Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Borstock said:
    Anon said:
    Drew 2 blue Ronan covers in a row. Why's that bad? He's now 3/3/11

Ugh, that's frustrating. At least you have enough to champ him with a feeder, if he gets/has one. Can't remember if he has one yet.
    I've been debating just using the saved covers to finish him and get it over with. On the other hand, 6 5* champ levels is pretty sweet...

Yeah, I would wait. It isn't like you're in a rush to use him. Might as well wait for the rewards.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Worst moment of the day, realised I have none of nextweeks 5star boosts championed.  

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Srheer0 said:
    Worst moment of the day, realised I have none of nextweeks 5star boosts championed.  

That’s irrelevant in 90% of battles because players use their meta teams regardless of who’s champed . I see dozens of players with 3 or 4 boosted 5s and they still ignore using them to play their top team ad nauseum
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    @TheEyeDoctorsWife Not in my league. I see plenty of Surfers. And, of course, Kittys, Polarises, Grockets etc. too but Surfers and Sinister is common too.
    But even that is not much a problem. The Worst for me is Polaris dominanance. She is everywhere. Its not like she is unbeatable but sometimes its a necessity to skip her: like this week. Boosted list is so unlucky for me this week (I have so little options) so when I run put of healthpacks and my besties to deal with her all I can do is skipping or waiting.
    I wish people were using something else more often.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Mr_F said:
    @TheEyeDoctorsWife Not in my league. I see plenty of Surfers. And, of course, Kittys, Polarises, Grockets etc. too but Surfers and Sinister is common too.
    But even that is not much a problem. The Worst for me is Polaris dominanance. She is everywhere. Its not like she is unbeatable but sometimes its a necessity to skip her: like this week. Boosted list is so unlucky for me this week (I have so little options) so when I run put of healthpacks and my besties to deal with her all I can do is skipping or waiting.
    I wish people were using something else more often.
    Agreed , I would love a character quota system , like offensively X amount of uses per day , and defensively a 24 hour use period followed by a 24 hour cool down blocked out period . It would be the best thing for roster diversity the devs could create . 
  • Mr_F
    @TheEyeDoctorsWife You know it would hurt when someone like me is using Juggs/Silk in Sharp Dressed just because its fun and works? And new ones. And small rosters.
    As much as I would like to see something like that it have to be carefully think over hundreds of times.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2021
    Mr_F said:
    @TheEyeDoctorsWife You know it would hurt when someone like me is using Juggs/Silk in Sharp Dressed just because its fun and works? And new ones. And small rosters.
    As much as I would like to see something like that it have to be carefully think over hundreds of times.
    I was using Juggs/Silk in the Doc Oc pvp event and it was actually kinda fun to not use Polaris. And my SIlk isn't champed yet, although she's close. With her heal and his damage reduction, I wasn't using nearly as many health packs, and was able to get to 75 wins for that event.

Oh, and on topic, decided to break my piggy bank and went 0 for 11 in LL and the Shang Chi store. :(
  • Mr_F
    Sometimes the game just does not want ya... to get the reward. I have 49 wins. One more and I will get 350 Throg shards and can champ him.
    No healthpacks. In a hour I have to go to sleep, so et best 2 more health pack. PVP ends for me 2AM. ONE MORE WIN.
    I ended up using those two healthpacks and still loosing ALL of my champion who have invisibility - with exception to Legion who I refuse to use unless featured*. Had to use Deadpool whales in form of team up. So much bad luck when enemies suddenly has cleared my inisibility tiles.

* stated many times here but will do TLDR version here: he is ugly, IMO poorly designed and I dont like him being playable.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    edited September 2021
    My 5* meta team with 250K health was beaten in 6 turns by Polaris, Medusa, and Chavez. I never saw so many cascades , AP gains and critical match 5s consecutively each turn . I was stun locked by turn 4 and every tile was an enemy special.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finding out that the Infinite Power of 5-star Thanos doesn't stop the board rearrangement when Doom casts his Brave New World.  Naturally, the board shift resulted in huge cascades and lots of damage.  Fortunately, Thanos has a very large health pool when boosted and champed.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 5* meta team with 250K health was beaten in 6 turns by Polaris, Medusa, and Chavez. I never saw so many cascades , AP gains and critical match 5s consecutively each turn . I was stun locked by turn 4 and every tile was an enemy special.

Polaris cascades are the stuff of nightmares. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    edited September 2021

Polaris cascades are the stuff of nightmares. 
    It would be appropriate if they added the character Nightmare to be synergistic with her even more than BRB. (If you match or destroy any special tile , gain 2 blue AP) 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    After who knows how many pulls, I finally draw a 5*.

Blue Ronan cover.

Now he's 4/3/12.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    All Caps PvP vs AI Peggy/Polaris/BRB
    AI collects 17 blue AP by turn 3. NONE of their moves were blue matches. All were either part of a cascade or from Bill's protect tile bonus.
    Lost badly.
  • Mr_F
    Borstock said:
    All Caps PvP vs AI Peggy/Polaris/BRB
    AI collects 17 blue AP by turn 3. NONE of their moves were blue matches. All were either part of a cascade or from Bill's protect tile bonus.
    Lost badly.

Certain enemies are flipcoins. I usually skip them to same my sanity.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    LHammer said:
    You know it's true....

To be fair, sometimes they also show up against Mockingbird...
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    LHammer said:
    You know it's true....

To be fair, sometimes they also show up against Mockingbird...
    Or Killmonger...
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    So today in CotT, I fought against Peggy with Legion. Got to 9 black and went invisble. Then Peggy got to 9 blue, stunned me for 3 turns (while I was invisible), and fired her red twice, which almost downed me.
    Isn't Peggy's blue for stunning all enemies except the target enemy (which would be Legion, as he is the only one there)?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    So today in CotT, I fought against Peggy with Legion. Got to 9 black and went invisble. Then Peggy got to 9 blue, stunned me for 3 turns (while I was invisible), and fired her red twice, which almost downed me.
    Isn't Peggy's blue for stunning all enemies except the target enemy (which would be Legion, as he is the only one there)?
    Probably the way is coded is there is no target so the AoE stun trumps. Or something. This will be good to keep in mind the next time I go up against Yellowjacket.