The Harvesttide

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2021 in Event Details

“When Tovolar’s howl sounded from the woods, it was answered from the heart of the festival.”       

Event Type: PvP, Coalition

No Entrance Fee

Deck Restrictions: Standard

Rewards: Progression, Rank 

Number of nodes: 2, each with different event support spawned for the player;

All Planeswalkers’ colors are allowed

Initial Charges: 1 | Max Charges: 4

Recharge Time: 8h

Event Duration: 46h

With longer nights, werewolves’ destructive potential is raised - and Tovolar knows that. His pack aims at the heart of the Harvesttide, where a rising from former cultures try to restore the Celestus and, along with it, the day and night balance.

SPECIAL RULES

With longer nights, werewolves’ destructive potential is raised - and Tovolar knows that. His pack aims at the heart of the Harvesttide, where a rising from former cultures try to restore the Celestus and, along with it, the day and night balance.

Each node features a different event support spawned for the player. 
Each node features a different event support that will affect the player. The supports are:

• Lycan Rage (top node)

• Dawnhart Coven (bottom node)

Lycan Rage (Red, Green)

Support Card - Enchantment (4) Token, Dayshift

Dayshift - If it's Night Wolf and Werewolf Creature you control gain Double Strike and Trample until end of turn.
Activate 5 Red: Choose target creature. If that is a Wolf or Werewolf creature — It gets +1/+1. Otherwise: It gains the Werewolf subtype.

Dawnhart Coven (White, Green)

Support Card - Enchantment (4) Token

When a creature enters the battlefield under your control: The first creature card in your hand with a lesser base power gains 3 mana.
At the beginning of the combat in your turn: Coven - Reinforce target creature you control. Creatures you control gain Lifelink until end of turn.

OBJECTIVES

Lycan Rage (top node)

• Win the Fight!

• Win the fight against your opponent!

• Reward: 200 Mana Runes, +5 Score.

• Dawnbringer

• Shift between day and night 5 or more times during a single fight.

• Reward: +3 Score.

• Transform

• Cast 5 or more cards with Transform during a single fight.

• Reward: +2 Score.

Dawnhart Coven (bottom node)

• Win the Fight!

• Win the fight against your opponent!

• Reward: 200 Mana Runes, +5 Score.

•  Witchcraft

• Summon Win a fight with a deck that has no creatures with the same power.

• Reward: +3 Score.

• Protector

•  Lose 5 or less creatures during a single fight

• Reward: +2 Score

REWARDS

----------

Post your strategies for this event below!

Comments

• spellsmasher
    spellsmasher Posts: 55 Match Maker
    @Oktagon_Support I think the progression rewards are incorrect for this event. Though I would like to see an event whose first tier gives 1000 crystals, I think this chart is incorrect. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Hello guys,
    Thanks for letting me know about this, I'll fix it!
    I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Rebeca
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    @Oktagon_Support I fear we may run into problems with some day/night cards when destroyed crashing the game.  ludevic is one others are being found
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    @Oktagon_Support if I make a deck  list with 0 creatures will I still get the witchcraft objective? (Technically there is no creatures with the same power) Bowever, idk  how the game will "check off" the objective,  do i need at least 1 creature for it to check.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    @Oktagon_Support: Both Julie's and Tezzeret's remarks are very important for next weekend's event. Can you please give your view on these points? Issues with some of the day / night cards are already known and now you ask players to use them. Team events are very important. Crashes are not tolerable during those events (or at all, for that matter). And it would be nice to know if the Witchcraft objective is fulfilled with 0 or 1 creature in your deck. Thanks!
  • JinQuiet
    JinQuiet Posts: 71 Match Maker
    edited October 2021
    Ambitious farmhand with it's flip side Sesoned Cathar is another card that causes hard lock, requiring the game restart.

All details are in this topic.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/85891/mid-hard-lock-on-a-transformed-card-the-harvesttide-might-be-unplayable#latest
    edited October 2021
    Hey guys,
    About the reports from @Julie71 and @JinQuiet, I've already forwarded them to the team and they're investigating. I also asked the team about @Tezzeret doubt, it is possible to complete the objective without any creatures.

Rebeca
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    @Oktagon_Support: I suppose the Protector objective on the bottom node will award 2 points, not 3?
    Hi @Machine, yes, thanks for letting me know! I've corrected the post, thanks 😅
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    @Oktagon_Support Could you please let us know if the rewards that the game is displaying in game are correct? We are seeing the old rewards previous to the correction you made on this post where we can obtain thousands of mana crystals. I wouldn't mind earning those rewards. But I do want to be clear if this is as intended or just a visual glitch.