**** Blob (Modern) ****

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Srheer0 said:
    What of 3star Storm?
    She's good but the cost is 9 AP. So it is every three turns vs every 2 turns. (Provided you match the colors needed)
    Storm certainly will do well, but can't potentially fortify tiles. Misty also has AOE damage reduction. Storm could potentially give more tiles, but I think getting 6 AP early vs 9 AP is more doable.
    With a boost and a match 3 it is the second turn for Misty. For storm it is a boost and match 5 for a second turn return.
    For offense only the math works and looks good, but my guess is Misty. I could totally be wrong, since I haven't had the chance to run him with opens teams.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Storm can create 32 attack tiles with 9 ap, whereas it's only 6 for 6 with Misty. Put C4rol in and your attack tiles will be pretty crazy for the next 2-3 turns.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Electro's yellow creates a strike tile at the bottom so I guess she could help him (and of course he counters her yellow as well)
  • dianetics
    edited October 2021
    Storm can create 32 attack tiles with 9 ap, whereas it's only 6 for 6 with Misty. Put C4rol in and your attack tiles will be pretty crazy for the next 2-3 turns.
    Totally right, but the 6 go to the row you choose and could be potentially fortified. She also has other abilities that help the team better than storm.
    You would expect at least 8 tiles in the bottom 2 rows from Storm.
    The long math does show that they essentially even.
    6 tiles every 2 turns vs 8 tiles every 3 turns. (I do know Storm will fill out more tiles at the bottom later on)
    At turn 24 you get the same expected output, but Misty has the chance to fortify and can fire it faster. If the tiles are fortified they will be harder to match when they become countdowns.
    Storm can potentially be a boon no doubt. But I'm just guessing because I can't really use them both with a fully covered blob right now that misty will be better.

I'm guessing as a pick 3 Blob Polaris Sabertooth, or Blob Misty Sabertooth
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is a rumor he feeds Mr. Sinister. Can anyone confirm?

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    dianetics said:
    It’s pretty clear he is probably the best 4* tank and I don’t think it’s even close. Paired with the right 2 he’s going to snowball very quickly.

I think 4* Juggs might disagree.
  • Sekilicious
    edited October 2021
    helix72 said:
    dianetics said:
    It’s pretty clear he is probably the best 4* tank and I don’t think it’s even close. Paired with the right 2 he’s going to snowball very quickly.

Juggernaut is great in the hands of the player. On defense I often ignore him or exploit his AoE using BRB blue. Blob’s jump-to-the-front mechanic along with match damage reduction sets him apart on defense, even before eating SAP tiles. I’m not looking forward to meeting champed varieties in the wild.
  • dianetics
    helix72 said:
    Huggy is #2 but if blob eats a few strike tiles he will outclass him quickly.
    oh yeah blob can heal and do direct damage by eating.
    he can jump in front to help feed himself.
    If you cleared test of skill yet you can see how fat he gets.
  • HoundofShadow
    I saw that about him feeding Sinister. It should be true. 
  • Daniel2121
    edited October 2021
    It would seem the best counters to Blob at the moment are spiderverse teams (O'Hara, Miles, Gwen, even Silk to a degree) because web tiles can't be converted by him and can clutter the bottom rows. Karnak + Chavez I guess can work, but they don't have stuns you could use in a pinch.
  • Daniel2121
    edited October 2021
    helix72 said:
    dianetics said:

Maybe not that relevant, but Electro counters Jugg nicely (she negates his AOE damage passively with her yellow). Blob on the other hand counters Electro somewhat (she can't use the active portion of her yellow as that places a strike at the bottom row and you know Blob just eats those). She can still use her other skills of course but her yellow is pretty much negated by him.
    Just my 2 cents on the matter  :D
  • HoundofShadow
    That's a nice counter. If you're using Blob, chances are you'll be hunting Polaris + BRB/R4G.

If I see Blob, I will use stun on him. Polaris + 4 blue ap will do the job, but it's expensive. +2 blue ap is fine. 

Thinking defensively, I would put Blob with someone who can bring him out of stun mode quickly. Invisibility or Airborne mode will override his stunned mode. I'll throw someone in with cheap stuns as another deterrent. 

My theoretical Blob's defensive team would be: Blob + "anti-stun" + stun/heal/ap gain/row destroyer

Anti-stun: Invisible Woman, Throg, Heimdall, Agent Venom.

Multi-Stun: Spider-Gwen, Mantis (potential) Gamora, Black Cat, Jubilee, Peggy Carter, Taskmaster

AP gain: Medusa, Vulture, C4rol, Black Cat,

Row destroyer: Hellcat

• Daniel2121
    edited October 2021
    Northstar is also a row destroyer

Also She-Hulk is not really a row destroyer but she can destroy 10 tiles from the bottom of the board with her red.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Northstar could also be anti-stun. I believe his invisibility randomly targets, though.
  • HoundofShadow
    I thought about Northstar but his invisibility has a 1/3 chance of hitting Blob.

In today's 5* shield training, his match damage increment went up to 4200%. That was crazy.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    In today's 5* shield training, his match damage increment went up to 4200%. That was crazy.
    I took Polaris, when I checked at the end, I was past 3000%, with his green tile damage at 19999.
  • Sekilicious
    I appreciate the best Blob partners are Polaris and Grocket, haha. 
  • Daniel2121
    edited October 2021

I'm not sure about that. Blob might be a better tank than Juggernaut, but not sure about that team synergy. There are times when I would rather have those APS at the bottom rather than them converted into bonuses for Blob.
  • Sekilicious

I'm not sure about that. Blob might be a better tank than Juggernaut, but not sure about that team synergy. There are times when I would rather have those APS at the bottom rather than them converted into bonuses for Blob.
    Oh yeah, Polaris and Grocket may, or may not, be the best partners for Blob but that doesn’t mean that Blob is the best partner for Polaris and Grocket. I’m having a little trouble getting to 75 wins in the Blob PvP so he might be an effective tank.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    After hitting 900 in his PvP, I can say this guy is going to be a huge PITA. As in Bishop PITA.
    He jumps in front *SO* many times per match even if you aren't trying for double matches and just get cascades that lead to more matches . That results in more and more protects getting spammed which eventually will heal him as they will get to the bottom 2 rows.
    All this and he is basically just 1/1/1 with 6K health. Imagine him champed at 22K health and beyond with higher match damage reduction on par with Juggs so that even 5* will only be doing a few hundred to him. It's going to mean matches are going to drag out a lot more turns causing way more powers to be fired and so on.
    He'll be a skip for me unless I have literally no other targets and I doubt I'll be the only one.
    KGB