Pull or wait

Helinutz
Helinutz Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
So….I really rate Shang Chi and def plan on champing him
Currently he’s 1/2/2. Electro is 1/1/2, Odin is 0/0/1 and Ultron is 0/0/1.
Pretty certain I have enough pulls ( about 250 pulls) to champ CS and I have 700 shards ready to cash in and would fave him during the pulls.
Who would you include in the pulls and why.
1. Odin and Electro
2. Odin and Ultron 
3. Ultron and AN Other

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait till we see the 'Other' character who is coming next. We should get that info just before Electro leaves latest so then you'll know exactly which group of 3 you want to target.
    KGB
  • Helinutz
    yeah, that's not a bad call KGB, however I just wish Utron was better as he will be the other one in the vault.
    Out of the current (Odin, Electro and Ultron) who do you think has the most potential.
    For reference I have all the recognised Meta 5 stars championed although non higher than 463
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2021
    Electro counters AOE's like Juggernaut but now her yellow is partly neutralized by Blob. But the niche utility is there, at least. With a single cover in her yellow skill she can convert Jugg's AOE attacks into yellow AP. So you should use her with someone who can use the yellow AP generation... Kitty? Apoc?

Not sure about Odin or Ultron. Odin can fortify a bunch of tiles in a hurry... can also give extra levels to abilities you don't have maxed out in your team (can even unlock abilities you don't have unlocked, as well)... not sure who can go well with him. Misty perhaps?

And Ultron seems just... whatever.

For me personally Electro is the best of the three.
  • Helinutz
    Thanks Daniel. That was pretty much my take on it, but when it comes to breaking a hoard, its always worth getting other views. Think Im going to go with the current 3 and hopefully get all of them champed (Only got 250 pulls, but with 11 covers already and a large sacrifice to the RNG gods I may just do it :smiley:
  • Helinutz
    edited October 2021
    So now we know AN Other is Gamora, I’m torn.
    really not impressed with Ultron, but like the look of Gamora, which means my hoard break might be Shang Chi, Ultron and Gamora On 15th Nov.
    so final vote
    1. Shang Chi, Electro, Odin……or 
    2. Shang Chi Ultron, Gamora
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m personally going to hoard until Shang-Chi is ready to rotate and unload to get him as many covers as possible. As a 4* player Ultron is ok to good (he has some synergy with a 4* roster) while Gamora is fine. 
  • Helinutz
    And even after her introducing and using her a bit in her PVP, I’m unsure if Gamora is better or worse than Odin.
    im def still breaking the hoard for Shang chi, I’m just really torn on when to do it (Either way I will probably champ Ultron at the same time, but doubt he will see much game time except when boosted) 
    Please, someone, convince me one way or the other 😀

• Sekilicious
    edited October 2021
    Well. When Gamora enters you will have a lot more pulls. Frankly, if you pull strictly from LL you can baby champ the 4 characters that are projected to be there until Shang-Chi leaves. Maybe not quite Gamora. But if you are not playing PvE in SCL10 you could do worse than Odin tanking for Shang-Chi in Pick-2 and Riri feeding red in Pick-3.
  • Helinutz
    I am scl 10, and also have all the main meta 5* characters champed. I know Shang Chi has the potential to be top tier if not Meta. i’m struggling with the choice of who to pull when I splurge my LT’s on the vault. I know one of them has to be Dultron ☹️, but it would be nice if the other turned out to be useful or at least better than the alternative 😂
  • Sekilicious
    It is hard to say how useful Gamora will turn out to be but she targets an existing problem in the meta. There is still the chance she turns out to be an answer to the Colossus/Wanda meta even if she isn’t particularly meta herself. Maybe she will help Shang-Chi kill them faster.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Odin is fun, but if I really had to choose, I'd go for Gamora. She hits much harder than Odin, is less reliant on luck and other circumstances, and she makes an amazing pair with Wanda in pick-2 PVP (obviously Apocalypse and Colossus are still better, but we make do). And yes, her Yellow will come in handy against Wanda, Colossus, Bill, Kitty et al. She could form a fun trio with Iceman and Daredevil. Odin's jump-in-front can be useful for challenge nodes, but if you have the meta 5* you wouldn't be using him anyway.
  • Helinutz
    Decided. Pull when Odin leaves. Let’s hope the RNG gods are in a good mood and I get to champ both Shang chi and Gamora, but with my luck all the covers will probably be Ultron 😂😂
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Helinutz said:
    Decided. Pull when Odin leaves. Let’s hope the RNG gods are in a good mood and I get to champ both Shang chi and Gamora, but with my luck all the covers will probably be Ultron 😂😂
    Shang chi is really fun. I've done regularly 50k+ with his pink when putting the crit tile next to pink or red tiles when he's at 3+ combo points. 

Make sure to favourite him if you think rng is against you. 167 pulls is about 1 cover getting 3 shards per pull. 
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    I'm still only barely into five star land, but pulled Odin and SC in the hopes that Odin will make my undercovered 5 stars usable while I chase their covers.  Apoc, IH and Wanda are all horribly undercovered and Colossus is at 8 so he is mildly undercovered. 
  • Helinutz
    So busted the hoard and got all 3 champed with 25 LT's to spare which was a real bonus (didn't have to dip into my CP hoard)
    most covers were for Ultron which was expected but not really ideal. Been using Shang Chi since then and he's definitely put the puzzle element back into the game. Now have 44 champed 5 star characters with ranges from 450 to 468.
    Back to hoarding for me :smiley: