Marvel Puzzle Quest R238 Release Notes (10/11/21)

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    For gaming purposes it doesn't matter but there are always characters that are favoured over others. As stated - I have a general antipathy for Venom so the thought of yet another one does not fill me with delight.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone has favourite and non-favourite characters. If it's really Venom, there's always 18 Nov and 16 Dec for another chance at your favourite character to be in the game.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Actually, it doesn't matter who gets released. Just have fun guessing. I think those dataminers miss out the fun of being MPQ Sherlock Holmes. Reading the thought process of how players derive their answers are interesting.

What's more important is what kind of abilities they have, especially at the 5* level. For example 4* Wasp is great but 5* Wasp  :|  

Anyway, these are the characters being linked to the clues, including those from reddit:

Venom
    No Girl
    Mr Fantastic
    Gamora
    Void
    Mister Negative

The clue actually does make sense for a 5* Gamora. What If... Gamora Stopped Thanos? Thanos kills half of none.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    None of the options fill me with any partifcular amount of fan filled joy (not much of a Venom fan and I'm still hoping we will one day get the FF completed on the 4* level before we even think about 5's) but Gamora seems completely out of nowhere (or Knowhere). I have seen the final episode of What if...? but I wouldn't say it contains enough to justify a 5* Gamora...oh well. Mind you we wont find out until next week for sure?

I guess 4* Torch isn't Johnny Storm, but it's basically there?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    None of the options fill me with any partifcular amount of fan filled joy (not much of a Venom fan and I'm still hoping we will one day get the FF completed on the 4* level before we even think about 5's) but Gamora seems completely out of nowhere (or Knowhere). I have seen the final episode of What if...? but I wouldn't say it contains enough to justify a 5* Gamora...oh well. Mind you we wont find out until next week for sure?

I guess 4* Torch isn't Johnny Storm, but it's basically there?

I was talking about H.E.R.B.I.E! ;)
  • DAZ0273
    Everyone has favourite and non-favourite characters. If it's really Venom, there's always 18 Nov and 16 Dec for another chance at your favourite character to be in the game.

Hypno Hustler and Razorback? Sweet!
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:

Moses Magnum or GTFO
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2021
    DAZ0273 said:

Originally gamora and tony stark fighting on Sakaar was supposed to be an episode of season 1 but due to the pandemic they didn't have time to do every episode so they had the choice to either push one episode back to season 2 or delay the entire first season. They chose to do the former and delay the gamora episode to season 2.  If the  5 star is the Gamora from what if it's possible she was planned to be released in MPQ before the episode was delayed just like how yelena and red guardian came out in mpq ahead of when the movie actually released.
  • DAZ0273
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Moses Magnum or GTFO
    I can dig it! Like Venom could rock the collar on this costume!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:

Originally gamora and tony stark fighting on Sakaar was supposed to be an episode of season 1 but due to the pandemic they didn't have time to do every episode so they had the choice to either push one episode back to season 2 or delay the entire first season. They chose to do the former and delay the gamora episode to season 2.  If the  5 star is the Gamora from what if it's possible she was planned to be released in MPQ before the episode was delayed just like how yelena and red guardian came out in mpq ahead of when the movie actually released.

That makes a lot more sense as although she does feature in Ep. 9 we know basically nothing about her as we haven't seen her reality. Otherwise it would sort of be like releasing a 5* version of Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine as The Falcon & Winter Soldier choice. But if they already had her in the bag - well we have Ronan and Mantis this year to show for stuff that was probably developed earlier and then tweaked for release.
    Assuming it is Gamora of course... (of course it is...)
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    This one is interesting, I can see the logic behind many of the guesses.

"Half of none.." none meaning knull. but instead of 5* Venom it could be:
    The other half of the phrase "knull and void" 5* Void/Sentry
    All-black the necrosword is part of Knull and is wielded by 5* Gorr the God Butcher!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2021
    Half of The King in Black is Black, could be Black Knight who is played by Kit Harrington in Eternals
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Half of The King in Black is Black, could be Black Knight who is played by Kit Harrington in Eternals
    Finally! The Marvel - Game of Thrones crossover everyone has been asking for. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Possible What If spoiler for those that haven’t seen the final episode. Read at your own risk.

Apparently there’s a missing episode of “What If…” that might explain why Gamora was wearing Thanos’s armor and had his sword, and what I must have missed was a reference to her being “the Thanos killer”. In that context, perhaps Gamora makes sense after all.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually, it doesn't matter who gets released. Just have fun guessing. I think those dataminers miss out the fun of being MPQ Sherlock Holmes. Reading the thought process of how players derive their answers are interesting.
    Nah, there's still plenty of fun in trying to connect the two dots, even when you know what the end is "supposed" to be, because sometimes the clues are that "out there."

And in general, it's worthwhile to discuss regardless of whether or not you "know" the answer, because it serves as an outlet for discussing character wishes.

The sheer number of people who suggest Omega Red every other release is a solid indicator that people want him in the game. The number of people who suggest Venom here (and the fact that people aren't saying "ew no, not another Venom") indicates we might be open to a 5-star Venom in the future.

I keep notes on all sorts of things, including upcoming info, because it's valuable for planning, which helps me advise newer players in my alliance, but I absolutely don't let that interfere with having fun working through the clues, either.

The BEST part, about this particular one? There's still a bit that I saw of datamined info that no one has explained. Could be nothing (sometimes it's like a game of telephone, what gets to me isn't always the same as what's in the game files, so oddities/differences can be taken with a grain of salt). Could be that some people who think they know what character we're getting are still in for a surprise.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's definitely Batman this time, isn't it!?!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah there's usually an almost universal consensus on who the next character is. The fact that there are many ideas being thrown out for this one is a nice change.

Personally hoping for a 5* Venom though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Omega Red is the new Dazzler as far as I’m concerned.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2021
    Omega Red is the new Dazzler as far as I’m concerned.
    I would love if they 100% trolled us and once 5* Omega Red finally does exist that they made Dazzler as his feeder.
    A one-time exception to their seemingly set policy of only making new 4s as feeders.