PvP: C (no change)
    PvE: C (down from B, Cl10)
  • LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the update! The A for Adam Warlock in PVE surprised me a bit 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why so low for Colossus/Switch? 

They are both all over my 470ish meta matches. Also very handy in PVE. 
    I must be missing the boat on Adam. Please elaborate on him.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Colossus shouldn't be so low in pve... With crit boosts and damage boosts (all for Iso-8) and with Chavez and/or Karnak, he can be good enough for any SCL 10 pve event.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kolence said:
    Colossus shouldn't be so low in pve... With crit boosts and damage boosts (all for Iso-8) and with Chavez and/or Karnak, he can be good enough for any SCL 10 pve event.
    When Colossus was boosted recently, I managed to get 100K damage on a match-5 blue with a critical tile luckily placed there by Chavez.  That plus the next match damage took out one of the LVL 650 enemies on Turn 3.

I'll take that any day of the week!
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,907 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    As always, I appreciate the feedback. :smile:

In regards to Adam, he works best with a high level Okoye or maxed Okoye and iHulk. Some argue it's currently the fastest team for PvE in game (with proper use of boosts).  He always will work well with Apocalypse and iHulk, or even Kitty/Grocket, albeit perhaps a bit slower.

However, I suppose I should put a caveat with him. Apparently because of his match damage boost, a player will basically need a near maxed out Okoye and baby champed (450ish level) Adam for him to work well with Okoye (ie. Keep her tanking black and yellow) to maximize effect.

As for Colossus, I kind of jumped the gun on him and let my own biases against defensive mechanics cloud my judgement. I think he is actually pretty awesome and fun (I had a lot of fun running him with Chavez and Karnak in Balance of Power).  Additionally, I didn't really consider the current 5* weekly boosts where Colossus match damage reduction will be very helpful for PvP.

So with that said, I will update the tier list shortly to better reflect the current meta. Thanks again for the questions and comments!
  • fight4thedream
    edited June 2021
    *Tier update

Colossus (Phoenix Five)

PvP: A (up from B )
    PvE: A (up from C)

Immortal Hulk
    PvP: B (down from A)
    PvE: A (no change)

• LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Glad to see Colossus getting some love! He was underrated as hell when he came out 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    1 team that has helped me tremendously in CL10 Challenge Nodes that I don't see up there is Beta Ray Bill, Polaris, 1* Juggernaut.

Focus on green matches as well as trying to make as many protect tiles as possible. Eventually you're firing off Juggs green and getting back more green and blue ap than you know what to do with.

Edit: I realize its not a speedy team, but in a game where things can go south really fast (ESPECIALLY with 650 enemies), I'll take an extra minute or two over a potential wipe or 3 health packs.
  • mpiter
    mpiter Posts: 77 Match Maker

In regards to Adam, he works best with a high level Okoye or maxed Okoye and iHulk. Some argue it's currently the fastest team for PvE in game (with proper use of boosts).  He always will work well with Apocalypse and iHulk, or even Kitty/Grocket, albeit perhaps a bit slower.

However, I suppose I should put a caveat with him. Apparently because of his match damage boost, a player will basically need a near maxed out Okoye and baby champed (450ish level) Adam for him to work well with Okoye (ie. Keep her tanking black and yellow) to maximize effect.
    Is there a reason you did not add Hulkoye + Adam in the list of the best PVE-10 teams?

• fight4thedream
    @mpiter

Doh! That was an oversight on my part. Will add them now. Thanks! 
  • mpiter
    mpiter Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Thank you for your work. This is a great thread.
  • praha3
    praha3 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I’ve been having tons of fun with a team of BRB/Polaris/Bishop. Make a couple of protect tile matches near the beginning and it can escalate very quickly. Sometimes BRB’s blue once or twice helps get it going if you need it. Then let Polaris stun everyone. 

I use for challenge nodes with good mileage 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    How often does this get updated?
    Gonna be interesting to see how shang chi is ranked,seeing as he completely demolishes most teams.
    Good for pve too and has replaced colossus in my go to team of chavez hulk ME. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    How often does this get updated?
    Gonna be interesting to see how shang chi is ranked,seeing as he completely demolishes most teams.
    Good for pve too and has replaced colossus in my go to team of chavez hulk ME. 
    Some people will rank him as the very best, and others will rank him as one of the worst, and *they'll all be right.*

There's no comparable character in the game right now...he's a murderer on offense, and when piloted by a very skilled player he can kill any opponents of any level, and do it fast. But he's terrible on defense, tricky to use, and quite slow if you're not good with him.

I'm very interested to see what the consensus ends up being.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    I think he's the best personally, his damage output is crazy and nobody comes close to him. 
    But yes the ai doesn't know how to use him as he does require some degree of skill, so terrible on defence.
    He would be great even without his self heal. 
  • fight4thedream
    New characters

Knull

PvP: B
    PvE: C

Ronan 

PvE: C

Electro

PvE: ???

Odin

PvP: C
    PvE: ???

Rank Updates

Cyclops (Phoenix Five)

PvP: C (up from D)
    PvE: C (up from ???)

Yellowjacket

PvP: B (up from C)
    PvE: C (no change)

Note: Jury still out on Shang-Chi. It's a really tough call as effectiveness will largely be dependent on two factors: 1.) how quickly a player can reach winfinite with him, 2.) who he pairs best with. Unlikely to reach A tier in current meta for PvP because he is a big defensive liability and has no one that can help mitigate his lack of defense. 
  • fight4thedream
    I think he's the best personally, his damage output is crazy and nobody comes close to him. 
    But yes the ai doesn't know how to use him as he does require some degree of skill, so terrible on defence.
    He would be great even without his self heal. 
    I think you are undervaluing his self heal. Unless you can reach winfinite rather quickly and reliably, he is going to end up tanking quite a bit and sustaining damage. His self heal not only ensures that he can continue in the fight but also reduce the need to use health packs.

One of the major complaints with Odin is that a player will end up needing to use a health pack every one or two matches since he doesn't true heal. 

And don't get me started on how weird it is that best healers in the game are non-superhuman characters instead of characters like Wolverine, Deadpool and Hulk who are known to heal from some really crazy stuff. 

• Jimsta_rooney
    You misunderstand me, what I'm saying is he would still be great without his self heal. 
    That's just a big cherry on the top