Puzzle Gauntlet tug of war

Hellblazer666
Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
edited September 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
Not a fan of this tug of war nonsense on the knull Carnage one whenever you match a tug of war knull matches right back to him literally instantly.

(Beat Legion that was Easy)

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I've never completed a puzzle gauntlet this fast. Surely there are some annoying nodes, but overall very doable. My only complaint is I got 4 duplicate 3* Wong (over 2 accounts).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the legion one, you have to match some OTHER special tile to flip the single tug-o-war tile. Let him make some tiles for  you, or bring a team put that does it, or bring maybe Wiccan to add his yellows to the board?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Legion one you need to match any special tile, but do any of the available characters make one??

Somehow you need to make a tile, then match the tile all in 3 turns as the damage is bigger than all of the characters.  Not sure on the approach for this one.

I used 5 Switch & Gamora on the first top one - used Switch to make blue to keep other team stunned and Gamora could fire power frequently to keep the tile mine.  

The Carnage one was easy, he didn't match any time to steal back.  

Neat twist on the puzzle stuff - like having to think through options and lesser used characters
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Legion one isn't too hard. Legion will make a tile at some point. Match that one and you most probably win. If you can't get the match in 3 turns, retreat. Since you don't receive match damage, a retreat isn't a big deal.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can always equip supports like the popular Chewie to make special tiles for you, or whatever support that has a higher chance of creating special tile. 

The Carbage node is a little challenging but you can complete the task with any essential characters.

This is something new and I appreciate them coming up with new puzzles. Tug-O-War is refreshing. This reminds me of the original incarnation of Fight for Wakanda somehow.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Always forget about using supports.  Added Carol's communicator meant I started with protect tiles.   Easy peasy the 2nd time.
  • Hellblazer666
    edited September 2021
    I beat Legion finally that one was easy once I figured out what to do
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wiccan was clutch for the Legion node.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Not a fan of this tug of war nonsense on the knull Carnage one whenever you match a tug of war knull matches right back to him literally instantly.

(Beat Legion that was Easy)
    I can’t beat Carbage either. All of my characters are dead because he ALWAYS matches one passively and then they all go off on me and kill me. 

This one is going to take a lot of luck. 

Aside from this node, I enjoyed this PG. 
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    The biggest problem is the 1v1 node limiting characters. I lost 4 straight matches simply because the tug of war tile was in an unmatchable location to start and the damage done wipes out even my max 370 Wiccan and XFW. When Retreating and restarting is a better option, it's not as much fun.
  • Hellblazer666
    bowla33 said:
    The biggest problem is the 1v1 node limiting characters. I lost 4 straight matches simply because the tug of war tile was in an unmatchable location to start and the damage done wipes out even my max 370 Wiccan and XFW. When Retreating and restarting is a better option, it's not as much fun.
    I just beat Carnage you just gotta try and match a ton of tug a war tiles when they are down to 1 and hope he can't match them
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love this PG.
    I hope there could be new content featuring concepts like this tug of war.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fun. A little slow and slightly RNG dependent but most definitely fun. Luckily I have a week to get progression 
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    I thought this was really neat, required a fair bit more thought and board management than other PGs.
  • Hellblazer666
    the first nodes were easy. Though the critical tile one was pissing me off cause Karnak/Hawkeye were matching the tug of war tile away every time I had it ready to go off. I finally won that one
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I'm really happy with this puzzle gauntlet. it was significantly different than anything else.

good on them.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Gamora on every node but the solo ones. Her dual stun was incredibly useful to make sure the enemy did not get a turn when the tug of war count downs were down to 1. IM40 makes a nice partner to generate a ton of blue for her stun. The 3rd all depends on what the criteria is for the tug of war tile.
    I died one time on the Carnage node when he flipped everything at the last minute and I couldn't flip back. But the next replay I won by careful board management and some luck. I used 3* Hulk both times but never actually fired any powers or had his passive go off so he wasn't critical to winning.
    I also enjoyed this puzzle gauntlet. Easily the most fun one yet.
    KGB
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2021
    The Carnage node was a toss coin. My first try with 4* Logan, I failed miserably, my second one with 3* GSBW was easy as pie.
    The Legion one was easy, not even worth mentioning.

I still don't have any luck with those support drops though. At least this time I had some fun through the nodes lol.