Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, i completely forgot about Valkyrie; that's a great option
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    For the Lokigator required node against mindless ones in the current event, I've found a fun combination to be 3* Gambit (currently boosted) and Throg.  Loki's black is the key as it will turn 3 enemy special tiles (including countdowns) into charged tiles thus completely nullifying the mindless ones. Of course, the catch is he has to be invisible for this to happen. That's where Throg's blue and green powers come in handy as well as Gambit's red and Loki's yellow to some extent. It does take a little while to get going (some AP boosts could certainly help) but once it does there's practically no stopping them (Throg's yellow can also come in handy when you don't manage to get rid of a countdown in time or just want to cause some extra damage). I'll be honest, it wasn't exactly quick but that's probably partly because why Loki is lvl127 and Throg is lvl111. Hopefully it won't be too long until they are champed so that I can see how much quicker that is.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Not a favorite team per se, but just a quick reminder that 3* Vision's yellow (required 3* for the currently running Honor Among Thieves) is one of the few powers that can reduce incoming self-harm damage, so maybe consider it if you're running Hulkoye for clears. Might save you a health pack on your grind at least.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran Coulson/GRRR/C4rol against the Space for Brains challenge node in Honor Among Thieves for all 4 clears. ...  It is very amusing once you have a Hell Ride or two out, and you end up in a cascade scenario where it is constantly getting advanced by coulson and blasting out the board buffing your strikes.
    And Coulson's blue steals AP for every friendly countdown tile you have, so you get a LOT of green from the three Mindless ones, which just powers up more Hellfires.

With +2 AP boosts, and with all of them champed, it worked on SCL10.  :)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    This last week since 5torm was boosted, I was running her with Shang-Chi and HalfThor. My Shang-Chi is only 5/1/1 and even then was killing everything with 5torm and Thor feeding him. Thor fed his red directly, Storm is more indirect but you can easily force red and purple matches with her abilities. Just spec her to 3/5/5 and eliminate Blue since no one has a use for it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I was using this team in PVE where DareDevil is boosted, and I wanted to see if it works okay unboosted as well and took it into Simulator to try it.

Daredevil/Polaris/Ghostpool turned out to be a pretty fun team with stuns on 3 colors and a lot of passive and active damage tics between them on a few colors. You'll probably want to chase whichever stun AP color is most prevalent on the board, either red, purple, or blue, and get whoever is the most problematic on the other team stunned as fast as you can. It's probably ideal to start with Polaris's stun to get the special match passive damage going, but whatever works. I went up against a Simulator retal featuring Electro/Profe$$or X/Onslaught, and it was pretty straightforward once I got it moving.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    purplemur said:
    Was determined to get Ikarus to a game-state where he was auto-matching and ended up leaning on Vulture+5Magneto - (Props to Tiger-Wong for calling it in the AoA release thread!)
    Holding 30 yellow AP is dual synergy and really pushes the DPS; Ikarus is melting the back then Mags drops in and washes over the tank exposing midline; rotate in the injured back- finish with Ikarus red, to pump his purps so he jumps back up and then auto match the win. Really; getting airborne in 3 colors is fun but clunky and slow.

But those pick 2 lingered into the reqd sub with HydraStomper and they work well together! 
    basically with the two “wings” aloft HydraStomper matches everything and just how much of a battery he is becomes apparent. 1+ 6/8AP per first match! Every turn he is withering away 2AP so denial is viable!!  30 yellow is almost a lock and the black&blue stay plentiful, so much green! If there are tile spammers then I use Stomp to keep the shuffle going but save up for a multicast and those CD’s cause mad damage and chaos! Otherwise Vultures AoE still gives a licking! Have to send Magneto airborne first to avoid the Slicer auto-trigger and his red repeaters aren’t bad on their own and the SAP theft is a good 2nd place in a beauty contest if you still need to get enough Blue …he would be so good if they worked regardless of his state….. but… Le Sigh….
    There is a fun amount of puzzling and some hard choices that all the best combos leave you with( America m4vs crit, shangchi,px) there are times where setting up an AP CD to keep vulture up is a tough call! Its fun to watch as the board is just constantly changing and cascading. When Magneto drops the hammer and comes down hard on a Goon squad=wicked fun! 
    I thought HydraStompers best trait was stunproof and that  Peggy flavor but I have come around to truly appreciate his AP generation potential! 
    I love the MPQ! The team building depth is great! Even with chars that I wasn’t super thrilled with; there are fun surprises still out there! 
    I gave this a try in shield sim since I've REALLY been wanting to find a way to make Mags work. Unfortunately, my stomper is baby champed so he dies almost instantly once Mags and Vulture are airborne. Maybe it'll work when he's boosted but I don't see it working otherwise. I'm also in 5* MMR so maybe that's the problem and it'll work in 4* play with a soft capped Magneto?
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2021
    First, a gripe. Required invisible characters vs invisible characters in pvp is just stupid.  I've had multiple matches take at least 15-20 minutes each today, with Gator Lokis just staying invisible (and healing to boot) forever. That's not fun at all. If I lose, I lose. If I win, I win, but a single match taking that long is just ridiculous.

On topic, Gator Loki's active powers are yellow and black, which he needs to fire to stay invisible, and he goes invisible by matching purple charged tiles. So who has strong yellow and black? Boosted Colo5sus, of course. But then who to bring to create more black from matching all of those purple tiles to keep GLoki invisible?

3* Iron Fist

His purple creates black tiles, Colossus pounds the enemy team for massive damage, GLoki insta-gatored, cascading more matches, which almost created a winfinite combo for me. Apparently it did well on defense, too, as I've had a bunch of wins from the retal attacks. 

It took me a while to start using, but Gloki, Colo5sus, and Iron Fi3t has been working really well for me in pvp.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have I finally created a use for The Hulk (Bruce Banner)?

The Hulk (Bruce Banner) 4/2/5 w/Yard Root Support lvl 150
    Shang Chi 5/5/3
    Valkyrie 3/5/5

with yard root, there’s a 53% chance to start off the match with 5 green. So 1 more green and the Banner-to-Hulk 2-turn CD starts. You still won’t gain AP from his free matches. However, SC is still tanking everything so that match damage is incredible, no mafter what’s matched. And there’s a great possibility that a red and purple match can be made which still raises the Combo Counter despite not getting AP. And speaking of AP, Valkyrie will always keep you fresh with red by crossing her Bounty Hunter threshold. 
  • marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    brooo...today my boosted yellowjacket (lvl 390. 3/4/2), vulture (lvl 332. 4/5/4), and boosted ikaris (lvl 271. 3/5/5) DEMOLISHED THE CHALLENGE NODE! no boosts used, got some good black and blue matches to keep yellowjacket invisible and vulture airbourne, let ikaris die, but got that 9 yellow AP for him, then just DECIMATED them, the most fun team to use right now.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I posted it in a different Shang-Chi thread, but I really like:

Shang-Chi/Onslaught/Professor X 4*

For this one, based on my team’s relative levels, purple is my strongest color, so any match 5 creates 4 purple. It allows the team to self-power without starting a new turn the way characters like Valkyrie require once it gets going. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    I posted it in a different Shang-Chi thread, but I really like:

Shang-Chi/Onslaught/Professor X 4*

For this one, based on my team’s relative levels, purple is my strongest color, so any match 5 creates 4 purple. It allows the team to self-power without starting a new turn the way characters like Valkyrie require once it gets going. 
    Thanks for the Prof X suggestion. I’ve been using SC/Prof4/Hulkbuster in the Danger Room. I wonder if Valkyrie instead of HB would be faster. Be back after testing a bit. 

*edit. Yup. Fun as tinykitty. So much red ap it is insane. If you lose the winfinite, Valkyrie is there for you. 
    **edit. Match-5 on turn 1 give 8 red ap for those scoring at home. I will call this Instawinfinite from this point forth. Rare, but broken af and I imagine this is what life would be like if Supports were added to PvP. I have officially replaced Hulkbuster and Lokigator in my heart. 
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Oh that is so much fun, SC, Prof 4 and Valkyrie. Many thanks for that team!
  • Sekilicious
    Oh that is so much fun, SC, Prof 4 and Valkyrie. Many thanks for that team!
    Yeah! It would be much better without the board clutter. Picking one or the other is probably better in the end. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    P4X puts too much on the board unless you run him at 553
  • Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    dianetics said:
    P4X puts too much on the board unless you run him at 553
    Facepalm. Doh!! No freaking wonder. Thanks for reminding me to not just run them with the build I found on gamependium. I would love to have them both at 5/5/0 but the instawinfinite probably isn’t reliable enough to dedicate two roster spots and 10 champion levels to. 

I need to remember that reading is op and I should try it once in a while.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Professor is decent but I think he runs better with a board manipulator.
    I’ve been running 5witch and Valkyrie and I can get to winfinite faster with this team over p4x. Target purple with witch and valk will feed red.
    Im sure there are better teams but valk is better than 3cyke and maybe even better than 5cyke
  • Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    dianetics said:
    Professor is decent but I think he runs better with a board manipulator.
    I’ve been running 5witch and Valkyrie and I can get to winfinite faster with this team over p4x. Target purple with witch and valk will feed red.
    Im sure there are better teams but valk is better than 3cyke and maybe even better than 5cyke
    Yeah, I switch P4 for Hulkbuster outside the Danger Room. Sometimes I want to fire a power that changes the board to Red or gives Red ap. Match-5s are not a guarantee. The best thing that Sighclops has going for him is two powers support SC, like HB. Yellow for board shake (the extra damage is nice) and Green for tile conversion to Red. And he is a 5* which is a big deal for longer fights when you don't have a good board. But Valkyrie will get you there faster with a good board, for sure.