Daredevil217's 5* Character Ranking and Analysis (Updated 2/14/2021)

14567810»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    I don't want to discount Wanda either overall, she is a great character for sure, it's just that her power boost is maybe the 3rd or 4th reason for me to bring her to a fight.
    The thing with Wanda is to play her with Apocalypse -- his yellow boost and her purple seem to work together, and his yellow makes her green hit with much more muscle. On offense they're incredible together, Not so much on defense, though, especially against a mirror team as Apoc's red and black both accumulate charges on 5W's green passive tile (much as iHulk accumulates them).
    I would be surprised if they were stacking - what I found running Apocalypse with Okoye was that whichever was providing the most boost was in effect. So that was typically shared strength until you had enough team up in the bank. Maybe they do stack since Wanda's is doing an additional percentage, but is it to the total, or the base damage?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Yepyep said:
    I don't want to discount Wanda either overall, she is a great character for sure, it's just that her power boost is maybe the 3rd or 4th reason for me to bring her to a fight.
    The thing with Wanda is to play her with Apocalypse -- his yellow boost and her purple seem to work together, and his yellow makes her green hit with much more muscle. On offense they're incredible together, Not so much on defense, though, especially against a mirror team as Apoc's red and black both accumulate charges on 5W's green passive tile (much as iHulk accumulates them).
    I would be surprised if they were stacking - what I found running Apocalypse with Okoye was that whichever was providing the most boost was in effect. So that was typically shared strength until you had enough team up in the bank. Maybe they do stack since Wanda's is doing an additional percentage, but is it to the total, or the base damage?
    I think they stack because the damage she deals from her green grows with the accumulation of AP in the color targeted by her purple, even when his yellow has deployed, so that the damage can become pretty epic. As for the method of stacking, I have no idea. I'm inclined to think it's to her base green damage, then his yellow is tacked on top of that afterwards, given the parsimonious nature of this game's reward structure. That said, the wording of her purple implies that it will augment his extra damage, too: "Friendly powers deal 5% extra damage for each AP you have in this power's color." So 🤷‍♂️ 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    Yepyep said:
    I think they stack because the damage she deals from her green grows with the accumulation of AP in the color targeted by her purple, even when his yellow has deployed, so that the damage can become pretty epic. As for the method of stacking, I have no idea. I'm inclined to think it's to her base green damage, then his yellow is tacked on top of that afterwards, given the parsimonious nature of this game's reward structure. That said, the wording of her purple implies that it will augment his extra damage, too: "Friendly powers deal 5% extra damage for each AP you have in this power's color." So 🤷‍♂️ 
    According to the comments her release thread the % (Wanda) and additive (Okoye and Apocalypse) are calculated separately and so stack. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Finally went ahead and updated my guide! Dropping the link to my new thread here.  Closing this one up!  Thanks for all the love and support!

Edit: Actually, is it possible to close my own thread??
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,908 Chairperson of the Boards
    ***Mod note: Closed thread per OP request.
This discussion has been closed.