Edit deck [Can't reproduce]

Julie71
Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
Some times the edit option for decks is missing. Now this is an easy fix.  Exit completely out of the game. Re: restart your game.
@Oktagon_Support

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello @Julie71 ,

Thank you for the information provided, this issue will be investigated!

Rebeca

• Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    No amount of restarting the app is allowing me to edit my additional decks. The option to remove cards just isn’t there nor can I delete the deck within that area. 
    The only thing I can do is copy the deck as an event deck then I can change as usual.

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    I don't know if it works every time, but the last time I had this issue while I was in the edit deck screen I edited the deck name (just hit enter, no changes) and then saved the deck and I was able to edit it after that.
  • ingroguham
    ingroguham Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Yeah this is a really annoying problem. Finally got a mox ruby, can't add it to any of my decks. Definitely been playing less since this has been an issue. 
  • stikxs
    When this issue occurs if you are viewing a PW and tap on an empty deck slot to create a new one and you hit autofill, it will put one card in the deck and stop but you cannot change from the deck tab to the library tab and you can't cancel making a deck. When this happens the only solution is to force close the app.This is a super annoying app failure to run into as often as it occurs...
  • stikxs
    I noticed this too. I think I've only seen it once, but nothing worked until closing the app completely.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi guys, I'm sorry to bring you bad news but our team couldn't reproduce the problem 😔
    Can you guys who are still having this problem please send me the UID number in a private message? Also, if possible, please let me know the sequence of steps you did in the app before the problem happened. Since we still don't know what might be causing the problem, all information is important.
    I apologize for all the trouble that this problem is causing and for the delay in solving it and I really appreciate all your help.
    Rebeca
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2021
    I just had this issue yesterday. It happens randomly when you are trying to edit your deck. In my case, I wanted to edit a deck in one of Kaya's deck slots. The edit screen opens, but the checkmarks below the 10 individual cards are gone, so you can not remove the cards from your deck to replace them with other ones.

I have to restart the game / app before I can make changes to the deck.
  • KingGrace
    KingGrace Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    This is happening to me as well. Not sure why. No restarts or name changes bring the boxes back.
  • KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Hi

The technical reason for this is due to the "disconnect" that happens when we suspend the game and don't open it for a good while, i have yet to discern if just clicking on the home button to initiate the reconnect/login activity fixes the issue or if a restart of the whole app is required to fix it.

It is however 100% sure that closing the app entirely and wiping it from memory and the starting it again fixes it.

/Kris
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    I'm not a betting man, but I would be willing to wager that this is a device-specific scenario.
    This bug used to plague me on my phone all the time.
    But....
    Ever since Oktagon instituted Google Play login, I was able to install the app in BlueStacks and play it there using my account.
    It was a Night and Day experience compared to my phone, which I now seldom use to play this game.
    Issues that irritated the <bleep> out of me are near non-existent in the emulator.
    It isn't perfect yet, sometimes Google Play logs me out randomly (another issue for another time).
    If developers and testers are using BlueStacks, this could be why they were not able to reproduce the scenario.
  • stikxs
    Still running into this occasionally. In my experience there have been 2 different variations of being unable to edit my deck.
    The first starts with me going to edit a deck and when I hit the edit button it switches into edit mode but none of the cards have the checkbox to remove the card from the deck. Then I hit the cancel button and it goes back to the normal deck view where I can hit the rename deck button and save the name. After saving the deck name I can hit the edit deck button again and it will work right after that.
    The other variation is that when I hit the edit deck button and it goes into edit mode, all the cards do show the checkbox for removing them but tapping the boxes to uncheck/remove the card does nothing. When this happens simply renaming the deck doesn't work and force closing the app is the only way to get it working again.
    I just ran into the 2nd variation; I started the game, opened the free 6hr basic booster, watched an ad, played 3 matches in Fblthp event, bought Tiamat from Fblthp store, payed 20 crystals to unlock the ZE event, picked a pw and tried to edit one of their decks but was unable to.
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    This bug still happens
    stikxs said:
    I don't know if it works every time, but the last time I had this issue while I was in the edit deck screen I edited the deck name (just hit enter, no changes) and then saved the deck and I was able to edit it after that.
    This only works sometimes

• Janosik
    This bug still active
  • Janosik
    This bug still active
  • Anonymous2112
    Anonymous2112 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    This issue is definitely erratic, but the most recent occurrence of this issue happening to me was when I was selecting Planeswalkers/decks for the "Fate is Rarely Fair" event (currently running as of Apr. 4,  2022).  The conditions where it occurred for me was at the very start of the event - nodes have not been assigned a Planeswalker - and I chose to use the "Vital Force" Nissa (not sure which number she is).  Anyway, instead of creating an event deck, I opted to edit the deck I already had in place.  This is when the "edit bug" re-occurred and I could not change cards after hitting "Edit".  I closed the edit view, opened the deck up and selected "Rename".  Made no changes to the name and saved the name.  Then I selected the "edit" option again and I was then able to make changes.

So, to summarize the reproduction of this issue in the Fate is Rarely Fair event:
    1)  Select a Planeswalker on an open node.
    2)  Select a pre-existing custom deck.  (Not an event deck.)
    3)  Select "Edit".

At this point, you should be in deck edit mode, but unable to make any changes.

I should note that after running into this bug and "fixing it" using the method noted above, I cannot reproduce the problem on any of the nodes.  All nodes have been assigned a Planeswalker and decks.

Hope this helps.
  • stikxs
    edited April 2022
    Got a video now of the issue now @Oktagon_Support
    I think I have 2 days in a row of this being repeatable now, but only at my first login of the day (I think the free pack and/or ad may have something to do with it, leaning towards the ad as we never had this issue before they showed up to my knowledge). What I did was:

Start Bluestacks
    Start MTGPQ
    Go to the vault and open the free booster
    Go to the purchase PW tab
    Go to the purchase packs tab
    Go to my PW list/collection
    Select a PW
    Select a deck
    Edit deck

edit: Something else I just noticed (since I've run into this twice today already), when you edit the deck and this occurs and you tap the cancel button it doesn't give you the usual "are you sure you want to cancel editing?" popup. Not sure if that helps in pinpointing what ui state flag gets messed up or not.
  • stikxs
    The bug tracker thread said this was fixed in 5.7, but the release notes did not mention any bug fixes, and it 100% wasn't fixed in the current build.
  • stikxs
    Made another video of this, still a thing  @Oktagon_Support
    It actually shows both variants of the bug at one time. At first I can't select/deselect cards, so I edit the deck name and that brings the checkboxes back, but then I can't actually add cards and that part requires a force close to fix.

To do this I simply started the game, watched the 7 hour ad, and then went to the PW list. The video starts after the ad, I was recording before then but the ad that was shown made bluestacks switch to landscape orientation and made the recording stop. I want to say the deck edit (and I think the hand edit) issues didn't appear until the update that brought ad watching to the game.

• stikxs
    edited August 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNXUL0QpZpc This was recorded on a S9+, not bluestacks this time.

Pretty sure the watch ad feature is a large part of this issue. Recently I've been logging in and watching the ad then force closing the game and restarting it and the issue hardly happens when doing that.

@Oktagon_Support Can they dig a little deeper?