Simulator Day 2 Thanos Node Help

I'm in 4* land, recently started playing at SCL 10, and I have been able to make most nodes work without too much difficulty so far. Until now. I've cleared Shang-Chi's and the green one (whatever you call the unique to SCL 10 node that replaces the 2* node) but Thanos's node is giving me some real trouble. I beat it once with Karnak and Chavez, but Lockjaw's boosted jump to  front ability hits like a truck, and boosted Polaris is a pain as well. With Blade dropping two strike tiles most turns it's hard not to get battered by Polaris's passive, and Lockjaw just blows up anyone who matches the strikes. Even my boosted Blob is getting  chewed up.

Anyone got any advice for teams to deal with this node? It'd be a lot easier if it didn't require Thanos, but as is, with only 2 open character slots on the team, I'm having trouble, since my special tile counters like Medusa and Mantis are just getting deleted in one or two shots most of the time.

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    So I was having the same trouble as you but managed to beat it 3 times using Shang-Chi (3/1/3) and 4* Hulkbuster. Any red or pink generator (3* Switch as an example) should work instead of HB though .  SC should work for all nodes if he is covered decently.

The first time I encountered this node I took a whale team up though. I still haven’t figured out the challenge node but have had pretty bad rng using the Juggernaut winfinite. 
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Sadly I only have him at 1 pierce purple and 1 red cover. My Hulkbuster is only at 12 covers, so he's not too strong right now either. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    You will want to target lockjaw first and stun Polaris if possible.
    Dont forget get how good Thanos purple is for this.
    Dont know your roster but it can be quite tough if you let the specials overwhelm you.

edit*** wrong Thanos. 5* was the ability I was thinking
  • Sekilicious
    Too bad. Like I said, whales also work if you don’t have Morbius or Sabertooth champed. But Blob and one of those should work perhaps. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    How does you roster look like?
  • NemoAbernnigan
    I've got all the  3*s, 41 champed 4*s, but my only 5*s with many covers are a 2/3/1 BRB and 2/1/2 Deadpool. I usually can beat everything with BRB and Polaris but boosted Lockjaw is making that difficult.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    The node is probably just going to bust you then.
    Doesnt make a lot of sense to burn resources and health packs for a couple extra wins.
  • Sekilicious
    It should be ok to make progression without that node. I often miss nodes with my 4* roster. 
  • NemoAbernnigan
    I beat everything else though and I'm under the 10 healthpack limit so I'm not wasting anything. Also, mostly, I just want to beat it cuz it's annoyed me greatly haha.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    I think realistically you are going to have to go for a stun team and use boosts to get the AP going, and then hope for some rng luck that polaris doesn't flood the board with strikes otherwise its game over. Thats a pretty nasty team for a 3* required node
  • NemoAbernnigan
    I ended up clearing it with Karnak and Shang-Chi. Flooded the board with crit tiles and used their red abilities to get the ap I needed. Also caused me to notice they have almost the exact same pose.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I beat everything else though and I'm under the 10 healthpack limit so I'm not wasting anything. Also, mostly, I just want to beat it cuz it's annoyed me greatly haha.
    That's how I am with some nodes like the challenge node on sub 1 with Medusa. That final clear was a royal pain. I will say that sometimes you need to weigh what matters more to you, your sanity or taking vengeance on annoying MPQ nodes. 
  • NemoAbernnigan
    shardwick said:
    That's how I am with some nodes like the challenge node on sub 1 with Medusa. That final clear was a royal pain. I will say that sometimes you need to weigh what matters more to you, your sanity or taking vengeance on annoying MPQ nodes. 
    What sanity?
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    This is the one event I can not beat the meta combos . I usually try once to see if I’ve improved my roster , and Simulator hasn’t been run since mid June . This is the only event I have to use the lazy and unimaginative BRBitty/ Polaris to win , and I feel like an idiot for using it because I can’t find another way to win. There must be ways to do it because my current position is 180 ( usually 90) so a lot of players have rosters and ideas capable of beating it.  
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Boosted Shang Chi made Simulator a lot less painful for me. Even the challenge node melts away. Mine is not even champed (not till Monday)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    ... Simulator hasn’t been run since mid June .   

Evidence right there that the devs do not hate us as much as they could.

With Colossus boosted, the best 2-pair is 5* Colossus + America Chavez, equip Colossus with a support that boosts his crit multiplier, and if you feel like spending, boost + 2 all AP, 5 match damage boosts, and 5 crit damage boosts. Teams melt like butter. If you feel like spending less, you can still boost either 2 of each color AP and/or the 5 crit damage boosts, as those only cost ISO.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    helix72 said:

With Colossus boosted, the best 2-pair is 5* Colossus + America Chavez, equip Colossus with a support that boosts his crit multiplier, and if you feel like spending, boost + 2 all AP, 5 match damage boosts, and 5 crit damage boosts. Teams melt like butter. If you feel like spending less, you can still boost either 2 of each color AP and/or the 5 crit damage boosts, as those only cost ISO.
    Thank you , I don’t have Colossus except a few covers but that explains one reason I had no luck .
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:

For the Pick-3 nodes, Onslaught is a very good third with Colossus/Chavez.  My Onslaught is only 3/3/3, so the Team Ups only go away on a Match-5 still...but I still managed to take out the Anti-Venom, Miles/Spider-Man 2099 team on the first turn thanks to a couple of crits, traps with Chavez, and enough black AP to finish off MIles with a Purification.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    helix72 said:

For the Pick-3 nodes, Onslaught is a very good third with Colossus/Chavez.  My Onslaught is only 3/3/3, so the Team Ups only go away on a Match-5 still...but I still managed to take out the Anti-Venom, Miles/Spider-Man 2099 team on the first turn thanks to a couple of crits, traps with Chavez, and enough black AP to finish off MIles with a Purification.

Thanks for sharing, I wondered about Onslaught as a 3rd. For me I like the safety of Karnak, if the battle does get to turn 5, his passively generated crits are usually just the finisher I need (and he's got his blue power as a backup). Onslaught can definitely be faster on the right board, but I've also had Onslaught set the enemy up for massive cascades on their turn as well. Maybe I'll try Onslaught for opening clears where it's not fatal to have a long match and go back to Karnak for grind.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    helix72 said:
    helix72 said:

Thanks for sharing, I wondered about Onslaught as a 3rd. For me I like the safety of Karnak, if the battle does get to turn 5, his passively generated crits are usually just the finisher I need (and he's got his blue power as a backup). Onslaught can definitely be faster on the right board, but I've also had Onslaught set the enemy up for massive cascades on their turn as well. Maybe I'll try Onslaught for opening clears where it's not fatal to have a long match and go back to Karnak for grind.
    I fought fire with fire , or Spiders . I used a mirror team replacing Anti Venom with Silk and it worked well as long as you take out Miles first .