**** Ikaris (Eternals) ****

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    The art is so great. 
    He hits pretty hard for a 4*. Possibly he will be really popular in a polaris grocket team.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,908 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like the art,
    Like the skill set,
    Bummed he's not a 5*  :(
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2021
    Who said that airborne allies aren't disabled? They are.

An airborne character cannot make matches or use active powers. This includes Ikaris' red ability as well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another question on my mind: what if Ikaris got stunned by Archangel or Elsa while he's airborne? Does it count as return from airborne or do you need to go airborne again in order to gain aps from his red?

I would imagine it almost certainly does not count as "return from airborne," that power's order of operations functions very much like Thano5's court death where the status changes to Stunned first, overriding any subsequent effects (why you don't get a boost to that damage unless you have a stun immune booster). I suppose there could be an edge case here, but I would suspect it won't do it.

• Daniel2121
    Black Cat stuns the target when landing from airborne status. So get her stunned by Archangel when she's airborne and see what happens. I bet Ikaris is the same way
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought so too. I remember invisible character who got stunned retained their invisibility but I think it was tile based. His airborne isn't tile based, so that probably won't work. Thanks for the insight!

It's not easy to find Archangel or Elsa in the wild. I don't know how many hundreds of skips I have to use just to find Archangel. 
  • Daniel2121
    I thought so too. I remember invisible character who got stunned retained their invisibility but I think it was tile based. His airborne isn't tile based, so that probably won't work. Thanks for the insight!

It's not easy to find Archangel or Elsa in the wild. I don't know how many hundreds of skips I have to use just to find Archangel. 
    We'll see them for sure in his PvP event. At least I will bring my Archangel for sure
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Who said that airborne allies aren't disabled? They are.

An airborne character cannot make matches or use active powers. This includes Ikaris' red ability as well.
    the question about whether or not they are disabled was more about whether powers that have "disabled ally" requirements in them will treat airborne allies as not being active.
  • HoundofShadow
    I have already filed a bug report for the inconsistency and I don't know when they will fix it. I tested whether Ronan and Loki-gator are still buggy a couple days ago and that was when I realised the bugs have been solved. I filed Ronan's in June and Loki-Gator's in August. So, I'll probably test it again in Jan 2022.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2021
    What was the Ronan bug? I've noticed that when one of his repeaters is fortified, it does the damage when directly matched, but if you 4x clear it the fortified ones that are hit by the line clear don't do their bonus damage.
  • HoundofShadow
    It didn't deal the correct amount of damage when you have a number of his repeaters on the board. Assuming you have 10 of his repeaters out and each deals 1000 damage, when you make a match with one of the repeaters in it, it didn't deal match damage + 10,000 damage, it dealt match damage + lesser than 10,000 damage. The difference gets bigger the more repeaters you have out there.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I'm not seeing how this guy is good. Seems overly complicated.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did not seem to have trouble getting enough red to fire his powers in his introduction with Th4r and Quicksilver. Red heavy board though. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I tried twice , by the time I got him airborne everyone was dead before he landed ( on the other team ) so I still don’t know if he works for me 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    He’s a bit wonky. Not very fun either. You go airborne and let the computer play.
    Apoc downed his partners every time I ran the sub. So it was just waiting for the purple matches every 4 turns going airborne again until I had enough red to fire.
    Boring not fun and mostly uninteresting.
  • HoundofShadow
    He will make free matches when all allies are airborne. So, it concludes that not active allies includes stunned, downed and airborne.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was expected from the wording.
    As far as airborne characters go he feels like the least interesting.
    He doesn’t do anything great when he lands.
    He is at his best when he is airborne and it’s just boring. You don’t make any choices or decisions, just try to go airborne again.
    Its not the direction I would like to see airborne characters go.
    They should do cool and interesting things when they land like Black Cat, Throg, and Vulture.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I believe "airborne" triggering "inactive" keyword powers is probably supposed to be the intended behavior, and I further guess that when it doesn't, the problem is in the power that isn't benefitting from it is the issue for whatever reason.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    He doesn't seem to revive if he's the last character standing, even if you have the required yellow AP. That's disappointing.
  • HoundofShadow
    I'm glad we discovered airborne bugs early.  :D

As for revive, it's the same with Phoenix and iHulk. Matches will never end if last character can revive.