**** Blob (Modern) ****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    We will know once he's officially available to all players.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does Magneto have a feeder yet? Seems like there is a decent enough tie there.
  • HoundofShadow
    Not yet.

As of now,

Cyclops, Magneto, OMD, Ronan, Odin, Shang Chi, Ultron, Colossus, Wanda, Electro, Knull, Deadpool, Onslaught, Havok, Mr Sinister and iHulk doesn't have feeders. That's 16 of them.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Glad we have Blob, not glad we have dad bod Blob.   Can we get classic Blob look sometime?

What's next?  Dad bod Cyclops and dad bod Namor?  

I think the Blob went past dad bod ages ago. He would probably love to have a dad bod at this point.

He might instead have a paunch or visible beer belly, without being obese. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dad_bod)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad we have Blob, not glad we have dad bod Blob.   Can we get classic Blob look sometime?

I'm sure this will be the cover they'll use

Are you saying he isn't in good shape anymore? I guess I missed it when Blob was Slimmer of the week at Weight Watchers?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:
    Do we know if Blob is going to feed any 5s yet?
    Feed on them possibly. 
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Please give us Classic Blob costume with this alternate cover

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:

I'm sure this will be the cover they'll use

Are you saying he isn't in good shape anymore? I guess I missed it when Blob was Slimmer of the week at Weight Watchers?
    Yes, he underwent Weight Watchers circa 2010 i believe when new writers decided to make him a good guy for a while then another set of newer writers made him bad again lol
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    The in game blob cover has me laughing every time I see it.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2021
    The animation and sound for converting special tiles are funny.  :D 

His green animation is similar to 1* Juggernaut's green. 

It looks like there's no cap for his match damage increase. I got to 420 before all of them got steamrolled.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    The animation and sound for converting special tiles are funny.  :D 

His green animation is similar to 1* Juggernaut's green. 

It looks like there's no cap for his match damage increase. I got to 420 before all of them got steamrolled.
    Yeah, I slow played it to 480%.
    That could pile up really fast against Polaris/Grocket teams.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    He was a huge tank in 4* land if I hadn’t brought a stunner I’d still be playing trying to KO him . Not bringing tile makers against him anymore.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I took Kitty, Polaris, and Wolverine against him in the introducing event, I figured I could take him out quickly. While I won, Kitty died horribly to Magneto deleting TU from the board. Blob was annoying to play against so they achieved that goal anyways. I would have had an easier time if I had been able to bring Karnak and Chavez instead. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    I misread his yellow and I thought blob only reduces damage if jumps in front like odin. 
    The truth is that at level 5 he always reduces 90% of match damage. 
    He can be slow but he is a remarkably good character for 4* land and he is really tough to win just on match damage attacks.
    Kudos to the designing team!
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Blob is good, but for some reason I don't like him as much as I thought I would. Maybe it's my play style. On the plus side, he will save on health packs. I'm definitely going to champ him, but I might not use him much. I reserve the right to change my mind in the future, though.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blob, Carnage, and Apocalypse is insanely fun. I need a way to guarantee yellow at the start of the match. I wish they would take affiliations off the supports.
  • dianetics
    It’s pretty clear he is probably the best 4* tank and I don’t think it’s even close. Paired with the right 2 he’s going to snowball very quickly.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Better than Hydra Stomper for sure.
  • dianetics
    Ran through the roster a bit ago, and I think I might have found his best partner.
    Misty Night and any other strike tile generator.
    Misty can make 6 attack tiles in any row. 6 tiles turns out to be pretty good damage on him, at level 300 it's 1343 per tile for Misty's 6 blue ap with a chance to fortify the tiles. .

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    dianetics said:
    Ran through the roster a bit ago, and I think I might have found his best partner.
    Misty Night and any other strike tile generator.
    Misty can make 6 attack tiles in any row. 6 tiles turns out to be pretty good damage on him, at level 300 it's 1343 per tile for Misty's 6 blue ap with a chance to fortify the tiles. .

What of 3star Storm?