**** Blob (Modern) ****

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is seemingly no upper limit on the match damage.
    but qualifying tiles at the bottom is the limiting factor.
    he will do well in 4* land but he probably won’t punch up 
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Hmm.. ole Blob may have made 4* Patsy more fun and entertaining

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Just to be clear: he's not a Limited character, right?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    He is only limited by the stretchability of his waistband.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Is the match damage increase for the rest of the match? Is there an upper limit? Does his yellow trigger if he is already in front?
    In the context of his yellow, does a cascade count as a "another match"?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the match damage increase for the rest of the match? Is there an upper limit? Does his yellow trigger if he is already in front?
    I would assume so, otherwise he only counters Banner Hulk, Carbage, and 4ocket, which would be a wild thing to do at the 4* tier.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Blob looks like Ron Farva from Super Troopers after he ate way to many burgers and drank way to many liter of colas
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    I would assume so, otherwise he only counters Banner Hulk, Carbage, and 4ocket, which would be a wild thing to do at the 4* tier.
    It would also counter extra matches made after a match-5 if cascades don't count.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    No match damage limit? He could be fun. Seems like an anti-Polaris character.

3/5/5
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just need one more character to create a trio of Drum Roll featuring Blob and Kingpin.   :D

It sounds like either Carnage or Polaris will be the go to in shield training 5* essential. One could even do it with 2* Wolverine or 2* Daken. The biggest difference is that it's slower. I probably pair him with Wolverine for cinematic purpose.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    I´m wondering myself. Will he be entering normal token vaults or will he be available only once a year like Taskmaster, Devil Dino and Howard?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    He could use polaris to be stronger(as if polaris needed him of course).
    I don't see him as a great counter for polaris because he is not inmune to stun, he is limited to the 2 bottom lines, and because his match damage reduction only activates on a cascade and not on the electromagnetic resonance damage that can hit per two times without a cascade.
    I think he is a funny character and he indeed can hit hard, however the AP cost for to make a team for him to increase match damage is high.
    Another time the missing piece for mantis morbius sabretooth and possibly blob would be a character creating easily enemy special tiles, and then all of them wouldn't depend on wich characters the opponent is playing for to become inefficient because of not enemy tiles supply on the board. 
    Self sufficient anti special tiles meta. 
  • HoundofShadow
    If I were a 4-star player playing against Polaris and her allies, I would put Blob together with any of the following 4* characters:

Medusa, Deadpool, Rogue, Mantis, Vulture.

I think the above should give players a hard time to decide who to down first. It's a theoretical defensive team again Polaris and her spam helpers.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    What about Blob, Mantis and C4rnage or Medusa?
  • HoundofShadow
    Since Polaris would want to stun Blob first, I threw in some deterrent so that players would hopefully shift their attention to other characters.

Medusa: healing + free aps + creating attack tiles

Deadpool: at least 3406 cd damage when certain damage threshold is met

Rogue: jump in to protect allies against red/yellow/green matches, and reduce power and match damage by up to 75%

Mantis: to stun

Vulture: to make players retreat if infinite airborne triggers.

I'm not sure how much of a deterrent Carnage can be without Medusa.

Hopefully, this can trigger a mini-puzzle for Polaris and BRB/R4G players.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Blob, Carnage, and Apocalypse would be pretty insane. Here’s hoping that Tymora smiles on the upcoming fan favourites store.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2021
    Glad we have Blob, not glad we have dad bod Blob.   Can we get classic Blob look sometime?

What's next?  Dad bod Cyclops and dad bod Namor?   

I'm sure this will be the cover they'll use

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    They can always release a costume for classic Blob unless they plan on doing a 5* Blob (Classic) in the future.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Do we know if Blob is going to feed any 5s yet?