**** Blob (Modern) ****

Comments

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    It feels like Blob, that black power just screams that he is eating the special tiles in the flavour text 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    purplemur said:
    Sebastian Shaw? 
    His powers are absorbing energy. I keep seizing on the description for black “grab hold”- and then the conversion part-seems more fitting then Rhino or Blob who crash and smash.
    I think Omega Red would be fitting also especially with his tentacles. 
    I forgot about Shaw and Red. Good catch. I believe Blob absorbs kinetic energy, but he doesn't convert it like Shaw does, though. As far as Omega, I would think that his healing would also do something like drain the enemy's health as well. I suppose the Countdown tiles replacing SAP tiles could symbolize absorption. I'm not convinced about Rhino, yet.

Is it me, or do the same characters (Rhino, Omega Red, Sebastian Shaw, etc). that everyone keeps asking for are popping up as suggestions for these new characters? Hopefully devs are taking their time on these characters to ensure that they are good.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ll Be super sad if Omega Red isn’t a 5*
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a CD tile meta out there that might be too slow, and might be too 4* heavy, but would be a lot of fun to play with.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Blob could feed Colossus. 🥰
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Borstock said:
    There's a CD tile meta out there that might be too slow, and might be too 4* heavy, but would be a lot of fun to play with.
    If that's the case, it'll depend on how short the cooldowns are. Hawkeye may become meta again after fortifying cooldown tiles. Maybe even Green Goblin so you can fortify and speed them up. 

However, I do agree. I mean, Mantis would be super popular in a cooldown meta too. A must if you want your CD team to counter eventual Polaris or special tile teams. 
  • Akoni
    Aside from Blob's obvious connection to the X-Men, is there a connection between Blob and Colossus?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Too new, I’d go for havok or Mr Sinister.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Blob could feed Colossus because they sort of protect their teammates and reduce match damage. 

These are the 5* in order of release since December:

Adam Warlock / Yellowjacket / Cyclops / Colossus / Wanda / Knull

Those in bold have been given feeders.

He could feed Cyclops as well since Cyclops could pierce through him. Havok blasted Blob as well so he could feed him too.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    dianetics said:
    I think venomous nailed it.

Either Blob or Rhino
    I called Blob on September 28th , I own that . 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Blob could feed Colossus because they sort of protect their teammates and reduce match damage. 

These are the 5* in order of release since December:

Adam Warlock / Yellowjacket / Cyclops / Colossus / Wanda / Knull

Those in bold have been given feeders.

He could feed Cyclops as well since Cyclops could pierce through him. Havok blasted Blob as well so he could feed him too.

What about Onslaught? We don't have a feeder for him for him either and could be connected simply by both being villains.
    I'm pretty confident this is Blob. It fits. But also when you think about it and see all the mutants/X-Men that we have as unfed 5*s it makes sense for this be a feeder for one.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have to wait till Thursday for the prophets to tell us whether he's a feeder.
  • Akoni
    Doesn't the feeder usually have some sort of connection to the one they are feeding? If it's Blob, I don't think he will feed any of the aforementioned 5* unless they have thrown out that requirement.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:
    Doesn't the feeder usually have some sort of connection to the one they are feeding? If it's Blob, I don't think he will feed any of the aforementioned 5* unless they have thrown out that requirement.
    Kate feeds Yellowjacket so the connection can be tenuous. I’m not sure the initial feeder suggestion isn’t data mined but if not then Havok might make sense. Colossus having a feeder would be very welcome though.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    I thought/hoped it was omega red til I got to his yellow.  The first 2 are omega red-y, but leaping to the front and tanking?  Not so much.  Now looks Blobby
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Chucking Sauron into the mix, it is anniversary so he could go well with Devil Dino (also ready made feeder for Sinister).
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since it doesn't specify, am I right to assume the Black affects both Friendly and Enemy SAP tiles?
  • Akoni
    I guess so.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Someone that's obsessed with looking at himself in the mirror?  Mirror Master!
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    This character is insane.  

Remember how annoying it can be to face the ultron bots? He would make it more manageable. 

And he has decent health.  

Pair him with Medusa and C4rnage for and annoying 4star team. With blob changing the bottom rows' special tiles into countdowns, you would almost always have carnage making 2+2 special tiles a turn.  

Countdowns though. What if you paired him with C4rol and Hydro Stomper?