**** Ikaris (Eternals) ****

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    A review I saw of the movie said that it's about 25% generic MCU stuff and 75% PowerPoint presentation explaining all the convoluted backstories.
    Sweet. I love power point presentations!
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Dang not bad! You kinda have to take him out last, but the whole time he's airborne, which will be easy to keep him airborne, he's making a massive "extra match". In terms of damage anyway, not extra AP but, at least in 4* land, that is gonna hurt. And then you left him for last and he's never coming down. Maybe Elsa bloodstone will get some use now?
  • Pantera236
    For me it'll be 3-5-5, cause apoc, but gonna be a tough choice for people who don't use apoc all the time.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is that Angelina Jolie?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if that extra match can be added to carnage, hulk, or grocket green. 
    There could be 4 matchs for the player!
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uhhhh…. Unless I’m reading it wrong, the only way you can get the extra match is if your allies are “not active”.

well that sucks. 
  • entrailbucket
    He seems designed to be annoying on defense, which is certainly a niche that some players love.

But if this 4* gets *that* resurrection power, then why are both Phoenix and Loki's 5* resurrection powers so much worse?  5* should be better than 4*, right?
  • Pantera236
    Uhhhh…. Unless I’m reading it wrong, the only way you can get the extra match is if your allies are “not active”.

well that sucks. 
    No I think it is that the only way for him to make a match while airborne is to have no active allies, but if you do have active allies every match they make hits with extra match damage to the enemy in the back, plus I would assume with the extra match damage for every yellow AP you have.
  • entrailbucket

well that sucks. 
    No I think it is that the only way for him to make a match while airborne is to have no active allies, but if you do have active allies every match they make hits with extra match damage to the enemy in the back, plus I would assume with the extra match damage for every yellow AP you have.
    Yeah, the "extra" match isn't ever extra, it's just a way to be annoying.  He makes a match if he's airborne and the only one alive.

If you kill him first, there's a very high chance of him resurrecting and flying away.

If you kill him last, there's a very high chance he'll go airborne at some point, but he keeps moving the board if he's alone and airborne.  So he can easily luck into 6 more purple and stay airborne forever.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker

well that sucks. 
    Yeah, the "extra" match isn't ever extra, it's just a way to be annoying.  He makes a match if he's airborne and the only one alive.

If you kill him first, there's a very high chance of him resurrecting and flying away.

If you kill him last, there's a very high chance he'll go airborne at some point, but he keeps moving the board if he's alone and airborne.  So he can easily luck into 6 more purple and stay airborne forever.

He doesn’t have to be the only one alive. His teammates could be airborne as well and/or stunned.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021

well that sucks. 

Exactly. He is just allowed to make a match while Airborne if he's the only active team member (ie only 1 left alive or rest are stunned/airborne themselves).
    The extra damage from friendly matches just means that if he is airborne and you make say a Red match 3 then he does 380% (5 covers) damage based on his Red (85*3=255 when champed) which would be 255*380%=1225 to the back character (this would be in addition to the Red match 3 damage to the front character). Note this damage will be increased by 25% for every Yellow AP you have so if you have say 10 yellow that's another 250% more damage.
    He will be more annoying than Vulture with regards to his ability to stay airborne forever and the two of them on the same team will be insanely annoying. In a pick 3 you could use 5* Mags and run an all Airborne team since Vulture generates Blue for Mags (expect to see them paired in Simulator in the challenge node. LOL).
    Clearly a 3/5/5 character if you don't have a Yellow outlet on your team.
    KGB
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    That damage to the back character will be insane with Grocket and friends. But I wonder if anyone will put him to 5/1/5 to game his battery.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Airborne allies are not considered inactive allies. Only downed and stunned allies are considered inactive.

And his abilities read so differently. They deliberately left out the airborne part.  >:) 

I wonder which match damage they are going to use for the passive damage to the back. It doesn't look clear to me.

And lastly, he broke the current record of the number of turns airborne and health revive %. 5 turn airborne and 100% health revive?

I hope this kicks off the start of airborne meta fight.  

After reading the full ability, I have to change my build from 5/5/3 to 3/5/5.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    100% health on Zombie , that’s got to be a 5 cover power , no wonder it’s not a 5* 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Archangel and Elsa say hi.
  • HoundofShadow
    Archangel as a counter looks fine thematically but Elsa's a little out of place because she's a monster hunter unless celestial beings are classified as monsters.   :D

These two counters are probably rarely used unless featured. So, it will be nice to see Elsa be the anti-meta.

I'm going to suggest Vulture, Throg and Ikaris as a test of patience team. Even though Throg uses yellow aps and counter Ikaris, at least he can send everyone airborne if you can't find purple or black aps. Coincidentally, this is a rainbow team with all active colours covered.

Red: Ikaris
    Yellow: Throg
    Green: Vulture, Throg
    Blue: Vulture
    Purple: Ikaris
    Black: Vulture

And only green has overlap and both are great powers.

Go, go Airborne meta! Then, create a web meta to bring them down. That would be my dream meta mechanics I'm waiting for. 
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    He seems designed to be annoying on defense, which is certainly a niche that some players love.

But if this 4* gets *that* resurrection power, then why are both Phoenix and Loki's 5* resurrection powers so much worse?  5* should be better than 4*, right?
    Because they're ancient?  :D

Hopefully, there might be hope for them, yet. Or Hope. Now that GRRR got an upgrade, right? 
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2021
    The more and more heroes that can go Airborne the more valuable Archangel is.

I think I will grab this guy anyway. Will test him with my Riri launching him.
    Or 3* Colossus.
    Or 5* Carol.
    Or Gwenpool.
    Whatever, I'm sensing STRONK meta here.
  • HoundofShadow
    Riri can send only herself and opponent airborne. She can't send allies airborne.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Airborne allies are not considered inactive allies. Only downed and stunned allies are considered inactive.

You sure about that? Heimdall's Yellow explicitly says "While Heimdall has no active allies, he takes 25/33% less damage". I'm quite sure that when Heimdall sends his teammates airborne via Bifrost, the damage reduction kicks into effect.

I'm also curious about Robb Stark's pink: "Whenever a friendly match is made while Ikaris is Airborne, he deals 70% of his match damage to the enemy in the back."

Let's say I team him up with Thorkoye. Ikaris uses his pink to go Airborne, then Okoye makes a match. Based on the wording, Ikaris would then deal 70% of his match damage. What does it mean by "match damage"? 70% of what number?