Let's talk about Taskmaster

Daniel2121
Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
This guy. He is the only limited character that matters to me. Howard seems somewhat decent too (and that red dino is just garbage...), but for me Tasky is the real deal (helps that he has Quack-Fu as one of his selectable skills).

So what builds are you using in the current Taskmaster PvP event? Or better yet, what are his best builds?

I only have his red and blue at 2 covers each, still no covers whatsoever for his black. Because I'm using Polaris alongside him I've chosen Speed Shot as his blue power, in order to save blue AP for Polaris' stun. For his red, I currently have Grim Efficiency but at just 2 covers it doesn't feel that "efficient". I would use D3adpool's ALOT if not for the fact that GE can create attack tiles. I mentioned I don't have his black power yet but I'm going to leave it at Quack-Fu if I ever unlock it.

There's a small self-synergy he has (mentioned elsewhere) with Oldest Trick + Speed Shot. Not sure how much worth is this one, however.

I saw his thread on release and people then mentioned Grim Efficiency + Billy Club + Moonsilver Blades as his best build, but I'd like to know why. Out of all these abilities only Billy Club seems practical. Moonsilver Blades hits someone at random. Not my choice of target. GE not very efficient as I mentioned before.

For me the "best bang for the buck" abilities seems to be the first ones - ALOT, Billy Club (or Speed Shot if you have a partner that can use blue AP better than Tasky does), and Quack-Fu. ALOT is weaker than D3adpool's version but still a very efficient nuke for just 6 red AP.

Then there are builds for specific purpose: stunning (Do As Peggy Says + Skull Cracker) or board clearing (Twin Pistols, Sniper Rifle).

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The novelty of having a 4* version of Speed Shot has always been too much for me to resist so I always use that. With Moonsilver Blades you trade certainty for high damage but it is not cheap - it can be hit or miss but I like the chances. As I don't use a blue stun I will sometimes use Skullcracker for that or Shadow step for defence purposes. His red power is probably the one with the least standout options - Grim Efficiency improves drastically at 5 covers in terms of the strength of the attack tiles but the damage isn't great.
    I love Taskmaster but sadly this time of the year is the only time he gets any play so probably like myself some players don't tend to really mess around with him too much.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I like taskmaster and I like that the developers managed to put his "power" into the game in a logical way.

Overall, I feel that his AP costs are too expensive. 

From memory, I think I used Luke cages red thing, maybe caps blue and QuakFu during last years pvp. 
  • Daniel2121
    edited October 2021
    DAZ0273 said:
    The novelty of having a 4* version of Speed Shot has always been too much for me to resist so I always use that. With Moonsilver Blades you trade certainty for high damage but it is not cheap - it can be hit or miss but I like the chances. As I don't use a blue stun I will sometimes use Skullcracker for that or Shadow step for defence purposes. His red power is probably the one with the least standout options - Grim Efficiency improves drastically at 5 covers in terms of the strength of the attack tiles but the damage isn't great.
    I love Taskmaster but sadly this time of the year is the only time he gets any play so probably like myself some players don't tend to really mess around with him too much.
    Really? I mean, right, I get he's not gonna be a real meta hero ever, but don't you think there IS some potential in him at least as a "fun to play with" guy with certain teammates? Like, his Speed Shot with Coulson or 5* Hawkeye. Or in a sort of "lesser Charlie's Angels" winfinite with 3* Witch + GSBW/Namor. Or something like that.

Oh yeah, btw thanks for reminding me of Shadow Step, it could be one of those nice "misc utility abilities" to keep in mind. Another one I think it's Star-Spangled Avenger, at 5 covers you can use that to get rid of a big enemy countdown or repeater in a pinch.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    Really? I mean, right, I get he's not gonna be a real meta hero ever, but don't you think there IS some potential in him at least as a "fun to play with" guy with certain teammates? Like, his Speed Shot with Coulson or 5* Hawkeye. Or in a sort of "lesser Charlie's Angels" winfinite with 3* Witch + GSBW/Namor. Or something like that.

Oh yeah, btw thanks for reminding me of Shadow Step, it could be one of those nice "misc utility abilities" to keep in mind. Another one I think it's Star-Spangled Avenger, at 5 covers you can use that to get rid of a big enemy countdown or repeater in a pinch.
    Like I said I love Taskmaster but as a 5* player outside of him being boosted it is difficult to find places to use 4*, especially 4* who have slow growth potential like a limited. I have better winfinite options. Star Spangled Avenger is quite nice at 5 covers champed I must say.
  • Daniel2121
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Like I said I love Taskmaster but as a 5* player outside of him being boosted it is difficult to find places to use 4*, especially 4* who have slow growth potential like a limited. I have better winfinite options. Star Spangled Avenger is quite nice at 5 covers champed I must say.
    Sounds like the 5* land is a scorching hell huh.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Sounds like the 5* land is a scorching hell huh.

Unfortunately outside of a very select elite few (Polaris!) champed 4's just don't have the health or damage to function in 5* land. Even leaving Polaris on defence is basically painting a big target on your team. Blob might sneak into 5* play though.
  • Daniel2121
    edited October 2022
    I finally got my Taskmaster champed (after earning a lot of blue covers for him from Operation Spider Silk, this anniversary was my only hope to earn shards or covers for his other colors lol). I am using A Little Off The Top, Speedshot, Sniper Rifle. 5/3/5 with these skills. 

Red and black are powerful nukes. I noticed his version of ALOTT is better for killing big health targets than D3adpool's one, but less efficient for small health ones.

Speedshot goes to waste since I'm teaming him up with Polaris and her blue is far more important, but sometimes it does get to work. If Speedshot is to be an integral part of his moveset, it needs to have at least 4 levels (for the CD's to be only 2-turns each). I set it at 3 only because for me it isn't, and my teammates for him don't cover red or black so I am giving importance to those skills.