**** Ikaris (Eternals) ****

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

What does it mean by "match damage"? 70% of what number?
    Ikaris match damage plus and most importantly yellow increasing value.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    You can try pairing Vulture and 5* Captain Marvel with Sighclops, send both Vulture and 5* Captain Marvel airborne on  the same turn and watch whether Sighclops's yellow power become black.

Alternatively, go to shield sim and look for Wanda/Colossus/Apocalypse. Use Riri/BRB/Polaris and send Colossus Airborne for 3 turns. Make a match and end your turn. On your next turn, try stunning Apocalypse with Polaris. It will show you "immune". 

If both your scenario and my scenarios kick in, it simply means "active allies" is bugged.

I'm wondering about the match damage too. It's pretty vague. Unless it's something like if you match green, ikaris will deal damage based on his green. If yellow, it will be based on his yellow.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited November 2021
    Sighclops use teammates while Apocalypse use allies. I supposed Apocalypse has a lot of bugs. Heimdall's passive reduction ability did activate though when his allies are airborne. Anyway, it's just one of the inconsistencies in wordings we have to remember by experiences.

I agree with Bad's guess.
  • Bad
    Devs should try to unificate all powers wording because if not happens like gamora's yellow and now ikaris: until we play it we cannot be sure.
    I can be pretty sure on my guess but many times I was wrong in the past.
    If all powers used the same wording it would be clear beforehand.
  • HoundofShadow
    We just need to file bug reports with video proofs. I filed two bug reports for Ronan and Loki-gator in the bug report section and they've fixed the bugs.

I'll file one for Odin and another one for the definition of "(in)active allies/teammates when I have the time.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bad I'm talking about when Ikaris is NOT the one making a match. Go read the example I gave, in which Ikaris is Airborne and his teammate Okoye makes a match. In that scenario, what's the basis for his 70% match damage? Where is it getting its value from?
    It's a % of his match damage for that color.
    So lets say it's a Match 3 Red, Okoye would do her X amount of match damage to the character in front. Then Ikaris would do HIS amount of Red match damage (which will be different than hers since it's based on his numbers) to the back character. If you have a lot of Yellow banked up that will be quite significant since it's +380% when he's airborne and with addition +X from your banked Yellow.
    KGB

• Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Riri can send only herself and opponent airborne. She can't send allies airborne.
    Lmao I had forgotten that. But the other heroes I mentioned do send allies airborne tho.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone have any speculative ideas on feeder possibilities?  I don't know Eternals well, and I can't imagine any of the unfed 5* match, but I like to guess:

Eternals are wrapped in mythology (Ikaris, of course).  So maybe Odin?

I think Ikaris fought Apocalypse?  So maybe Magneto (AoA)?

They're immortal?  Hulk (Immortal)?

They are all a bit of a reach, but I am hopeful they keep up with the recent feeders trend.  
  • HoundofShadow
    You will know tomorrow.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,382 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall I’m not super impressed by him.
    in an airborne 4* team he might have a place with Throg and vulture
    I don’t see using him in my heimdall airlift comps.
    He won’t replace Throg vulture or black cat.
    His red had no place with heimdall on the team.
    The purple has the most promise with the passive damage but vulture crushes that with his green and black cat has a stun. Throg s other abilities are more useful.
    The yellow im on the fence about. With heimdall it’s not great on a 4* team it could work.

I don’t really see a place he will fall into. He could be airborne forever which is pretty cool but I think vulture does that better.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    You will know tomorrow.
    I know, but that's not as much fun as guessing :smile:
  • Bad
    dianetics said:

I don’t really see a place he will fall into. He could be airborne forever which is pretty cool but I think vulture does that better.
    On the other hand, I can see it pretty clear.
    Guessing 3/5/5:
    At level 270 his purple is 75, 3 match 225 damage. Collect 12 yellow and it's 300%, it would be 675 damage. Not bad.
    Now he is flying at level 5 another 380% of his match damage(I will add only 300% because I don't want to take the calculator): it would damage to the character in back for 1950 damage. It's better!
    Now add all the strike tiles you can make.
    The character in back with my wrongs calculations will be pretty harmed, imo.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Bad said:
    dianetics said:

Guessing 3/5/5:
    At level 270 his purple is 75, 3 match 225 damage. Collect 12 yellow and it's 300%, it would be 675 damage. Not bad.
    Now he is flying at level 5 another 380% of his match damage(I will add only 300% because I don't want to take the calculator): it would damage to the character in back for 1950 damage. It's better!
    I'm pretty sure those percentages are additive and not multiplicative. So you don't take 225*3=675 and then take 675*380=~2800ish. Instead you get 380%+300%=680% and so damage would be 225*680%=1530+255(original damage) = 1755.
    He's much stronger than Vulture as a final airborne character because he still does damage while airborne and can remain aloft about as easily as Vulture can. In fact they will make a great pair because they don't over lap colors and Vulture even generates some Red for him.
    He might be the rare character that's useful at 4/5/4 so you get the extra purple/yellow when he lands to help fuel the perpetual airborne state.
    KGB
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    KGB said:
    Bad said:
    dianetics said:

Guessing 3/5/5:
    I'm pretty sure those percentages are additive and not multiplicative. So you don't take 225*3=675 and then take 675*380=~2800ish. Instead you get 380%+300%=680% and so damage would be 225*680%=1530+255(original damage) = 1755.
    He's much stronger than Vulture as a final airborne character because he still does damage while airborne and can remain aloft about as easily as Vulture can. In fact they will make a great pair because they don't over lap colors and Vulture even generates some Red for him.
    He might be the rare character that's useful at 4/5/4 so you get the extra purple/yellow when he lands to help fuel the perpetual airborne state.
    KGB
    I initially thought 4/5/4 or 4/4/5 as well, but it looks like the ap gained when returning from airborne is not passive but requires you to actively fire his red. This contingency makes it much, much weaker. IM40 might be a good partner if one is looking to generate massive amounts of ap but overall the team that would be weak, unless you were a 3* player using an level capped Ikarus. Hydra Stomper, Ikarus, and Vulture would generate all the ap on the other hand, if HS would survive being left on the ground by his lonesome. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited November 2021
    The ap gained is definitely not passive, and you must fire his red the moment he returns from airborne to gain those aps.

I don't think there's an either/or situation with Vulture and Ikaris. It's the same thing with Wanda and Electro. You either get Ikaris or Vulture or you either get Wanda or Electro. What if we put them together? They will be even better. 

Another question on my mind: what if Ikaris got stunned by Archangel or Elsa while he's airborne? Does it count as return from airborne or do you need to go airborne again in order to gain aps from his red?
  • dianetics
    On an airlift team with Heimdall, Vulture is far superior to single strikes at the back target. It's not even close.
    Vultures green can be cast multiple times per turn and do 6k+ to each enemy for each cast.
    I use Heimdall, Throg, Vulture often and the main dps of that team is Vulture followed by Heimdall.
  • HoundofShadow
    10 green ap per cast and it's susceptible to getting matched away, but I get where you are coming from. Vulture can't be revived when he's down and he can't make matches when he's airborne alone. Vulture's playstyle is more aggressive compared to Ikaris, who is passive aggressive. It's two different playstyles and the only similarity (besides being 4*) they have is that they can go airborne.  There are a lot more differences between them but it will take some time to write them down.
  • dianetics
    I regularly get the green down to 3 per cast, and cast it 3-4 times per turn. Doing between 12-20k to each enemy every turn.

As an individual airborne character Ikarus has more value, but not running with heimdall.
  • HoundofShadow
    Yes, definitely. Between pairing Ikaris with Heimdall and Vulture with Heimdall, Heimdall and Vulture is a much better pairing. Ikaris has more colours overlap with Heimdall. On top of that, you'll probably use Heimdall's red over Ikaris' red unless you have strategy revolving purple and yellow ap that leads up to something big.

• HoundofShadow
    edited November 2021
    His passive damage works even when there's one enemy left. 

His animations are so Superman-like.  :D