Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Opened a Standard token. Got a 2* Captain Marvel.

Leveling her up gave me enough shards to level up my 3* CM.

Leveling her up gave me enough shards to level up my 4* CM.

My 4* Cm is currently 4/3/4, so couldn't continue the chain, but I'll take a 4* cover from a chain originating from a Standard token any day. :)
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got my first 5* support Dora Milaje, happy to have one. I have quite a few 4* supports but I had given up hope on a 5. Thankfully, I have 5* BP champed to go along with it.

I’ve been having pretty good luck with upgrades to my supports overall lately. No surplus of RISO, but at least I still have stuff to spend it on.

I also recently added BSSM to my champ roster and I’m closing in on Green Goblin. Champing 5s that have left from LL used to seem totally out of reach as well. I’m happy to report it’s quite possible while still keeping up with regular releases. 

Lastly, I’ve been working on my 4* dupe farm. She is in her infancy still, but I’m watering seeds. 
    Way out, over the horizon I can smell post ISO, another mythical state I didn’t think I’d travel into. Dominos are tumbling.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2021
    Managed to get my first Yellow Jacket cover from Kate Pryde champ reward this morning, then just opened a Classic and got Yelena Belova. So 2 new 5*s rostered in the same day for me. Feeling pretty good about that.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    jp1 said:
    I got my first 5* support Dora Milaje, happy to have one. I have quite a few 4* supports but I had given up hope on a 5. Thankfully, I have 5* BP champed to go along with it.

I’ve been having pretty good luck with upgrades to my supports overall lately. No surplus of RISO, but at least I still have stuff to spend it on.

I also recently added BSSM to my champ roster and I’m closing in on Green Goblin. Champing 5s that have left from LL used to seem totally out of reach as well. I’m happy to report it’s quite possible while still keeping up with regular releases. 

Lastly, I’ve been working on my 4* dupe farm. She is in her infancy still, but I’m watering seeds. 
    Way out, over the horizon I can smell post ISO, another mythical state I didn’t think I’d travel into. Dominos are tumbling.

I can relate. My p5nther is like 1 3 2 covers and the first 5star support I got was that one a few days ago. You can't even attach it to Shuri or Okoye :(  

I've had 3star bullseye and 4star kingpin favourited for what feels like forever to cover d5redevil through champion rewards lol.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I claimed 3 Heroic tokens (because that's all I had) and got 2 4* covers. That usually doesn't happen. Later I claimed 3 more Heroic tokens (because that's all I had) and got 2 more 4* covers. Tempted to see if that luck continues on LL, but didn't want to risk it, so I claimed 22 Elite instead and got nothing. Hoarding continues.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2021
    Using Okoye against the ubiquitous BRBITTY-Polaris and made one move , couldn’t follow the ensuing board cascade explosion, but when the dust cleared I had 17 TU, Polaris dead and BRB at 20%. 4 move victory, 63 points
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    In the “it’s so unbelievable it’s amazing” department, I wiped to a seed team in the Reyes The Dead pvp. Hawkeye placed a crit tile in the best place he could have, and the cascades and five-matches rained down on my head.
  • trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Today I discovered SC/AChavez/BlackBolt.... That was super fun and unexpected.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Blackbolt is a lot of fun with SC, champed him last week so been using him for a laugh. Just got to be very aware of AP before firing his green, don't want to accidentally wipe out your red/purple for the winfinite
  • Akoni
    I just ran GRRR/Cylop5/Shang-Chi versus GRRR/Cyclop5/Colossu5. My SC was downed before I could fire his red to heal him so it was up to GRRR and C5. I retaliated by downing the enemy C5. I was hoping to fire my C5's yellow a couple more times since the board was full of yellow, but GRRR was stunned, thus switching C5's yellow to black. I was able to get some more black and team-up tiles to deal decent team damage with C5, but my GRRR wasn't able to hang in there. I downed the enemy GRRR leaving a Colossus with considerably more health. I fired C5's red, then green, then red again. Colossus fired his blue leaving me nearly dead. I needed more black to end the game, but there was none on the board. I targeted team-up tiles, matching as many as I possibly could to fire Gamora's yellow team-up. I figured it was a waste. I contemplated retreating at least 3 time this match. At this point, it was too late. It was all or bust. Colossus continued making matches, but for some reason kept matching off colors which slowly nicked away at C5. Finally, Gamora's repeater goes off stunning Colossus for a turn. Still, there was no black on the board, but if I could only get a match 4 to get a distant black. None. I made another match for as much damage as possible (red or green), but hope was little to none. Colossus woke from his temporary slumber to make another match. Another off color. I found more black AP, but unable to fire C5's black as it was now Colossus' turn. Colossus makes his final match to crush me under foot, but, again, it was an off color leaving me with precisely 46 health.

I fired black for the win.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally champed 5* DD. The meta passed him by but he's one I wanted to finish for some time.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Anon said:
    Finally champed 5* DD. The meta passed him by but he's one I wanted to finish for some time.
    He should be a featured classic in 3 weeks which is good timing although I would have just waited for the PvE
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was playing the Deadpool Daily today, and the "Third Time's a Charm" node included 3-star Cap.  He kept hitting one yellow cascade after another, and before I knew it, their team had 19 yellow AP.  He used Sentinel of Liberty, and then got another huge yellow cascade.  I decided to try and let them match as many yellow tiles as possible so that he could cast it a second time.  Sure enough, with about 300 HP left (and his other two team members dead), Cap reached his 19 AP and brought out three more protect tiles.

Then my 2-star Captain Marvel used 7 of the Red AP I'd been saving, and Photonic Blasted Cap and his protect tiles away.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Pulled 2 covers in LT, both Odin , champing him . ( I believe he leaves LT in a few hours ). Best build ? 544?
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Pulled 2 covers in LT, both Odin , champing him . ( I believe he leaves LT in a few hours ). Best build ? 544?
    Yes. 5/4/4.
    Odin has another week in LLTs, though.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Champed Shang-Chi via shards from placement rewards in last PVE, and now get to unleash him boosted in simulator. Those are some big numbers
  • Akoni
    Somehow got 6 Bag-Man covers from PvP in about 1 hour of play. It's rare that I see 1 in a PvP. Though I'm not a fan of Bag-Man, he does provide 3* Spidey covers.