Pandas of DOOM - Alliance Chat

Comments

• MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    ubergaijin wrote:
    Scored a few more patch covers - so now I'm trying to figure out the next 3* to focus on.

Currently my key team is:
    Punisher 3/5/4 (lvl 128)
    OBW 4/4/5 (lvl 85)
    Thor 5/4/4, Storm 4/5/4 or Wolvie 5/5/3

My current 3*s include:
    IM40 3/3/2 (lvl 77)
    BP 3/1/2 (lvl 53)
    Patch 3/2/2 (lvl 41 - max 64 based on covers)

I have a few others, but none of them have more than 4 covers at this point.

I was thinking Patch, but the problem is the heavy overlap with Punisher on Green/Red. IM40 is the furthest along, but his drain on other AP for Red/Blue is just scary. BP makes the most sense I think, and he can become a decent tank....

If im doing a no holds bard style event I take my patch and punisher & obw. At my current levels patch tanks yellow green and red even though he several levels behind. Obviously you need to get lucky with a few more patch covers for that but it works well in my exp.
  • yes on help with slots - we always need help on slots if we're not capped icon_e_wink.gif

and yeah, my IM is mainly used as a battery unless he can kill someone outright.
  • MaxCavalera
    ubergaijin wrote:
    btw - do we still need help with slots?

We sure could =)

I was considering selling off a 2* to make room for Capt america in stead of increasing my roster to speed up buying the next slot but if they give bullseye a third power I might regret it sometime so i don't like to do that =)
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I'd like to know too, can Patch start being usable at level 77? Mine is 2/4/2 and that's his soft cap (47/77). Should I level him up to Punisher (80/102) and IM40 (77/102) or raise their levels more first, and leave him for later? Punisher started being very reliable and quick against max 85 lvl 2* teams last fearless defenders at ~74 level or so together with IM40 and OBW. If Patch is similarly strong at that level I'd really like to finally see how he plays and add him to the mix.
  • MaxCavalera
    77 is probably a little low to help out much(unless your desperate for health gen character. Ares, punisher, OBW is a good team you full color and ability coverage.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heads up, Sim 04 is... so frustrating, don't even bother, that 1000 ISO is not worth the aggravation icon_mad.gif

Modern Storm, Daken, Devil Dino...
  • MaxCavalera
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Heads up, Sim 04 is... so frustrating, don't even bother, that 1000 ISO is not worth the aggravation icon_mad.gif

Modern Storm, Daken, Devil Dino...

I beat it on normal sim level 176... i am literally staring at it on hard mode right now at 230 heh... i am afraid =)
  • Kolence
    Thanks Max, I was considering leveling Patch because of regeneration, but I guess it'll have to wait a little longer. Not enough iso for all the way up anyway.

I beat Devil Dino with 5 AP blue Spidey with MN Magneto and IM40 and boosts. Once you have purple it's pretty much no chance to fail. But it must have been 25 min or more. And a strange thing happened. Had 3 recharge CD tiles on 1 turn left and added Mags' red CD. When it cleared 3x3 it dropped the topmost yellow CD some rows and that was the only one that activated. The other 2 had to wait for IM to un-stun himself. icon_eek.gif Nearly cost me all that buffing since it happened near the beginning. Magneto was left with 100 hp. For me that node is 155/200 btw.

What are the enemies on nodes 6 and 7? The Hulk is blocking my view and I'd like to know is it worth trying to pass him by? Node 6 had goons and decent points previous rounds at least... As it is now only nodes 8 and 10 are pretty sure wins for me, since one is in desert and the other allows Thor + Storm + GSBW.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Node 6: Bagman, Grenadier, Brawler
    Node 7: Daredevil, Analyst, Venom

Not really challenging, just be wary of Daredevil's red.
  • Kolence
    Thanks, sinnerjfl. I meant node 7 when I mentioned goons earlier, but guess I missed right on it. icon_e_smile.gif
    For Daredevil, Daken and Ares come to mind, right? Plus mStorm or OBW maybe.
  • I just applied to the alliance. I am active. Usually top 50 or better in mist tourneys
  • I currently fluctuate rank between 5and 25 in the Steve Rogers campaign. I've accumulated more than 200k points and received the red DD card. I would greatly appreciate being accepted into the alliance
  • Kolence
    This is getting tiresome. I ground two nodes to 1 point this refresh which I don't (need to) do normally. That 8000 iso is the only thing keeping me motivated. And maybe to finish top 50 overall, but it will surely be easier to get Cap's cover from PvP later. Finished round 3 at 149K and with two refreshes to go I'm at 215K so should be reachable.
  • MaxCavalera
    Kolence wrote:
    This is getting tiresome. I ground two nodes to 1 point this refresh which I don't (need to) do normally. That 8000 iso is the only thing keeping me motivated. And maybe to finish top 50 overall, but it will surely be easier to get Cap's cover from PvP later. Finished round 3 at 149K and with two refreshes to go I'm at 215K so should be reachable.

Yeah the 8k will be a nice bonus. I am in a similar boat with the point totals. The hulk was worse maybe i had all the rewards with like 2 days left to go.
  • the point totals are just going up like crazy, i guess it's just the weekend rush. I think i'll get 250k, but not 300... been saving iso too for those bp covers, so here's hoping i can finish in the top 10 this time.
  • MaxCavalera
    UberGaijin opened up our 14 slot so hopefully we can get someone in before these events end, I wanted to keep our PvP streak going the extra 100 hp is nice =)
  • Keep up the good work in unholy outlaw all, we're close to top 50(57 last i looked).

Meanwhile in Sim, working through losses on my roster as both normal and hard groups are ~230s. Can still win using some combination of MN magneto, spiderman, and punisher (or 15 thor) but it's a long match if it's thor.
  • i just got chain farmed by 3 different people in outlaw. went from 650 to 540 in under 5 minutes. my guys are dead and i'm out of packs, so i guess i'll try again later. meanwhile my sims are band capped, but thor's dead right now, soo... i'll get to that when i get a pack up while i wait on hood. really frustrating.
  • Is there anymore room in your alliance? I noticed that you are now 14/14. Please let me know.
  • Guys, I noticed that you have several forums. I am applying to your guild and would like to be accepted. I'm currently ranked 10 in Steve Rogers campaign and should finish top 50 in Outlaw.
    I have level100 punisher. 90 hulk. 85 Thor, Wolvie, Cap, storm. Plus more