Odin's Protector of the Nine Realms is bugged

Options
HoundofShadow
HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
The Odin in the link is level 450 and the trigger for this ability is 5792 damage.

Note: I don't know why the link name is funny but that's the link I got when I uploaded the videos

Video 1:
Wanda's repeater deals 15556 damage in the video and Odin's Protector of the Nine Realms didn't process.

https://gfycat.com/thinharmfulbushsqueaker

Video 2:
Enemy Colossus deals 1172 yellow match damage, yet Odin's Protector of the Nine Realms processes.

https://gfycat.com/dimunsungcygnet

It looks like Odin's Protector of the the Nine Realms triggers before the final damage of power or match damage is calculated.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How many charges were on that Wanda tile, do you know? I'm wondering if that power isn't coded to do X hits of the base damage, and then only displays the total. If that's the case, and there were for instance 3x charges on it, each individual charge was hitting for 5185pts, or just under the threshold. This is lame if it's the case, because it does not present to the player as if that were happening.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Her powers were boosted by Apocalypse's repeaters, and I have deleted the full length video. There were probably 2-3 charges.

I suspect, for some reasons, Odin intercepted before the resolution of all modifiers of damage. That's why my Odin jumps in even though enemy Colossus dealt only 1172 damage. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You are probably correct. It might even have to with ordering of your team and where Colossus was in relation to the damage reduction.
    It's going to be almost impossible to fix this issue because all the passives get run 1 at a time and I doubt there is any way to 'order them' so that one resolves after a different one because that first one might affect how the 2nd one plays out. That would be a nightmare to code / code maintenance.
    KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Odin doesn’t seem to take the boost damage into account, he just eats it. I’ve seen that one a bunch specifically with Apocalypse.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited November 2021
    Options
    The order was Ronan/Odin/Colossus or (2/1/3). And even if I switch Odin with Colossus, the same thing happens.

I didn't test all abilities in the game but I replaced Odin with 4* Deadpool in the above team, which preserve the same order and played against Colossus/Wanda/Apocalypse. If that's the case, every yellow/black/blue match-3 from enemy Colossus will cause 4 DP to create a cd that deals damage back. However, DP created cd only after all modifier of damage has been applied, which mean he didn't create any cd when enemy Colossus makes a match-3 in his strong colours.

I also replaced Valkyrie with Deadpool. Valkyrie should be creating strike tiles every turn if I paired her with Colossus against enemy Colossus. However, she didn't create strike tiles every turn when enemy Colossus makes yellow/black/blue match-3. It means that her abilities took all damage modifier into account before creating strike tiles.

Therefore, I believe all other abilities that are based on hitting certain damage threshold are capable of taking damage modifiers into account before thier abilities process. So, I believe it shouldn't be difficult.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I tested against the same team using different scenarios. My opponents will always be Wanda/Apocalypse/Colossus.

Team 1
    BRB/Polaris/Odin (5792 damage triggers jump in front)
    My protect tiles went into 2k range, effectively reducing enemy Colossus yellow to 4k+. When Colossus did ~4k match damage, Odin didn't jump in front. This means that Odin ability took protect tiles into account but not damage reduction from abilities.

Team 2
    Colossus/The Thing/1* Juggernaut

I got Colossus to less than 10k health and The Thing @ full health.  My Thing triggers for jump in front is more than 2.2k damage. If enemy Colossus makes any of his strongest colours, The Thing should jump in front, like what Odin did. But The Thing didn't jump in front. The Thing factors in my Colossus damage reduction before thinking whether to jump in front. In the video, Odin jumped in front even though enemy Colossus dealt 1k+ yellow match damage.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just looked at the wording of Deadpool/Thing/Valkrie. Their powers all state something like "Whenever an ally of mine takes more than 685 damage".
    Odins is worded differently. His says " If an enemy would deal at least 1441 damage, Odin jumps to the front"
    Notice his talks about damage being dealt while the others all talk about an ally being hit for damage. It's a subtle wording difference. Their passive powers probably trigger code wise at the moment damage is applied to a character. Odin's appears to trigger code wise immediately before any target is selected for damage (and hence their damage reduction being applied).
    Someone like 5* ProfX has individual damage reduction so you could try with him and Odin to confirm all this but I suspect Odin's power is working as intended based on wording differences.
    KGB

• HoundofShadow
    Options
    Good catch! I went to look at Mr Sinister and 5* Iceman wordings and they have the exact wordings as Odin. Mr Sinister's damage reduction works just like Odin's, until I found out something even more sinister.

As usual, my opponents are Apocalypse/Wanda/Colossus. I had enemy Apocalypse put his repeaters out, which increases his allies power by more than 9000. Wanda's repeater deals 2200 per charge. I made a match-3 and enemy Wanda stored one charge. I have 6 black aps. Wanda should deal 11200 to my Colossus. Guess what? It dealt about 5000 damage instead and my black aps didn't reduce. It was still at six. This is the exact same bug as Iceman's where he reduced enemy damage even though he doesn't have the necessary tu ap to do so.

Damage reduction in 5* land is at another level indeed.