
    Good Art too.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    She really starves the board of the color chosen. It dried down to 1-2 tiles by the time the match ended. I also ended up getting a LOT of match 4/5's (at least 3 match 5s).
    I think she'll be awesome with ProfX/Onslaught (Simulator, challenge nodes) as one match 4 will likely cause a massive cascade as the TU's are removed from the board and ProfX does his thing.
    KGB
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    The purple power definitely plays better than it reads.  She's pretty effective at reducing the presence of the chosen color, and that power is clearly the reason why you'd choose to use her.

That said, while there are a lot of situations where you would want this effect, it's not going to be useful 100% of the time.  If you and your opponent both want the same color on the board, for example in a Hulk vs Hulk mirror match, she'll hurt both sides.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    She sort of made my head hurt a bit when I tried her last night - there is a bit to try and remember and so I sort of randomly ended up with Shields which was fine but I am not sure was what I wanted? Maybe I shouldn't have had that extra beer...
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Were we supposed to get Sersi's special store on the 18th? It's not showing up for me.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm fairly impressed with her. With the right team they could create headaches.
    Maybe Sersi, SC, and Odin. Make Sersi target black. Same with Sersi, SC, and Heimdall.
    She seems to be a good to great slot in at pick 3 for teams trying to fire powers.
    There is something here but I can't quite find the right grouping.
    I'm not super in love with her green or her yellow, but the purple really is very effective.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    I'm pretty impressed so far, granted the only experience has been the first introducing node. As others have said, the purple plays much better than it reads. I've replayed the first node 5 or 6 times now and I can only remember the chosen color dropping 1-2 times after I selected it. It seems to be a greater reduction in likelihood than 50%. Plus, the special tile generation is going to be really good once she's leveled over the 150 loaner we get to use here.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was very surprised at how quick an underlevelled Ikarus could take her down in Introduction.  Now, maybe I got lucky with the Purple tiles but it did not take much to get her downed.  I don't think the AI will know how to play her well, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
  • entrailbucket
    I was very surprised at how quick an underlevelled Ikarus could take her down in Introduction.  Now, maybe I got lucky with the Purple tiles but it did not take much to get her downed.  I don't think the AI will know how to play her well, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    Ikaris is one of the best 1v1 characters in the entire game, at any tier, right up there with Yellowjacket.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Until he goes airborne. My board had at least 4 red match-3 available and he chose to match blue twice. And Sersi didn't choose blue. So, Ikaris brings the puzzle back into MPQ too.
  • entrailbucket
    Until he goes airborne. My board had at least 4 red match-3 available and he chose to match blue twice. And Sersi didn't choose blue. So, Ikaris brings the puzzle back into MPQ too.
    The AI's strategy is definitely...puzzling.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Is there any logic to the AI's decision on which colour to target for Sersi's purple? It chose blue in my fight which wasn't her weakest colour and also had no impact on my Ikaris. 
  • entrailbucket
    He rolls a random color every time he casts any other power like that, so I'd assume Sersi is no different.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    The new fake meta team of SC, Sersi, and Hulkbuster is doing pretty well so far. So many options to generate red it is almost impossible to not get the winfinite going