Marvel Puzzle Quest R238 Release Notes (10/11/21)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R238 Release Notes.

“Half of none...”

• Celebrate MPQ’s 8th Anniversary with DOUBLE ISO-8, a FREE Anniversary Token, and much more!
  • Don’t miss out on the special MPQ Anniversary Season, ending October 17th!
  • Exclusive fan favorite characters and Anniversary Events now live!
  • Claim FREE Hispanic Heritage Month login gifts, ending October 15th!
  • Never let anyone push you around with Blob (Modern) in select events, ending soon!

Additional Details:

• Fixed an issue where some bundles would incorrectly appear purchasable after they were purchased.
  • Fixed spelling and grammar errors in multiple areas.

Thanks for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Thanos said:
    Please fix the ap boost bug and add auto boost buy.
    At this point, I think we can conclude that it's not a bug.
  • CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 53 Match Maker
    What would be the bug?
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Half of none is no or ne. 

5* No Girl seems unlikely. Maybe none refers to not being there, as in invisible. Invisible Woman’s other half is Reed Richards and a 5* Mr. Fantastic would be much more likely.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does Reed have anything interesting going on that would prompt that?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Does Reed have anything interesting going on that would prompt that?

Yea great question - that to me sounds like a miner working backwards :)
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    It was recently the 60th anniversary of the Fantastic Four.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let there be Carnage was released recently. Someone guessed some symbiote related character. 5* Venom would be sweet to work with 5* SMPP.

Other than that, this one is tough. There's  "..." after "none". So, it seems like an incomplete sentence. "What If..." ended recently and it has "..." as well. I went to read the spoiler for the final episode and saw some potential candidates in there: at least three. 

I would rather see 5* Venom though. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Half of none…none….the end? The end…Omega…omega is half of… Omega Red?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Half" immediately draws you to Thanos, especially in this post-MCU world with how heavily saturated he and The Snap are in pop culture.

But then I've got nothing.

Like, maybe that What If...? Thanos from the "Star-Lord T'Challa" episode? The good guy who never actually pursued his plan to eliminate half of life? But that should be like, a costume, or a gag 2* Thanos.

Absolutely no idea how you get to a 5 from that. Which means I'm either way off base, or (in typical MPQ fashion), it actually is Thanos, and the clue makes no sense to us mere mortals.
  • HoundofShadow
    If you've seen or read the spoiler of Episode 9 (final episode), What If..., it seems to fit your theory.  There's Thanos, with a twist. I think that's pretty cool too. 
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    LakeStone said:

“Half of none...”

None = Knull

So 5* Cosmic Venom
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems to be split between 5* versions of Venom and Mr. Fantastic. Hard to tell if any is datamined since the FF anniversary and Venom movie were just released. Maybe Reddit has some insight, lol. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes it’s datamined and they are trying to be clever but got the wrong order. Every release there’s always one trying to make some huge leap out of no where.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    Yes it’s datamined and they are trying to be clever but got the wrong order. Every release there’s always one trying to make some huge leap out of no where.

K I think I figured it out. Normally there are a few characters guessed every release. Sometimes the hint is obvious, sometimes people trying to hide they are on the line spoiler community to avoid being banned from the forum. I look forward to the skills, numbers, and potentially the loud complaints of characters being DoA. 
  • HoundofShadow
    I would love to see 5* venom with web based mechanics. I'm still unsure who's the right one. Even at reddit, there isn't a conclusive answer, which is rare.
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Seems to be split between 5* versions of Venom and Mr. Fantastic. Hard to tell if any is datamined since the FF anniversary and Venom movie were just released. Maybe Reddit has some insight, lol. 
    I’m not a miner, but as you can see by my Cosmic Spidey vs. Tri-sentinel avatar I’ve been hoping for the uni-force to show up in-game forever.
  • HoundofShadow
    I thought the post in reddit that gets the most like is usually the one. And Gamora isn't. So, it seems to contradict your answer?  :/
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    None of the options fill me with any partifcular amount of fan filled joy (not much of a Venom fan and I'm still hoping we will one day get the FF completed on the 4* level before we even think about 5's) but Gamora seems completely out of nowhere (or Knowhere). I have seen the final episode of What if...? but I wouldn't say it contains enough to justify a 5* Gamora...oh well. Mind you we wont find out until next week for sure?

• HoundofShadow
    Actually, it doesn't matter who gets released. Just have fun guessing. I think those dataminers miss out the fun of being MPQ Sherlock Holmes. Reading the thought process of how players derive their answers are interesting.

What's more important is what kind of abilities they have, especially at the 5* level. For example 4* Wasp is great but 5* Wasp  :|  

Anyway, these are the characters being linked to the clues, including those from reddit:

Venom
    No Girl
    Mr Fantastic
    Gamora
    Void
    Mister Negative