Hautli, Radiant Champion Official Thread

2»

Comments

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    sorry, thats right but for those that dont know the first ability only gets you more loyalty points
  • morgue427
    i like h2 more than vraska personally but still trying to find a set up i like for her in standard h2 i have one but it is a lot like kiora honestly but with dinos , a mythic one helps. Ghalta at that
  • dragonslayer
    dragonslayer Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    This one is awsome, the synergie between her first and third ability, + green converting spells is great
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy her a lot. I'm missing the key Dino mythics, so I built her a nice eternalise deck. She feels powerful without being totally nuts!
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    @Laeuftbeidir can we see your decklist?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    NinjaE said:
    @Laeuftbeidir can we see your decklist?
    Sure that, although I vary it regulary :

creatures:
    Adorned Pouncer
    Honored Hydra
    Quarry Beatle

Spells:
    Hour of Promise
    Harvest Season
    Overcome
    Driven
    Gather the pack

Supports : 
    Sword of the animist
    Scattered Groves

Driven and harvest season are easy to replace, if you have other ways to get your creatures in the graveyard - add them.

For me it's kind of a budget deck, one mythic is next to nothing. Just fun, nice synergies without being over the top.
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby could you please add Huatli Rad Champ to the Planeswalker Index too, thanks :smile:
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    sjechua said:
    Brigby could you please add Huatli Rad Champ to the Planeswalker Index too, thanks :smile:
    Done!
  • Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Currently for Gold:

Creatures-
    Dauntless Bodyguard
    Blood-Cursed Knight
    Honored Hierarch
    Obelisk Spider
    Blessed Spirits

Spells-
    Dissenter's Deliverance(switched out for Invoke the Divine or Demystify for standard)
    Enter the unknown
    Enshrouding Mist

Supports-
    Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Evolutionary Leap

Beside the support removal, I usually switch out Evolutionary Leap and Blessed Spirits for a Trapjaw Tyrant+Saving Grace combo.
    I find Enter to be a better buffer and possible mana ramp than Path. Plus it gives better damage to Obelisk.

• Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2018
    I messed up and forgot to remove Rupture Spire and it leveled me up to Platinum...

At least I can use all the mythics and rares I've been avoiding to not level up to p2w territory.

My plat deck:
    Creatures:
    Danitha Capashen, Paragon
    Kwende, Pride of Femeref
    Traxos, Scourge of Kroog
    Spells:
    Invoke the Divine
    Animist's Awakening
    Gather the Pack
    Primevals' Glorious Rebirth
    Supports:
    Seal Away
    Azor's Gateway
    On Serra's Wings.

Basically, it revolves around Primevals' Glorious Rebirth. With mana generation from the life-gains.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    I messed up and forgot to remove Rupture Spire and it leveled me up to Platinum...

At least I can use all the mythics and rares I've been avoiding to not level up to p2w territory.

My plat deck:
    Creatures:
    Danitha Capashen, Paragon
    Kwende, Pride of Femeref
    Traxos, Scourge of Kroog
    Spells:
    Invoke the Divine
    Animist's Awakening
    Gather the Pack
    Primevals' Glorious Rebirth
    Supports:
    Seal Away
    Azor's Gateway
    On Serra's Wings.

Basically, it revolves around Primevals' Glorious Rebirth. With mana generation from the life-gains.

So.. You were sandbagging in golf for over a year? That likely makes you one of the reasons why other players fear leveling to platinum.. And don't worry, it's not really p2w here either, you just have a stronger competition for the top spots. Plat is totally overcrowded anyway - with the better rewards, you likely did yourself a favor. 
    Your deck looks solid, if you have it, I'd suggest adding growing rites!
  • morgue427
    platnium is not the end all fear yes it gets worse but the rewards will make you forget it, you will loose battle to people that have more cards but you can get more in return. with the new daily mini event a free duplicate mythic will have you crafting mythics with in a week(unless you want newer sets)

• morgue427
    anyone finding a lot more use for huatli this block? from release i lucked out and got march of the multitudes and with his abilities they work well.
    my deck so far that wins most times has evolved in to this
    Ghalta primal hunger (mythic creature)
    thunderherd migration (common spell)
    Growing rites of itlimoc (mythic support)
    march of the multitudes (mythic spell)
     isolate (mythic spell)
    Chord of calling (mythic spell)
    emmara soul of accord (mythic creature)
    blessed light (common spell)
    path of discovery (uncommon support)
    commune with dinosaurs (rare spell)
     yes mythic heavy but if it gets up and going adding several 12+ creatures a turn, get the first ability running with path out then a full march of the multitudes and from there ever turn is a final ability use and watch the ai weep lol.
    biggiest problems are flyer decks and the horrid kill decks where you cant get multiple creatures out in a turn. over all win far more than the couple i have lost he has become my new go to
  • Barthorondor
    Barthorondor Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2018
    Here's my deck for Huatli2.
    In the begining only common/uncommon (wanted to make it work that way).
    Added Crown of convergence because I got lucky, but it worked fine anyways.

Creatures:
    Haazda marshal

Spells:
    Saproling migration
    Spore swarm
    Swore companions
    Justice strike
    Invoke the divine

Support:
    Path of Discovery
    Valor in Akros
    Conclave Tribunal
    Crown of convergence (formerly Fungal plots)
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2019
    Here is my legacy deck.

Creatures
    Trostani Discordant
    Emmara, Soul of the Accord

Spells
    Hour of Promise
    March of the Multitudes
    Justice Strike
    Chord of Calling
    Forsake the Worldly

Enchantments
    Sandwurm Convergence
    Path of Discovery
    Hixus, Prison Warden

Deck can be easily switched to standard.  
  • morgue427
    path of discovery just seems to make every match it comes out in take sooo much longer, works awesome but not worth the extra time, again my opinion though
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Just when you thought I was done with really MEAN decks for this walker, I just got another one firing - and this one doesn't require any masterpieces (or creature tokens!)  Let's just say... you will be looking at "abusing" the defender and vigilance keywords like never before!

Creatures (3):

Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
    Sisters of Stone Death (just why is this card still "Exclusive"?!)
    Arcades, the Strategist

Spells (5):

The Great Aurora
    Declare Dominance
    Sentinel's Mark
    Status / Statue
    Incubation / Incongruity

Supports (2):

High Alert
    Hadana's Climb / Winged Temple of Orazca

This deck, while spell heavy, can actually snowball if given even one chance.  All because of the buffs given to creatures with vigilance and/or defender... and how convenient that two cards do this, and they stack!  Arcades is an elder dragon we've known for quite a bit now, a very good defender and/or vigilance enabler with card draw built in.  How ironic that he pairs so well with Zetalpa, turning a 4/8 double striking vigilant flyer into a 12/8 monster that can also become damage immune.  The Sisters of Stone Death might seem like a weird fit, until you look into the spells in the deck.

The spells in the deck are mostly buff cards, however there are a few removals.  The Great Aurora is a classic "panic button" in case things go sideways (like say... excessive numbers of supports, or Greg gets a massive cascade and gets a full board of shenanigans), while Incongruity can exile a single annoying problem and only leaves a 3/3... or just fetch that first creature if you get a bad draw and you can't get started.  Declare Dominance is a surprising combo with the Sisters of Stone Death - the exile happens before combat, so not only do you steal Greg's creature, but the Sisters will still deal damage!  Status can also be an amazing way to forcibly remove a specific creature - just force that creature to the first slot by giving it defender, then exile it with the Sisters!  Sentinel's Mark is a good buff spell for your creatures, and provides lifelink for some sustain (and enable buffs from other cards).

High Alert is basically a constant Arcades and stacks with the Strategist's buff - resulting with some amazingly potent blockers.  Hadana's Climb can be considered the "win condition" for the deck.  Once flipped, your first creature will be able to do some massive burst damage!
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Just when we've "shelved" the Radiant Champion... the Coven have a serious need for a new champion of their own.  And Hautli is more than capable of being that champion!

Creatures (3)
    Sigarda, Champion of Light (M)
    Augur of Autumn (R)
    Dragonsguard Elite (M)

Spells (4)
    Gigantiform (R)
    Fracture (U)
    Rune of Sustenance (U)
    Secret Rendezvous (U)

Supports (3)
    Nissa's Pilgrimage (C)
    Overgrown Farmland (U)
    Pennon Blade (R)

This deck focuses heavily on the Coven's tactics in MTG:PQ... the numbers game.  Due to how the Coven needs to reinforce AND paying attention to power statistics, reinforcing creatures is usually the way to win; which is something Hautli is especially fond of!

Creatures focus on either buffing creatures and/or fetching more reinforcements to keep the pressure on - and to stop werewolves from transforming to their more dangerous forms.  Augur of Autumn allows you to scry the first 4 cards of your deck each turn and with at least two creatures in play on your side... allows you to fetch creatures from your deck and gives mana.  Sigarda is also a great way to fetch reinforcements rapidly, only the Champion of Light does it during combat - and humans fetched gets FULL MANA.  The Dragonsguard Elite may not be a member of the Coven, but that doesn't mean the Elite isn't a threat (or a human waiting to be fetched!) and the fact that it has 5 power means it's not going to easily mess up the Coven's abilities.

Spells are a mix of utility, buffs, and acceleration.  Gigantiform is the "win condition" in most cases, causing reinforced creatures to get really big in an instant... just pay attention to the fact that it gives berserker as well.  Fracture is a very cost effective support removal; 6 mana to get rid of the most costly non-land support... and vanguards are not safe.  Rune of Sustenance provides lifelink and a way to adjust power stats in case of conflicts for Coven effects.  Secret Rendezvous is a surprisingly effective card draw spell; 7 mana for 3 cards - sure your opponent draws 3 as well - but you get 12 mana in return, effectively a net gain of 5 mana most of the time!

Supports are focused on mana generation with one exception.  Nissa's Pilgrimage is a timeless and almost a staple Origins card... 3 mana for 3 gems each turn... enough said.  Overgrown Farmland is the sole land in the deck and does a lot of heavy lifting, not to mention the Augur can force it out at any time even without a second creature to trigger the Coven ability!  Pennon Blade is a classic card for token decks, but the Coven can also make good use of it.