**** Ikaris (Eternals) ****

12345679»

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Anon said:
    I dont think Juggs AOE being boostable would be game-breaking since he has to tank to get it. Its not easy for a 4* to tank over a 5*.

Edit: Typing in coherent sentences is hard.
    I thought this was incorrect but then I checked champed Apocalypse’s numbers and now I’m not sure that Juggernaut would tank Blue and Green over him. Though I think he would when the match damage boost is applied.  He would need to equip Stun Batons to tank purple in PvE.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Supports will make Juggernaut tank more colours. Not making Juggernaut's AoE boost by power is deliberate. You just need to test it against Kitty when she put her red cd to see whether it's a power or match damage. Juggernaut will trigger Kitty's cd even though it's supposed to be match damage. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they consider a certain ability game breaking when boosted and another ability to be allowable, I'm fine with that. 

The problem is that the wording and operation of the powers isn't consistent, so we can't tell what gets boosted or not without testing it (and then remembering it for every character).

If all the boostable and non boostable abilities were worded the same way it'd be really useful.

I think the problem is that they also have to translate this into X number of languages besides English and get them all right in a meaningful description. That's time consuming and costly.
    KGB
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    About the wording, I have all characters until cable on my language. All characters after cable are in english. That is another reason wich I would like to set the language in english once and for all.
    About juggernaut, he is a 4*. Wanda and electro are 5*. So a unchamped okoye would reign in 4* tier if AoE juggs could be boosted, being the same situation as it was in 5* land but a lot more broken being in 4* land.
    And finally about matching boosted, the rule until now was that characters using their own match damage cannot be boosted. If that could happen, Shang-chi i.e. would deal 12k damage per combo point with SS, and of course that is not happening. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    About the wording, I have all characters until cable on my language. All characters after cable are in english. That is another reason wich I would like to set the language in english once and for all.
    About juggernaut, he is a 4*. Wanda and electro are 5*. So a unchamped okoye would reign in 4* tier if AoE juggs could be boosted, being the same situation as it was in 5* land but a lot more broken being in 4* land.
    And finally about matching boosted, the rule until now was that characters using their own match damage cannot be boosted. If that could happen, Shang-chi i.e. would deal 12k damage per combo point with SS, and of course that is not happening. 
    Did they just stop translating after Cable?  I didn't know that.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited November 2021
    I think it depends on the language. They probably have at least one freelance translator for each language unless they hired a polygot or they decided to dismiss all translators simultaneously.

For 4* players, Polaris and Dark Beast is actually pretty good to bump up your yellow, purple and red aps. All three colours - red, purple, yellow - are unused by them. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Anyone else notice that when he was airborne and making tile matches he wouldn't default to his normal color matches?  I had him make green and black matches (3 tile only versions) instead of red and purple matches that were also on the board.  Does his airborne matchmaking process fall under different rules than all the other AI match orders?  
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    Anyone else notice that when he was airborne and making tile matches he wouldn't default to his normal color matches?  I had him make green and black matches (3 tile only versions) instead of red and purple matches that were also on the board.  Does his airborne matchmaking process fall under different rules than all the other AI match orders?  
    Was anyone else alive on your team (ie stunned/airborne)?  If so and they had those colors as their primary ones the AI would make matches in them.
    KGB
  • entrailbucket
    Does the AI actually prioritize colors?  Aside from his weird obsession with teamups and finding every single match-4 on the board, I've never noticed any pattern to what he does.  If anything, I find he targets colors that are *bad* for him.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    I like to think the AI prioritizes colors someone on the team has powers in, after match-4s of course. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited November 2021
    I won't bother too much at this point but I remember that they will go for

1) Match-4
    2) Teamup until they fire them
    3) Next colour that will bring them closer to firing a colour
    4) roll a dice if AI has two active powers of the same colour
    5) match its own special tiles, especially its cds that are fresh from the oven.  :D

The only guarantee is the AI will make match-4. Anything else is RNG. I have watched AI making its non-core colours and that isn't a bad thing.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Pretty sure the AI will go after the colors it has on the team (after match-4's and TUs). Even if those don't have active powers, but are still a strong color for someone (a passive).
    It can get weirder still with goons around, some have all colors of equal strength (but still have one or two colors for powers), and some have strongest color, and it can be different than the color they use powers on (place CDs), like some symbiotes have... yellow? I think? I gave up trying to figure it out at some point.   :D
  • entrailbucket
    Kolence said:
    Pretty sure the AI will go after the colors it has on the team (after match-4's and TUs). Even if those don't have active powers, but are still a strong color for someone (a passive).
    It can get weirder still with goons around, some have all colors of equal strength (but still have one or two colors for powers), and some have strongest color, and it can be different than the color they use powers on (place CDs), like some symbiotes have... yellow? I think? I gave up trying to figure it out at some point.   :D
    I've been playing literally forever, playing a ton of matches since forever, and have watched the AI closely forever and I have *never* noticed any pattern to the matches he makes.  Beyond, again, his uncanny ability to find every match-4 and his bizarre insatiable desire for teamups, the colors he picks look totally random.

There are some rules for when he'll cast powers, the order he casts them, how he decides to whether to cast something or save up, etc.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    After using him for a bit, he is going to be one of those nuisance 4 stars that you aim to take out first.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2021
    I champed him a day ago. He gives iHulk cover (for his green skill) and shards.
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    He pairs really well with Miles Morales. I believe BRB would be good with them. I can't test it out since i only have 1 BRB cover.