Marvel Puzzle Quest R239 Release Notes (10/25/21)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone -

Here are the R239 Release Notes.

“Uni-sol...”

• Strike fear into the enemy with Gamora (Deadliest Woman) in select events, ending soon!
  • Fight your way to the top in the Time Stone Season, now live!
  • Don’t miss the latest Puzzle Ops ending October 28th!
  • Halloween is right around the corner, don’t forget to check back for new events and offers!

Additional Details

• Quick Claim functionality has been updated.
    • 1x Heroic and Latest Legends tokens now have a Quick Claim option.
    • All Quick Claim buttons now appear above the pack instead of to the side.
    • A confirmation pop-up appears when selecting Quick Claim.
  • When filtering characters in team selection, a message now displays if none of your characters match that filter.

Thanks for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder how it will look like. A quick claim for LT looks dangerous.  :D I don't think those confirmation popups would help though, seeing how players are still clicking wrongly in places like vaults.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    I wonder how it will look like. A quick claim for LT looks dangerous.  :D I don't think those confirmation popups would help though, seeing how players are still clicking wrongly in places like vaults.

With the "Quick Claim" button on top of the "Get Covers!" button there shouldn't be a problem with muscle memory accidentally selecting the "Quick Claim" (unless you do a lot of quick claims). The confirmation for the Quick Claim should also make it highly unlikely that you accidentally claim the tokens.
    A Quick Claim on LT can still be dangerous though. :)
  • HoundofShadow
    I just updated the app and I saw the change for LTs. It's a quick claim of 50 LTs per use. I thought it would be for the entire hoard. I don't hoard Heroics, so I don't know how it looks like.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor

“Uni-sol...”

While it's surely not the answer to that clue, I've always wanted to see Captain Universe added to the game as MPQ's first "character" that was equippable on others -- much like the "Uni-force" itself, and its ability to turn any individual into Captain Universe, amplifying their abilities to cosmic proportions.

"Captain Universe" -- the MPQ rosterable character -- could be a version of the uni-force without any rank, but still with three abilities / speccable to 13 covers max. When applied to any character (of any rank), it could augment all three of their powers to do something-extra [TBD] when each active or passive fires, and of course augment their art to be Uni-styled. There'd probably have to be a limit of one swap per day on the Uni-force to keep it from getting swapped around as-needed.

This would require an astronomical amount of playtesting and new art, and will absolutely never-happen in this manner -- but a player can dream, can't they?  :D  

Captain Universe Power Unimaginable TPB  Mantlo Bill Conway Gerry  Isabella Tony Slott Dan Fein Eric Ditko Steve Leonardi Rick  Brigman June Wiley Bill Errar Neil Amazonca Books
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2021
    I just updated the app and I saw the change for LTs. It's a quick claim of 50 LTs per use. I thought it would be for the entire hoard. I don't hoard Heroics, so I don't know how it looks like.

All the Quick Claim buttons are the number of saved token up to 50. If you have more than 50 you can only claim 50 at a time (until your tokens are under 50 obviously).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

“Uni-sol...”

While it's surely not the answer to that clue, I've always wanted to see Captain Universe added to the game as MPQ's first "character" that was equippable on others -- much like the "Uni-force" itself, and its ability to turn any individual into Captain Universe, amplifying their abilities to cosmic proportions.

"Captain Universe" -- the MPQ rosterable character -- could be a version of the uni-force without any rank, but still with three abilities / speccable to 13 covers max. When applied to any character (of any rank), it could augment all three of their powers to do something-extra [TBD] when each active or passive fires, and of course augment their art to be Uni-styled. There'd probably have to be a limit of one swap per day on the Uni-force to keep it from getting swapped around as-needed.

This would require an astronomical amount of playtesting and new art, and will absolutely never-happen in this manner -- but a player can dream, can't they?  :D  

Captain Universe Power Unimaginable TPB  Mantlo Bill Conway Gerry  Isabella Tony Slott Dan Fein Eric Ditko Steve Leonardi Rick  Brigman June Wiley Bill Errar Neil Amazonca Books
    I always thought that was a cool costume; one of the few issues of What If !? I had was "What if....Spider-Man had kept his cosmic powers?" I don't recally anything about the issue save that the costume was rad.

• HoundofShadow
    I hoard only LTs and certain vault tokens, so that's something new to me.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like having a quick claim button for Heroics - sadly don't currently need one for LT's! :D
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor

“Uni-sol...”

Seeing it phrased like this made me realize that Captain Universe would've been perfect as a support.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like a quick claim on savoury/sweet vault tokens, I just hoard until I hit 300 and then clear the vault out. Takes forever
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like a quick claim on savoury/sweet vault tokens, I just hoard until I hit 300 and then clear the vault out. Takes forever
    For vaults, I'd like the option to pick a reward and open tokens until I get that one.  For example, picking the 4* cover in the spicy taco vault to open tokens until I get that one, then stopping.
    Agreed, would be great for spicy taco 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I greatly appreciate the quick claim on the heroics.
    I get that it has a confirm but the quick claim on LLs seems dangerous lol That is where I do want to pull them one at a time.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    The yes/no buttons are also reversed from a normal confirm dialogue though, so using your muscle memory should give you an accidental cancel rather than an accidental confirm.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Bzhai said:
    All I want for Christmas is for the inventory limit of boosts to be removed.

That would be incredible. I don't know how many spicy tacos I have wasted by going beyond the (30) limit of whatever boost it has given me.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Srheer0 said:
    Bzhai said:
    All I want for Christmas is for the inventory limit of boosts to be removed.

That would be incredible. I don't know how many spicy tacos I have wasted by going beyond the (30) limit of whatever boost it has given me.
    Same. I go through a cycle of hoarding and burning through those premium boosts. It would be nice to have a nice stash ready for the more difficult events such as Cosmic Chaos and Simulator without resorting to spending tokens/gold. 

And before anyone mentions it, yea i know it would not be an ideal change for the devs cause they wants us to open our wallets. But just for fun, let's pretend we live in an ideal world.