SCL10

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    I’m glad the spreadsheets are pretty accurate.  Slice 1 and Slice 5 flipped 2-3 times so I probably should have waited until Slice 3 or 4 for its flip. Next time. I can’t manage full clears yet anyways so don’t need to worry about maximizing points. Hothie and my alliance has sunk from top-50 in PvE anyways. 

Wakanda is kicking my tinykitty. The last normal node with Goblin, the Sentry Fighter, and random mook kills off BRB in two turns lol. I can see why they didn’t give Ultron that ability as it would have been too random and too op. I should make progression though so not too worried about the health packs gone.
  • Sekilicious
    edited October 2021
    Srheer0 said:
    Tried the 5e (Ultron/Daken/Sentry) in Wakanda with Shang-Chi (lvl255 3/0/3), Riri (216, 3/5/5), and Icem4n (211 5/5/3). The first time the winfinite got rolling early so had no trouble. The second time poor Shang died horribly to Daken lucking into blue and spamming it relentlessly. If I could champ and respec the 4*s (damn the iso deficit to tinykitty) this might be a pretty fun alternative to the Medusa/Magneto winfinite that doesn't always seem to get going. 

mmmm, I wonder what this team would look like with Valkyrie in place of Iceman... Stay tuned. 
    Ok, update. Because my Valkyrie and Chavez are champed I tried them in place of Riri and Bobby. Shang-Chi does all the heavy lifting but this is pretty fun as well. Maybe weak to a bad board. The numerous strike tiles that get placed limit the effectiveness as well. 

Hmmmmm, Riri and Vulture might be fun and effective. God I love Shang-Chi.
    Ok, Riri and Vulture did fine. I love Vulture but black does not seem to like to drop for him and I hated making black matches when I needed to keep the combos going. So I also tried Nightcrawler (lvl215 5/3/5) and Riri. It took a while to get going but once I got the enough pink on the board and the Bamf! Winfinite going it ended the match very quickly. I might switch Riri with Switch (heh) but her blue came in handy as a back up on a blue heavy board.

This team might be the winner but I will try it a few more times to see how easy it is to get to winfinite.
    @Sekilicious
    While it might not be winfinite per se. I think Wanda and IMHB is the best with Shangchi.
    Put IMHB as 3 5 5. Wanda as 5 3 5 and my shang was at 5 3 5.  

Go for pink first, take a +2 and a +1 boost if you so wish. Use wandas pink on a red basic tile, then just try and match reds. When you get enough red ap to fire shang's red, either line it up to get good blue and black cascades, or line it up so you can not lose pink and red matches the following turn. Boosted baby champed shang (458 pre boost) gets like 16k red match damage at 10 combo points, it's awesome. But there aren't any enemies I have found in scl9 pve that live beyond 6 combo points yet :(

I did almost all of the current PVE (scl9) with half thor, W5nda and Shangchi. It worked quite well, but was difficult to keep combo points up sometimes. Wanda after halfthor for the passive effects that destroy or change tiles. 
    Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking of 3* Switch rather than the 5* version, though mine is at 3/0/0 so might work in this case. Shang-Chi has been more fun than good this morning. Kingpin, Doc Ock, and Venom like to kill the martial arts master almost every time I lose the winfinite in SCL10. I switched to Kitty and Valkyrie but then it became very difficult to get combo points. Whatever. He really does need Cyclops and maybe 1/2 Thor to reach his potential. 
    So moving this discussion from the fun teams because it is probably less intrusive here. So I did a couple of tests. The first was with 5witch (lvl255 3/0/0) with Nightcrawler and unfortunately it was awful. Maybe if she was champed it would be ok.  So I inserted Hulkbuster (lvl210 4/4/5) and put R4 Wong on HB and R2 Quantum Realm on Nightcrawler (R4 Chimichanga on SC). Rng was on my side because that went great. Got the 8 pink for NC and a pink heavy board and just kept firing Bamf! until everything was dead. The verdict is that SC is awesome, but can fail hard with a bad board. SCL10 is just unforgiving in that regard.  Maybe I will get better at playing with him when I champ him. 
  • Sekilicious
    edited October 2021
    Thankfully I made progression in Wakanda forever. I will likely end in the top 200, so the flip I chose was irrelevant. I will try a different Flip on Strange Sights. Hopefully Kaecilious treats Wolverine and Colossus with compassion and respect. Kitty and Carol's Communicator will probably solve the worst of the Savage Mindless Ones problems that I was facing in Honor Among Thieves. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2021
    Yeah FFW is a hard event; there just aren't many goons in it. The worst one, though, IMO, is Cosmic Chaos. I need to remember NEVER to play that in CL10 again...

Oh yeah, EDITED to add: Shang-Chi is incredible with America Chavez. Especially if you have a 4* Lucky (Pizza Dog) or a 2* Sharon Carter support to put on him. They boost the supported character's critical tile multiplier.
  • Sekilicious
    Sounds good. At the moment I have a 4* Chimichanga on him since that lets him draw more red and purple ap. When I find a 4* Lucky or 2* Sharon Carter I will reconsider of course.
  • Sekilicious
    edited October 2021
    So I was watching the flips from Fight for Wakanda and saw the least active ones were Slices 2 and 3. The most active are 1 and 5. 5 had 3 flips total while 1 had 2.  So I entered Strange Sights late in Slice 3, but will probably regret it a tiny bit since 2 has like 84 players in it. Maybe I can’t play optimally but surely I can get top 100 against 84 people. But no wonder I was in the top 2-300 in Slice 5. Dang Keeners. Luckily no one reads this so it can stay a secret.

Strange Sights is going  relatively easy. Kitty and Carol’s Communicator really soften the impact from the attack tiles of the Savage Mindless Ones. 
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, I almost always go for either slice 2 or 3. They're the ones that work best for me time-wise anyway.

I don't have a 4* Lucky or 2* Sharon Carter, but I do have a 2* Kimoyo Beads, which also works for that.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Sounds good. At the moment I have a 4* Chimichanga on him since that lets him draw more red and purple ap. When I find a 4* Lucky or 2* Sharon Carter I will reconsider of course.
    Yes, I almost always go for either slice 2 or 3. They're the ones that work best for me time-wise anyway.

I don't have a 4* Lucky or 2* Sharon Carter, but I do have a 2* Kimoyo Beads, which also works for that.
    I got lucky (pun intended, I guess) and Lucky was my first 4* support. But I had Sharon Carter first, so I used her all the time. I never noticed that Kimoyo Beads had that power! I think I might have just gotten that from 1* to 3*.

The problem with all of them is that they only work on heroes. So this event, with Killmonger, Electro, and Ronan boosted I don't have anywhere really good to use any of them.

I'm usually in slice 4. It's competitive, for sure, but not as bad as 5. 1 and 2 are out for me, time-wise, but sometimes I'll jump into 3 because of my RL schedule. I like playing in 3.
  • Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    Placed 79th in Strange Sights. I had no trouble with Door 3, Door 1 was ok but Kingpin fed by Maggia jerks resulted in a couple of wipes until BRB /Polaris got some rng in their favor. Door 2 was awful with Sentry Bots. It reminded me of 3* land before I got a counter in Hawkguy. Honor amoung Thieves next, my third time through first time with covered, yet under leveled Kitty.  Should be fun this time. The first slice is supposed to flip a second time right away so I will try that. 

So I updated my pulls per day and since I started playing SCL10 (both PvP and PvE) to progression consistently I’m up to 3.4 LL pulls per day over 13 days. I’m excited to see if that rate holds up over the next couple of months. 
  • Sekilicious
    After doing the 2nd flip on Slice 1 it is confirmed. The flip on Slice 2 is the best because it has the fewest players and Slice 3 and 4 are good as well. I don’t think I will reach top-100 but mostly because I will not be able to maximize the points I get. Kitty is awesome against Mindless Ones though a little rng dependent. 
  • Sekilicious
    It’s funny. I remember Infinite Pursuit as being easy, but the looking back at my notes it was because Polaris was boosted. I had trouble with the Pick-2 nodes, especially getting anything at all from the 5e (Hawkeye). Electra was a pain with Shadow Step, as were Fatpin and GE Doom. Boosted Hydra Stomper was awesome getting through the 4e though. He tanked blue so fed Polaris stuns and Kitty boosted to infinity. Progression was not a problem but I will probably fall just outside the top-100. I tried entering Slice 2 but it flipped late and just after I went to work. So I entered Slice 3 instead and it was pretty active this time around with almost 500 players. Unstable ISO-8 is next. I will check Slice 2 when I normally play but will probably just wait for Slice 4 after work.
  • Sekilicious
    Curse you D3 for putting Shang-Chi shards as a reward in the Simulator!!! Curse you all!! Maybe no one in my alliance will notice if I struggle to make progression. 
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Curse you D3 for putting Shang-Chi shards as a reward in the Simulator!!! Curse you all!! Maybe no one in my alliance will notice if I struggle to make progression. 
    Just what I was thinking too. Particularly annoying as the last time he was featured was when they were giving out Gamora shards. And I just need ~250 more shards to finally be able to get that blue cover.
  • Sekilicious
    Yeah I thought the same when Gamora was released. I managed to get enough shards to finally unlock his purple ability so that should help quite a bit.  

• Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    Got top 100 in the flip for Slice 2 in Unstable ISO-8. Day 3 is dead easy. I’ve started using BRB in every node because of his amazing synergy with Polaris and Kitty. Luckily Polaris makes strikes to ease the pain of not using Grocket and by the time I have 7 blue ap BRB’s protects are massive. Kitty is lvl 330 5/5/3, BRB 320 4/3/3, Polaris 287 4/5/4. I have R3 Carol’s Communicator on BRB, R3 Avenger’s Tower on Kitty, and R3 Royal Talon Fighter on Polaris though sometimes switch it around.
  • Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    Day 1 of the Simulator went pretty well, playing the flip on Slice 2. More people seem to be playing this time since SC is the 5* reward. Kitty, Polaris and BRB were the usual MVP, though Shang-Chi, Hulkbuster, and Lokigator did good work as well. Used the Juggernaut winfinite against BW, Legion, and Shuri after Legion killed BRB in two consecutive matches. Got 4 clears on all except the 4e Blob against Medusa, Super Skrull, and Nova. The first two clears were awful using Polaris and Grocket. And I didn’t want to use Apocalypse and Carnage against Medusa. I also avoided the challenge node. Hopefully the next couple days go as well as today.

For boosted SC if the winfinite comes using his Purple on charged nodes you can easily kill off the other team before getting to use his true heal. Just something to keep in mind. 
  • Sekilicious
    So I pulled 89 LL tokens for Odin and ended with Shang-Chi at 5/3/4. I leveled him to 330 before I ran out of ISO. I have 50 pulls from cp to finish him, which I will do once Gamora enters LL I think. I would probably try to finish Odin if I had more pulls or he was closer than 7 covers but I’m pretty stoked about SC about to be champed. I think having him champed will open up SCL10 quite a bit. I might even to be able to get full points consistently. 

So, since this thread was about playing at SCL10 with a 4* roster I might retire from updating it after he is champed. Or I can use it as a progress diary of sorts. I will think about it a bit I guess. 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Well done mate
    It's been great to watch your progress. 
    Sc will definitely make it easier for u in scl10 and may probably save on packs too
  • Sekilicious
    So I got Rank 69 in the Simulator. I can retire now because I will never get a more perfect score. JK. That was in Slice 2. I plan on entering Venom Bomb in Slice 4 later today because it fits my schedule a bit better. 

My alliance has dropped from top-50 to barely making top-100 lately. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but if they stop making the top-100 I might drop them. They have been pretty good for me so hopefully the players who aren't making progression start to get more engaged. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I’m glad the spreadsheets are pretty accurate.  Slice 1 and Slice 5 flipped 2-3 times so I probably should have waited until Slice 3 or 4 for its flip. Next time. I can’t manage full clears yet anyways so don’t need to worry about maximizing points. Hothie and my alliance has sunk from top-50 in PvE anyways. 

Wakanda is kicking my tinykitty. The last normal node with Goblin, the Sentry Fighter, and random mook kills off BRB in two turns lol. I can see why they didn’t give Ultron that ability as it would have been too random and too op. I should make progression though so not too worried about the health packs gone.
    I am an admin for "the spreadsheet" as well as the many LINE rooms Jimsta is referring to. If you need to know ANYTHING about catching bracket flips (how many times each flips, when they usually flip, etc.) I'd be glad to help.
    Also, we recently launched a feature on the unofficial MPQ Discord channel that automatically notifies you of bracket flips. All you do is select the bracket(s) you want to watch and you will get an active ping on your device when that bracket flips. No more spreadsheet watching or hoping a LINE admin tags you in a timely manner.