SCL10

Comments

• trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 54 Match Maker
    The two day nodes will help with that if you are playing progression only, remember to let them recharge a full day whenever possible. I always think of Deadpool vs as not so hard, but it is a bunch of tile movers, just take it slow.

This week's boasted will help for sure. 
  • trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I was very pleased with her, Polaris and Grocket for the first challenge node of Webbed Wonder. I managed to get through all 4 clears with them and I don't think I even needed to use any boosts.
    It is important to give kitty a useful support, something that gives fortification or protect tiles are best. Don't forget those as they really help her
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    So the next is Deadpool vs. MPQ. With Kitty and Polaris boosted I decided to try it. I expect to eat a bunch of health packs lol.
    As expected, DP v. MPQ was pretty easy given the boosts, though I had more problems in all the usual places (5e and Challenge).  I didn’t even use many health packs for nodes. I kept Carol’s Communicator on Kitty for the most part. I paired the dynamic duo with Grocket for the first three clears and BRB for the last two. It is hard to know what would have needed if Polaris and Kitty had not been boosted.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I've often thought about keeping a play diary as well, more for myself than for others.

I'm still a few months away from being able to attempt SCL10 (although Kitty is 1/0/1, and I don't yet have BRB, so will be trying to get him before then. I just need more Throg covers for rewards. :) ) So I'll be watching to see what you face and how you are able to handle it.

Great work so far! :)
  • Sekilicious
    hothie said:
    I've often thought about keeping a play diary as well, more for myself than for others.

I'm still a few months away from being able to attempt SCL10 (although Kitty is 1/0/1, and I don't yet have BRB, so will be trying to get him before then. I just need more Throg covers for rewards. :) ) So I'll be watching to see what you face and how you are able to handle it.

Great work so far! :)
    Yeah, I highly recommend BRB. I don’t think I would make it through the hardest nodes without him.  With Kitty and Carol’s Communicator I think I can handle 5 clears on most nodes. The essential nodes where I can’t choose the three characters are the ones I have most trouble with. And the challenge nodes. God they can be awful lol.
  • Sekilicious
    Only got top 300 (208) in DPvMPQ because of difficulty with the challenge and 5e nodes so I missed out on an extra 50 Kate Pride shards. I’m not too worried.
    Started Meet Rocket and Groot. It is pretty easy as there are not a lot of tile movers, though I definitely miss Kitty and Polaris being boosted. 1* Juggernaut, boosted to lvl510 after the third clear, has 132k health and is flanked by 90k Maggia Muscle. Juggernaut got an Unstoppable Crash off but it was too late by that time and only fed BRB’s green and Polaris’s stun. Kitty died once to The Hood shooting her with his twin pistols. BRB and Polaris avenged her and I stopped being complacent about stunning him first.  

In the Challenge node, Fatpin killed BRB in the first clear with a critical causing cascade. It was annoying so might go back later.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Even the first clear of this challenge node is tough. Some of their attacks do enough damage to one shot my characters. In the end I resorted to Yellowjacket. A slow slog, but gets the job done. Don't think I'll bother with a 2nd clear of that.

I finally decided to just favourite BRB. Up until now I've just favourited 5* characters that I already have a cover for, but given how useful BRB seems to be, I figured it was about time I got started on him. Just 4 more 5* covers and I get a 600 shard reward so that'll help a lot. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll turn up in a Christmas store.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Only got top 300 (208) in DPvMPQ because of difficulty with the challenge and 5e nodes so I missed out on an extra 50 Kate Pride shards. I’m not too worried.
    Started Meet Rocket and Groot. It is pretty easy as there are not a lot of tile movers, though I definitely miss Kitty and Polaris being boosted. 1* Juggernaut, boosted to lvl510 after the third clear, has 132k health and is flanked by 90k Maggia Muscle. Juggernaut got an Unstoppable Crash off but it was too late by that time and only fed BRB’s green and Polaris’s stun. Kitty died once to The Hood shooting her with his twin pistols. BRB and Polaris avenged her and I stopped being complacent about stunning him first.  

In the Challenge node, Fatpin killed BRB in the first clear with a critical causing cascade. It was annoying so might go back later.
    What slice do you play in?
    Sometimes it's best to wait for a flip, your end ranking can improve dramatically just by doing so
  • Sekilicious

What slice do you play in?
    Sometimes it's best to wait for a flip, your end ranking can improve dramatically just by doing so
    Slice 5. I keep forgetting about the flips. I really need to learn to ignore the first until much later. Or watch the spreadsheet 
  • Sekilicious
    I’m going to try Fight for Wakanda without any meaningfully boosted characters. Should be fun but I expect to lean on Kitty, BRB, and Polaris a lot.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    It's never a good idea to play in the 1st, it's mainly made up of players trying to get t10 scores. 
    5 flips enough times that you can get enough points in 1st and possibly 2nd flip to make progression and get a decent ranking. 
  • Sekilicious
    edited October 2021
    It's never a good idea to play in the 1st, it's mainly made up of players trying to get t10 scores. 
    5 flips enough times that you can get enough points in 1st and possibly 2nd flip to make progression and get a decent ranking. 
    Yeah, I play Slice 5 because it and Slice 1 are the only times that comes close to me being able to play optimally. Unless I wanted to play during work or set an alarm in the middle of the night. Frankly even Slice 5 is bad, but I only ever play for progression anymore. I have never done better than top 200 in Slice 5 in SCL10. I will try entering Fight for Wakanda until tomorrow to see if it goes. 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    I normally go in 1,i think 1 and 4 are possibly the most popular ones. 
    I used to go at the start because I felt that I needed to get as much points as possible for my alliance and scll10 was still quite new to me. 
    I wasn't sure if I would even get progression. 
    I would often get t150-200 but I could see there were plenty of points to be had for progression and for the alliance.
    So decided to try the flip. 
    Same effort got me t50 and t50 subs. 
    It's a massive difference and over time will greatly improve your roster. 
    S1 flips quite a few times too,i1st flip is normally within a couple of hours. Ifyou ever need help with flips I'm on line edvader 
  • Sekilicious
    edited October 2021
    I used to go at the start because I felt that I needed to get as much points as possible for my alliance and scll10 was still quite new to me. 
    I would often get t150-200 but I could see there were plenty of points to be had for progression and for the alliance.
    S1 flips quite a few times too,i1st flip is normally within a couple of hours. Ifyou ever need help with flips I'm on line edvader 
    Do you watch the spreadsheet then? Maybe I will bookmark the one @fractalvisions  posted. 

*edit - I saw Slice 1 flipped so entered late. Hopefully it goes well. The first 3 clears were pretty easy with BRB and Kitty doing most of the hard work. As always, Pick-2 was with BRB and Polaris. 
  • hothie
    What does it mean that the slice "flips"? I keep seeing you guys talk about it, and I saw it on the spreadsheet, but don't really understand what it means. Thanks. :)
  • Sekilicious
    edited October 2021
    hothie said:
    What does it mean that the slice "flips"? I keep seeing you guys talk about it, and I saw it on the spreadsheet, but don't really understand what it means. Thanks. :)
    Oh yeah, each slice of each event can only hold 1000 players. When it reaches 1000 a new event for that slice is created (this is the ‘flip’) for new players entering. The newly created event generally has fewer, and potentially less engaged, players so it can be easier to place. The spreadsheet records when each slice event reaches 1000. 
  • hothie
    hothie said:
    Oh yeah, each slice of each event can only hold 1000 players. When it reaches 1000 a new event for that slice is created (this is the ‘flip’) for new players entering. The newly created event generally has fewer, and potentially less engaged, players so it can be easier to place. The spreadsheet records when each slice event reaches 1000. 

Interesting. So it is often better to wait until after it flips to start playing, then? Because I assume we all choose the same start time, but when you get into it is what actually determines who you're up against for placement rewards, then. Ok. Thanks. :)
  • Sekilicious
    hothie said:
    hothie said:

Interesting. So it is often better to wait until after it flips to start playing, then? Because I assume we all choose the same start time, but when you get into it is what actually determines who you're up against for placement rewards, then. Ok. Thanks. :)
    Yeah. The slice 1 I chose normally starts at 5am my time. I entered 3 hours late but it was after the flip so there are currently only 250 players in it. Presumably, if I play optimally I will place better than if I was up against the more hard core players.  We will see. I’m not sure how many players there will end up being, or what the other time slices will be like but it will be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes. 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Do you watch the spreadsheet then? Maybe I will bookmark the one @fractalvisions  posted. 

*edit - I saw Slice 1 flipped so entered late. Hopefully it goes well. The first 3 clears were pretty easy with BRB and Kitty doing most of the hard work. As always, Pick-2 was with BRB and Polaris. 
    No mate I'm in a line room and flips are reported as and when they happen. 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Spreadsheets are pretty accurate though, unless u aiming right at the start of a flip