***** Gamora (Deadliest Woman) *****

Comments

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2021
    Why are you guys promoting another rival game company?  Square Enix already has a massive following, they get publicity from all the eyes looking at them already.

Those other companies should be promoting this game since this one has been out longer and this game needs the following and publicity more.

I guess Disney forced you guys to do this.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    Her Yellow ... since it's tied to the tile and not her, stunning her won't stop the damage from always being full damage.
    KGB
    The effect being tied to the tile won't make it work when she's stunned.  See also: Wanda's repeater tile, it reduces damage while it's on the board, but not if Wanda is stunned.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Black really needs to auto kill  with all the prerequisites
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    MoosePrime 
    The effect being tied to the tile won't make it work when she's stunned.  See also: Wanda's repeater tile, it reduces damage while it's on the board, but not if Wanda is stunned.
    This is correct, but it makes her to be potentially the first stun target. If you have 5witch and G5mora on the same team it becomes troublesome on deciding who to stun first.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Her Yellow ... since it's tied to the tile and not her, stunning her won't stop the damage from always being full damage.
    KGB
    Some CDs still do some stuff while stunned. See Medusa's tile getting matched or destroyed and still turning into attack tiles while she is stunned.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Some CDs still do some stuff while stunned. See Medusa's tile getting matched or destroyed and still turning into attack tiles while she is stunned.
    It is interesting to mention because 5witches green is worded just like Medusa. The qualifier "whenever" is used, but the cooldown does not reduce if she is stunned.  edit** but I guess the charge portion works while stunned
    It will be interesting to see how it plays out live.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    dianetics said:
    It is interesting to mention because 5witches green is worded just like Medusa. The qualifier "whenever" is used, but the cooldown does not reduce if she is stunned.  edit** but I guess the charge portion works while stunned
    Switches repeater stores charges when she's stunned (the passive part of it being on the board) but the repeater does not tick down (that's what does the damage) when she's stunned.
    The passive part of Gamora's repeater says you always do full damage when it's on the board. I expect that to work when she's stunned. But obviously the repeater will not tick down and do the 1 turn stun part.
    KGB
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    dianetics said:
    Switches repeater stores charges when she's stunned (the passive part of it being on the board) but the repeater does not tick down (that's what does the damage) when she's stunned.
    The passive part of Gamora's repeater says you always do full damage when it's on the board. I expect that to work when she's stunned. But obviously the repeater will not tick down and do the 1 turn stun part.
    KGB
    I did not realize that Switch's repeater stored charges while she was stunned.  Does it do the damage reduction while she is stunned?
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her behavior when stunned is interesting but probably not relevant?  SW/Colossus doesn't have a stun, and I can't imagine a situation where you'd choose to use Gamora unless you were facing them.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like her. Her yellow should ignore protect tiles as well so she would be good against BRB teams as long as you can keep the yellow repeater from being matched away. I'm thinking 3/5/5 right now to keep the fortification on her black.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Anon said:
    Glad her damage reduction power is on yellow. Any other color and we might have seen the return of iHulkoye.

You could still see that happen. It'll just be easier to deal with.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2021
    Meh, doesn't look interesting at all.  Can we get whoever develops the cool 4* to work on the 5* too?

Red - Other than wave fights seems like damned if you do, damned if you don't.  If you use it vs a full team you're missing out on the extra hits and it's just an AoE tap.  If you wait til you've downed a bunch of enemies, you get a multi(boostable) hit vs the last guy, but wasted the AoE part.  Just give me Beta Ray Bill's green?

Black - Junk, You have to damage them 6x at best, AND they have to then fire a power to then do damage? Soooo much work for just some damage.

Yellow - The only decent power of the bunch, and even then it only stuns every other turn at max,  Compare that to Mantis's green that just takes an enemy out of the fight near-permanently.  The "Friendly damage can't be reduced" sounds good but uh...what exactly does that mean?  Does it stop shields, 4* juggernaut, colossus, scarlet witch?  What about 5* black panther or 4* spider-man?

All in all, super easy skip for me, more time to hoard my CP/LL I guess.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Meh, doesn't look interesting at all.  Can we get whoever develops the cool 4* to work on the 5* too?

Red - Other than wave fights seems like damned if you do, damned if you don't.  If you use it vs a full team you're missing out on the extra hits and it's just an AoE tap.  If you wait til you've downed a bunch of enemies, you get a multi(boostable) hit vs the last guy, but wasted the AoE part.  Just give me Beta Ray Bill's green?

You've misunderstood the Red power. It *always* does AOE damage and THEN does extra blows vs the target. So it's 10K AOE + 10K extra damage per enemy killed.
    The Black isn't finalized yet. The number of charges needed or the damage done may be adjusted before she goes live. Once we see final numbers we'll have a better idea if this is a good power or not. Clearly will require the right team mates (cascades, extra matches or multi hit powers etc) to be really effective (for example 5* Switch always gives you an extra damage attack per turn via her passive).
    KGB

• Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:
    KGB
    That's correct. 5* Daredevil's green countdown also damages the enemy if it's matched away or destroyed while Daredevil is stunned.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    To summarise, whether a cd or repeater triggers when that owner gets stunned is not consistent. So, we have to remember it or write it down somewhere.
  • HoundofShadow
    Come to think of it, this makes it the second ability to counter the defensive/damage reducing meta. Ultron is the first to do that.

Does anyone remember how many new releases that were anti-iHulkoye? I remember only Wanda and Electro. I'm not looking at those that bypass protect tiles in any form and Britty already existed before iHulkoye.

How about anti-Gambit meta? Infinity Cap and Angel were the counters. 

I'm thinking how many more anti-defensive meta they will release.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone remember how many new releases that were anti-iHulkoye?

Old Man Daken and Mehneto were attempts at countering iHulk. OMD could have been a solid counter if not for his poor numbers. Mehneto...the less said the better.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2021
    That makes it 4 counters. We probably get another 1-2 down the line depending on whether Gamora shakes up the meta.

I think it will be probably If Condition A fulfills, creates repeater or cd or whatever that makes allies' immune to damage reduction.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, she looks better than Odin (that is the real metric here), and she will definitely be more fun.  So, I guess I have to go for her (with Shang Chi).

Looking at her numbers compared to Apocolypse, she isn't too bad - not as good as Apoc, but hey, he's pretty darn good.  Their reds are on par.  Blacks are on par if you can jump through all the hoops (big if), but Apoc's is immediate damage.  Apoc's yellow and her yellow look similar in a mirror symmetry kind of way (he does more damage, she ignores damage reducers); but Apoc's yellow applies to any opposing team, where she only shines against defensive ones.  Immune to stun is pretty huge though, and random 1 turn stun every two turns isn't that great.

They really need to make that black easier to go off, or guarantee some damage if matched or something.  As it is, you need to hit the target at twice per turn for six turns and then hope the target fires a power.  I estimate with average match damage, you would take a total of 77k off of the target by that time (30k match damage from the 2 matches per turn for six turns + the total black damage).  If you happen to take off more damage through attacks, then you might be wasting some of that bonus damage.

Is Odin really that bad?