*** Loki (Dark Reign) ***

Comments

• Give him an ability which permits him to return to full health once downed, if there is at least X color AP in stock, or ability that would grant him temporary control of an opponent.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Give him an ability which permits him to return to full health once downed, if there is at least X color AP in stock, or ability that would grant him temporary control of an opponent.

Maybe a way to turn an opponents attack back on themselves? A partial damage reflection or some such thing that scales up as it levels.
  • Aiolia wrote:
    Nahh, black skill is only turn red and yellow tile to purple not that god like !! He is just like Rag but rag is better at 115 2 ap 620 x 10 red ap 3100 damage and turn random tile to green. So Loki without nerf is alright, dont make sure a big deal. Loki should be baxk to his original form is better.

There's already the Ragnarok green tile generation issue and how it pairs well with characters that use green AP. With Loki generating so much purple, imagine bullseye animations everywhere. Magneto would be powered up like crazy. Black widow could wipe out the opponents AP very quickly.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Bag Man & Loki really need to be buffed. There really shouldn't be any close to useless 2/3 star characters. Hell, none should be useless, but those two practically are right now.
  • Just had a big where Loki's Trickery did not fire off against the strike tiles that doom placed.
  • It's not a bug, Dr. Doom makes attack tiles which are not the same as strike tiles. So they are not affected by Loki.
  • Loki is an obvious hard counter to Daken, but he also works well on the same team as well. His illusions can change the red strike tiles to other colours freeing the reds up to allow room for more strike tiles.
  • I would suggest Loki either:

- Becomes immune to damage under certain conditions (the idea is you're uselessly swinging at an illusion version of him while the real Loki is standing off to the side, laughing at you)

- Denies/drains AP without stealing it like the Widows or The Hood (basically, Loki does XX ability, opponent just loses YY AP of certain color or colors)

- Randomly stuns one random enemy character for random number of turns (at level 5, it becomes pre-set to 5 turns...but maybe you still can't choose the target) - This is to emulate the Tom Hiddleston "I disappear for like a second and suddenly I'm backstabbing you" version of Loki we saw in last year's Avengers movie.
  • I agree with Ranzera.

Why didn't they just change the numbers on the original skill?
    Either:
    - up the AP cost, or
    - reduce the number of changed tiles?

This way his skills would have still worked with each other, and he wouldn't be totally nerfed. icon_e_sad.gif
  • I think Loki should have a move that gives the energy from his opponents next move to him instead.
  • Misguided wrote:
    I think Loki should have a move that gives the energy from his opponents next move to him instead.

That's a good idea. I like it.
  • someguy wrote:
    - Becomes immune to damage under certain conditions (the idea is you're uselessly swinging at an illusion version of him while the real Loki is standing off to the side, laughing at you)

I like this one. Passive skill. When he has over XX AP of <color> and is hit for over 10% of maximum health, the attack does no damage and all <color> AP is drained.

Level 2-4 could be lower AP requirements and draining all but a few AP.

Level 5 could have him do some damage to target.
  • I thought a good green ability for him would be:

10 green ap: The God of Trickery enjoys sowing chaos. Loki shuffles the board.
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    I thought a good green ability for him would be:

His purple already basically does that... Unless you mean similar to magneto classic's purple...in which case that would be nice.

As I see it he either needs a move that benifits the team or an attack to be relavant. Trickery is extremely situational, as well as expensive unless maxed (then its mid high priced). Not working on doom's strikes is pretty damaging to its useflness too. Illusions is cheap, but it would have been more useful if A. It started with a few more tiles and when you leveled it the AP dropped to a max level of 2-3 ap, or B. If it let you select which ones to swap to a different color. You coukdnt pick what it swapped to, but at least you would get to have a better chance to get some decent matches.

My 5 fav options are:

1. Destroyer armor (not viable if they plan on making a 4 **** destroyer armor Loki or something)
    Lvl. 1 Taking damage below 10% of Loki's max health does 50% of the original damage when more than X of color Y are stored.
    Lvl. 2 decrease #of stored color required.

Lvl. 3 decrease # of stored color required.

Lvl. 4 attacks only do 30% of original.damage.

Lvl. 5 Loki gains 2 of each ap when receiving damage above 10%

2. Ordered Chaos

Lvl 1. Loki summons a pawn (strike tile) onto the field of play at random. Every turn the pawn remains
    In play select 1 colored tile to swap with another tile on the board each turn.

Lvl 2. Decrease Ap by 2 (IRS mildly expensive)

Lvl 3. You can now swap any type of tile.

Lvl 4. Gain 1 Ap of the strike tile pawn's color every turn.

Lvl 5. Swap 2 tiles per a turn.

3. Deception
    Lvl 1. Enemies perceive Loki as their ally, unable to attack him for X turns (for arguments sake...let's say 2 turns). Side note: the ap cost for the skill needs to be rather low so its possibly refreshable but not guaranteed. Such as starting at 9, ending at 6.

Lvl 2. -1 ap cost.

Lvl 3. -2 ap cost.

Lvl 4. Increase deception by one turn.

Lvl 5. Loki leeches 1 of each ap every turn while in deception.

4. Any decent attack move. Something similar to mags purple works...maybe a selected tile destroyer move...something that does damage.

5. Malevolent Mischief

Lvl 1. Loki selects X number of colored tiles to turn into countdown tiles (let's say 3?) that explode, causing cascade when they explode dealing damage. If destroyed by Loki these countdown tiles function as normal. If destroyed by the opponent these tiles decrease the damage done by Y. This ends your turn.

Lvl. 2. Decrease countdown from (4?) to 3.

Lvl. 3. When destroyed by the opponent, tiles leech ap from the opponent (3-5 range all colors)

Lvl 4. This no longer ends your turn.

Lvl 5. Increase countdown by 3. While on the field of play the tiles now do damage at the end of each turn.
  • Skyedyne wrote:

His purple already basically does that... Unless you mean similar to magneto classic's purple...in which case that would be nice.

As I see it he either needs a move that benifits the team or an attack to be relavant. Trickery is extremely situational, as well as expensive unless maxed (then its mid high priced). Not working on doom's strikes is pretty damaging to its useflness too. Illusions is cheap, but it would have been more useful if A. It started with a few more tiles and when you leveled it the AP dropped to a max level of 2-3 ap, or B. If it let you select which ones to swap to a different color. You coukdnt pick what it swapped to, but at least you would get to have a better chance to get some decent matches.

My 5 fav options are:

1. Destroyer armor (not viable if they plan on making a 4 **** destroyer armor Loki or something)
    Lvl. 1 Taking damage below 10% of Loki's max health does 50% of the original damage when more than X of color Y are stored.
    Lvl. 2 decrease #of stored color required.

Lvl. 3 decrease # of stored color required.

Lvl. 4 attacks only do 30% of original.damage.

Lvl. 5 Loki gains 2 of each ap when receiving damage above 10%

2. Ordered Chaos

Lvl 1. Loki summons a pawn (strike tile) onto the field of play at random. Every turn the pawn remains
    In play select 1 colored tile to swap with another tile on the board each turn.

Lvl 2. Decrease Ap by 2 (IRS mildly expensive)

Lvl 3. You can now swap any type of tile.

Lvl 4. Gain 1 Ap of the strike tile pawn's color every turn.

Lvl 5. Swap 2 tiles per a turn.

3. Deception
    Lvl 1. Enemies perceive Loki as their ally, unable to attack him for X turns (for arguments sake...let's say 2 turns). Side note: the ap cost for the skill needs to be rather low so its possibly refreshable but not guaranteed. Such as starting at 9, ending at 6.

Lvl 2. -1 ap cost.

Lvl 3. -2 ap cost.

Lvl 4. Increase deception by one turn.

Lvl 5. Loki leeches 1 of each ap every turn while in deception.

4. Any decent attack move. Something similar to mags purple works...maybe a selected tile destroyer move...something that does damage.

5. Malevolent Mischief

Lvl 1. Loki selects X number of colored tiles to turn into countdown tiles (let's say 3?) that explode, causing cascade when they explode dealing damage. If destroyed by Loki these countdown tiles function as normal. If destroyed by the opponent these tiles decrease the damage done by Y. This ends your turn.

Lvl. 2. Decrease countdown from (4?) to 3.

Lvl. 3. When destroyed by the opponent, tiles leech ap from the opponent (3-5 range all colors)

Lvl 4. This no longer ends your turn.

Lvl 5. Increase countdown by 3. While on the field of play the tiles now do damage at the end of each turn.

Your favorites sound pretty powerful. I assume you're talking about giving him one of these skills in addition to the two largely garbage ones he already has?
  • Skyedyne wrote:

The nice things he said.

I was figuring more along the lines of an entire board reset/reshuffle. Not to up to date on classics mags purple, as I have not seen it in action, but more along the lines of when the game detects no possible move, it reshuffle the board. Only difference is that Loki would have the capability to avoid collapsing into a 4 or 5 of a kind for the other team, or have a **** shoot to pick up a better combo on a reshuffle. As it stands, It appears he is more of a support character, and having this kind of ability fits in with his theme, character and game play both.
  • Maybe something simpler, but still in keeping with Loki's chaotic/random character theme, would just be an ability that randomly places a random assortment of special tiles (which you own) at random locations on the board.

The more points you place, the more special tiles you place.

Special tiles could include:
    - strike tiles at XX damage modifier
    - attack tiles that do YY damage per turn
    - protect tiles that prevent ZZ damage,
    - 2-turn countdown tiles that stun the whole enemy team for one turn after counting down to 0
    - crit tiles

At level 1, place 2 random tiles, level 2, place 3, at level 4, place 4, at level 5, place 6.
  • Wondering if there's any plans on the horizon for modifying Loki so he's not so crummy...

I think there's a general consensus here that, as far as 3* characters go, he's waaay below grade.

Got some covers of his and am trying to figure what to do with the guy..
    Why would anyone invest ISO into him? icon_e_confused.gif
    ...unless of course he might be due for an upgrade so he can compete with the other 3*s...
  • I didn't really pay attention to him before he was nerfed. What was the change? I remember people saying he went from being really powerful to the useless husk of a character we see now. I'm kidding, but really he's not that good.
  • Before my time I think, or at least before I got one of his covers...

Apparently originally, at the cost of 10 black he'd turn 20 tiles to purple (think purple "forest fire" icon_e_surprised.gif )

I'm still confounded as to why the devs didn't just tweak the numbers (up the cost or reduce tiles), rather than nerf him outright...