Comments

• morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    810 in my bracket was just enough for 5th :S
    god damnit bad bracket again
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Emeryt wrote:
    Got kicked out of top10. But honestly, I'm so happy for DjangoUnbuffed and the scAvengers scoring top2 in Sim, that I really don't give a Intergalactic Space Vessel about LoT icon_e_biggrin.gif

I believe you were top 5 when I shielded at 780 as I had to go out for meetings. My motivation to do well was spoiled by Dave Kazz (? I think) who spent more than 24 hrs on shields at 904. Well played.
  • locked wrote:
    The Simulator gives oBW covers *trollface*

I've been comfortably inside the top 10 of my main bracket for most of the Simulator, though I've recently slipped to around 20th. I don't care, because top 10 and top 50 only differ by the size of the ISO award, but I've actually given serious thought to tanking my score enough to pick up the three-pack of OBW covers instead, since mine is currently 3/4/3, having trained every single cover I could get my hands on. I'm going to stick it out and pick up the pair of Mr. Rogers covers, because he's going to be required for the next event, but I'm not enthusiastic about it. I don't care what he says; he can knit his own damn sweaters.
  • kidicarus wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Got kicked out of top10. But honestly, I'm so happy for DjangoUnbuffed and the scAvengers scoring top2 in Sim, that I really don't give a Intergalactic Space Vessel about LoT icon_e_biggrin.gif

I believe you were top 5 when I shielded at 780 as I had to go out for meetings. My motivation to do well was spoiled by Dave Kazz (? I think) who spent more than 24 hrs on shields at 904. Well played.
    Yeah, but people started pushing near the end. I focused on Simulator, which ended more than well icon_e_smile.gif
    We actually have pretty tough bracket - 2x SHIELD (Davecazz, TheLadder), as well as Guys from Django, FittedKitchens etc.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    went to bed 5 hours before end of tournament, shielded at 654, #6.
    No hope to stay in top10

However, I wake up to discover that I was attacked only twice... and for two defensive wins!
    Unexpectedly, I stayed top10 and patch is now fully covered

Nice start for the week end icon_razz.gif
  • Start of the tournament: aw great, the reward is patch, will definately go for 2 covers, I can do it!

Last hours of the tournament: So i'm #25 with 524 pts, I can totaly make it. Check the top to all of them shielded #1 904 (what?), #10 703. OK, let's do it!
    Got the 600 progression reward, things go well.
    Here comes my purple magneto at 700, I'm almost in top 10, going strong, nodes are doable, no 141 people yet, yeah baby!
    Great I'm in top 10 for almost an hour, going up and down from #6 to #8, haven't been attacked yet, have the old Gods and the new been smiling at me?
    Struggle, struggle, struggle, defensive win, aw yes i'm in top 5, i so totaly have to shield, no brainer, top 5 rewards! Wait a sec, top 5 to top 10 is only 500 iso, are they worth the 75HP?Nah...i'll buy an alliance spot instead, i got the two patches i wanted eitherway.
    Last five minutes, still top5, ten spots beyond me shielded, #15 at 580 pts, well look at that, 500 bonus iso!
    Less than a minute left, thank you MPQ universe, at last, not sleeping was worth it! let's check the simulator. Top 50 in both, hello 2 tokens! Back to LoT. Pop up screnn, aw yeah baby, probably because the tourny ended, let's sit back and wait for the rewards.
    WHAT? Pop doesn't brag about 2 mill downloads, no it can't be..
    Of course it can! Just lost 112 pts!In your face tinykitty top 25, dig it?
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you tinniest of the tinnykitties!!!!!!!!fakurngkjan rkjnpaiurnpgcanperifna82389rh093ntcqnjreklajnrgv

Guess those creepy Gods weren't smiling at me after all, just laughing at me........
  • Nemesis wrote:
    Start of the tournament: aw great, the reward is patch, will definately go for 2 covers, I can do it!

Last hours of the tournament: So i'm #25 with 524 pts, I can totaly make it. Check the top to all of them shielded #1 904 (what?), #10 703. OK, let's do it!
    Got the 600 progression reward, things go well.
    Here comes my purple magneto at 700, I'm almost in top 10, going strong, nodes are doable, no 141 people yet, yeah baby!
    Great I'm in top 10 for almost an hour, going up and down from #6 to #8, haven't been attacked yet, have the old Gods and the new been smiling at me?
    Struggle, struggle, struggle, defensive win, aw yes i'm in top 5, i so totaly have to shield, no brainer, top 5 rewards! Wait a sec, top 5 to top 10 is only 500 iso, are they worth the 75HP?Nah...i'll buy an alliance spot instead, i got the two patches i wanted eitherway.
    Last five minutes, still top5, ten spots beyond me shielded, #15 at 580 pts, well look at that, 500 bonus iso!
    Less than a minute left, thank you MPQ universe, at last, not sleeping was worth it! let's check the simulator. Top 50 in both, hello 2 tokens! Back to LoT. Pop up screnn, aw yeah baby, probably because the tourny ended, let's sit back and wait for the rewards.
    WHAT? Pop doesn't brag about 2 mill downloads, no it can't be..
    Of course it can! Just lost 112 pts!In your face tinykitty top 25, dig it?
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you tinniest of the tinnykitties!!!!!!!!fakurngkjan rkjnpaiurnpgcanperifna82389rh093ntcqnjreklajnrgv

Guess those creepy Gods weren't smiling at me after all, just laughing at me........
    Punisher War Journal:
    In MPQ greed does not pay. Shields are always worth buying.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Just had my new "best moment of all-time" for MPQ.

I had already set a new personal best in PvP by breaking 800 for the first time naturally earlier in the day.

Even better, I won a defense or two, while shield climbing with 3h shields to about 850ish. I had about a 100 point lead on the rest of the bracket.

Oh-so-casually, a player with an end-game roster slowly works their way up the leaderboard. Never gets attacked once, never shields, just sits there on the leaderboard. Advancing 20 points every 15 minutes or so, drawing out the inevitable, slow and painfully.

The player finally passes me by with about 4 minutes to go by about 10 points. Doesn't shield.

I'm watching.... the poker contest is on between the two of us. I haven't moved on the leaderboard in 3 hours. The opponent has to watching to see if I suddenly drop shields in response. I don't.

The bluff continues... 3 minutes.... 2 minutes... I still don't make a move. The opponent does not move either.

I prepare my attack and go all in, rainbows across the board. Curse to myself that I took too long planning and selecting boosts. Realize that I only gave myself about 50 seconds to win the match.

The board was favorable, but it didn't matter much. Only needed one match for MThor Red and Yellow skills. Boosted red took out one opponent. Yellow took out another with the resulting green cascade from boosted matched damage. Call of Stormed the last opponent and won in three turns.

Got back to the fight select screen with literally 5 seconds to spare, just long enough to see the clock tick to zero.

Outplaying the troll was so tinykitty good. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gificon_twisted.gif

Nicely played, sir. Must have been the first time I'm described as a 'a player with end game roster' though I got lucky with fat Thor and managed to have him at 95 unbuffed, that certainly deterred attacks in LoT.

I was alternating between LoT qnd the subs, thats why you see me climbing up so slowly qnd then at 1 min left, I checked and you were still shielded. Should have gone and tried to put a bigger gap there instead of securing my place in PVE subs. Gratz on the win icon_e_wink.gif
  • I was just attacked for a loss of -0. I've never seen that before.

I'm sure once I got a win that ended up at +0 points. Wasn't impressed with that one.
  • Vairelome wrote:
    Y'all got any more of them fishnet covers...?)

Ugh, I feel like I throw away at least one purple obw every week just from lightning round standard token pulls.

So do I, but the worst part is I have ZERO black obw covers. That's right, my OBW has been sitting at 3/5/0 for ages and I've probably pulled a half dozen purple covers for her since then icon_evil.gif
  • miucat wrote:

Nicely played, sir. Must have been the first time I'm described as a 'a player with end game roster' though I got lucky with fat Thor and managed to have him at 95 unbuffed, that certainly deterred attacks in LoT.

I was alternating between LoT qnd the subs, thats why you see me climbing up so slowly qnd then at 1 min left, I checked and you were still shielded. Should have gone and tried to put a bigger gap there instead of securing my place in PVE subs. Gratz on the win icon_e_wink.gif

Thank you for the kind words, Micuat!

From my perspective, looking your roster, I see a 5 Blue Spidey and a 5 Blue CMags, and a nearly max-level Patch on the front page. To me, that is pretty much end-game material, even if they are not all 141s yet. In any rate, the answer to the question "Could this person easily hit 900 if they wanted to?", is likely "Yes".

The whole experience (from my perspective), was that of a 80's horror movie. Me, (the "victim"), is throwing everything humanly possible in the path the assailant, but to little to no avail. Slowly and methodically, you mow through the competition, as if they were not even there at all. Nothing stops you, the aura of dread you are emanating, fills all. The "victim" knows that they are powerless to stop your ascent. The victim is given their plight all the effort they can muster, but it is not enough.

In a field of locked down and shielded players, your slow march to the top signaled what should have happened at the end. In a "fair" fight, I should not have had any real chance to prevail over you in the tourney. As you mentioned, the only "mistake" that was committed was leaving enough of a window that I could sneak in a last second win. If you had spaced out a 20-30 point lead, I likely would not of tried, or would have been forced to show my hand early enough for you to play a sufficient defensive battle to thwart any last second maneuvering. Instead, with just a 10 point lead, I determined that the gamble was worth the risk and gave up one of the Simulator subs for a last second gambit. Honestly, with the general lack of high-end players in the Thor tourney, many of the mid-range players crept to around 750ish, which gave me a 17-18 point fight that was relatively easy that I normally would never have access to at a score of 850.

Although the events in real life played out much differently than initially perceived (at least by me), I appreciate the thrilling ending. We will have to play our best poker faces at each other at the top of the bracket again in the future!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry for bumping it, but Is this thread staying near the top of the list despite not having new posts for anyone else?
  • Spoit wrote:
    Sorry for bumping it, but Is this thread staying near the top of the list despite not having new posts for anyone else?

It's stickied, hence the different symbol beside the post.