***** Ultron (Age of Ultron) *****

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    He wouldn't be the first pick to stun, so even if he was immune it wouldn't make much of a difference. In his supposed teams you would rather stun polaris, brb, knull, or kitty first. Paired with R4G you would stun him, but other than that there's no reason to stun him first. When strike tiles are cleared from the board he isn't much of a threat at all.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Knull
    Ultron
    Dark Beast

i like this team
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    wymtime said:
    For everyone hating on Ultrons red it is pretty on par with many 5*.  

JJ gives one more strike tile an a little more damage for 9AP. 

Carnage for 6AP does 9K damage but also does self team damage

Hela for 9AP gives 4 strike tiles only slightly better than Ultron.

it might not be Apocalypse or IHulk level red but it is not bad.  Plus you will be able to get out a lot of very strong strike tiles if you pairing him with a strike tile producer making his red do a lot of extra damage
    Those other characters are unusable trash because they're not as good as the 3 or 4 good characters. 

If Ultron isn't at least as good as Apocalypse or Hulk, he is also unusable trash.
    With boosted 5* it is not about 3-4 good characters it is about is the boosted character useful.  Ultron will be useful when boosted
    This just isn't true.  I wish it was.

An Ultron boosted to 550 will be about as good as a 450 Apocalypse.
    An Ultron boosted will get more play in PVP than an un boosted Apocalypse.  Any 2nd tier 5* gets played more in PVP when boosted.  SW/Colossus would be the PVP meta if there were no boosted characters.  Now with Boosted 5* there are typically one to 2 5* that will be played in PVP over the regular meta.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    wymtime said:
    wymtime said:

it might not be Apocalypse or IHulk level red but it is not bad.  Plus you will be able to get out a lot of very strong strike tiles if you pairing him with a strike tile producer making his red do a lot of extra damage
    Those other characters are unusable trash because they're not as good as the 3 or 4 good characters. 

If Ultron isn't at least as good as Apocalypse or Hulk, he is also unusable trash.
    With boosted 5* it is not about 3-4 good characters it is about is the boosted character useful.  Ultron will be useful when boosted

An Ultron boosted will get more play in PVP than an un boosted Apocalypse.  Any 2nd tier 5* gets played more in PVP when boosted.  SW/Colossus would be the PVP meta if there were no boosted characters.  Now with Boosted 5* there are typically one to 2 5* that will be played in PVP over the regular meta.
    It was this way for awhile but it's not now (for me, anyway), unless one of the best few characters is boosted.  People tried using the boosted characters but seem to be back to running meta teams.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's more likely they don't have a lot of champed 5*, that's why they are using their other better options.  In most boost weeks, I have only or two champed. In week 17 boost list, I have 0 champed. 
  • entrailbucket
    It's more likely they don't have a lot of champed 5*, that's why they are using their other better options.  In most boost weeks, I have only or two champed. In week 17 boost list, I have 0 champed. 
    That's exactly it.  The players I get matched with generally have Okoye or SW/Colossus/Knull at 550 and everyone else at 450 or below.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited September 2021
    Your mmr is different from most of the players here because you have multiple 550 5* while most here have baby champed 5* to < lvl500 champed 5*. That's why you are getting matched with 550 rosters. I supposed you benefitted from your vintage 550 in the past, but they couldn't handle the 550 5* of the new era very well.

It just proves that staying at the top is harder than getting there, and mmr is working well. 

• entrailbucket
    I was just reporting what I see: few, if any, boosted 5*.

I actually didn't have any 550s until several months ago.  I've been pulling classics continuously for 5 or 6 years so they all tend to grow evenly.

Anyway, I guess you're right, it's just power creep!   Other players should have no problem taking on super old Classics like Okoye and Apocalypse if they use newer Latest Legends like Odin or Ultron.
  • wymtime
    Awymtime said:
    wymtime said:
    wymtime said:

It was this way for awhile but it's not now (for me, anyway), unless one of the best few characters is boosted.  People tried using the boosted characters but seem to be back to running meta teams.
    Amazingly enough I still saw a lot of BB and even some GR in PVP not just Okoye in Web 2.0.  Last week boost for PVP was cap only and combined arms.  Boosted 5* get played in PVP.  You might not choose to do it but they get played.  
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    Awymtime said:
    wymtime said:
    wymtime said:

Amazingly enough I still saw a lot of BB and even some GR in PVP not just Okoye in Web 2.0.  Last week boost for PVP was cap only and combined arms.  Boosted 5* get played in PVP.  You might not choose to do it but they get played.  

It just depends on the character and also the required, in some rare cases. It might've been interesting to see if people used a boosted Parker had he been boosted during Web 2.0. With Miles flooding the board with web tiles and hiding, Parker's boosted green and red would probably hit like a truck. It would be nice if they put that kind of thought into it.
    I don't look at Ultron as particularly viable boosted, but maybe I'm wrong. Like I said before, a double-dip from him and Kitty might get ugly, especially if they are both boosted. He might also be fun to play boosted with Hela, since she's got a nice buff when you down an enemy. But if he doesn't have a good duo partner that week, he's definitely not one you're gonna force.
  • entrailbucket
    edited September 2021
    wymtime said:
    Awymtime said:
    wymtime said:
    wymtime said:

I...do choose to do it!  I run all the old guys at obscene levels against the meta teams.  But nobody else is using them, which is what I said.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Entrail, your problem is 2-fold. Your MMR is skewed with certain of your 5* being 550 AND not all 5* are created equal. 
    We talked about the second part quite a lot so I won’t dwell on it again. 
    For the MMR, I think there’s a lot of scope for D3 to fine tune it so that players at your MMR have a better experience. 
    At my baby champ MMR level, I have a wide selection of teams to choose from, especially with the boosted 5*. It’s been a more pleasant experience for me. For your case I can imagine it being much worse since you only have a few 550, and it doesn’t match up to those with the newer 5*.
  • entrailbucket
    atomzed said:
    Entrail, your problem is 2-fold. Your MMR is skewed with certain of your 5* being 550 AND not all 5* are created equal. 
    We talked about the second part quite a lot so I won’t dwell on it again. 
    For the MMR, I think there’s a lot of scope for D3 to fine tune it so that players at your MMR have a better experience. 
    At my baby champ MMR level, I have a wide selection of teams to choose from, especially with the boosted 5*. It’s been a more pleasant experience for me. For your case I can imagine it being much worse since you only have a few 550, and it doesn’t match up to those with the newer 5*.
    Yeah, I'm not reporting a problem, I'm describing what I see.  What I see is meta teams, not boosted 5*. 

I have no problem utterly demolishing these teams using various ridiculously high-level old characters.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,908 Chairperson of the Boards
    **Mod note: Please keep comments respectful and on topic. Thank you.
  • wymtime
    Borstock said:
    wymtime said:
    Awymtime said:
    wymtime said:
    wymtime said:

It just depends on the character and also the required, in some rare cases. It might've been interesting to see if people used a boosted Parker had he been boosted during Web 2.0. With Miles flooding the board with web tiles and hiding, Parker's boosted green and red would probably hit like a truck. It would be nice if they put that kind of thought into it.
    I don't look at Ultron as particularly viable boosted, but maybe I'm wrong. Like I said before, a double-dip from him and Kitty might get ugly, especially if they are both boosted. He might also be fun to play boosted with Hela, since she's got a nice buff when you down an enemy. But if he doesn't have a good duo partner that week, he's definitely not one you're gonna force.
    And this has been my whole point.  If he has another 5* who can provide special tiles he can be useful when boosted.  The Meta is no longer just 2 5*.  The meta is are the boosted 5* good enough to play when boosted.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Ultron is brittys best partner, much better than polaris.
    How are people not seeing this?
    Britty and ultron would wreck any team in shield
  • HoundofShadow
    You need someone to create a strike tile for him, unless you want to collect 7 red aps.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Anyone beaten the day 5 node with the loaners (CM, Beast, Thor) and no boosts?
    I tried something like 10 times and twice got him down to where the next turn I would have won but he killed me first. The other 8 he obliterated the loaner team because he could NOT stop lucking into match 5's which carved about 1/2 health off a character or more and of course all 3 characters are utter garbage (CM in particular is a poor choice due to her Black being worse than useless to fire).
    Once I got annoyed I switched to Polaris/Grocket/Medusa it took <12 moves (of course he lucked into yet another critical during that time).
    Since we can't stun on these test nodes the least they could do is set the AI critical damage to 1x to even it up.
    KGB
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    I tried it once with the loaners, quit out pretty quick after first two dropped out after a couple of turns. Returned with a normal team to cruise through it.

would be interesting to know if it is at all doable with the loan team
  • HoundofShadow
    edited September 2021
    Use the loaner in the following order:

Carol/Beast/Thor

The strategy is simply to play defensively.
    Using this setup, Beast tanks yellow, green and blue, while Carol tanks Red and Black. 

Gather 6 blue as soon as you can, then match red or yellow. Ultron's top 3 colours will trigger Carol's passive, which nets you 5 red and 3 black aps. 

When you have 24 red aps, fire Thor's red thrice to create yellow tiles. Fire Beast's blue followed by his yellow.  You will repeat this a few times. Never fire Carol's black even when you have 30 of them because you are helping Ultron. You fire it when you will be able to down him in the next couple turns. Also, when someone is about to get stunned, always let Beast get stunned.