***** Ultron (Age of Ultron) *****

Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited December 2021 in Character Details

Ultron (Age of Ultron)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Villains

"First discovered as a simple computer program, the being known as Ultron soon completed its development into a sophisticated artificial intelligence after some experimentation by Tony Stark. Ultron's first shocking ultimatum upon gaining consciousness was to declare the human race its enemy. With an army of robotic drones and the ability to enter and corrupt any computer network, Ultron will stop at nothing to see humanity wiped out."
(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
18774 Health / 75462 Health
 27 | 193 | 248 | 30 | 32 | 220 | 123 | 4.5x
 107 | 772 | 992 | 116 | 126 | 882 | 491 | 4.5x

Hive Mind -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Ultron's consciousness spreads to any nearby electronic systems. Each turn, if there are 5 or fewer friendly Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles on the board, Ultron converts a basic tile adjacent to one of these tiles to a strength 111 tile of the same type. If there are more than 5 tiles, he improves a random one by 111. (Max level 447 strength)
  • Level 2: Creates a tile of Strength 128 or improves one by that amount. (Max level 514 Strength)
  • Level 3: Creates a tile of Strength 148 or improves one by that amount. (Max level 595 Strength)
  • Level 4: Creates a tile of Strength 181 or improves one by that amount. (Max level 729 Strength)
  • Level 5: Creates a tile of Strength 255 or improves one by that amount. (Max level 1028 Strength)
Gravitational Force - 8  AP
Ultron manipulates gravity to force even his strongest foes to bow down before him. Creates a 2-turn Black Countdown tile that destroys 1 AP in the target's strongest color each turn and stuns them for 1 turn(s) when it expires.
  • Level 2: Stuns the enemy for 2 turns.
  • Level 3: Creates a Fortified Countdown tile.
  • Level 4: Destroys 2 AP in the enemy's strongest color.
  • Level 5: Destroys 3 AP in the enemy's strongest color.
Energy Beams - 7  AP
Ultron fires intense energy beams from his Vibranium fingertips. Deal 1523 damage. If there are at least 6 friendly Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles on the board, this damage cannot be reduced. Then create 2 Strike tiles of strength 91. (Max level 6123 damage, 364 strength)
  • Level 2: Deals 1767 damage. (Max level 7103 damage)
  • Level 3: Damage can't be reduced if there are at least 5 tiles on the board. Creates 3 Strike tiles.
  • Level 4: Deals 1889 damage. Creates Strike tiles of strength 96. (Max level 7593 damage, 382 strength)
  • Level 5: Deals 2102 damage that can't be reduced if there are at least 4 tiles on the board. Creates 4 Strike tiles of strength 104. (Max level 8450 damage, strength 415)

Release Schedule

Store Offerings

Unyielding Ultron Cover Store - Sept 23-Oct 3

• Chance to get Ultron (Age of Ultron). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Ultron Limited Vault - Sept 30-Oct 5

• 40 Items

• 1x God Complex Legendary Store Token

• 1x 4-Star Kate Pryde (Marauders) cover

• 3x Random 3-Star covers

• 6x Heroic tokens

• 4x 2500 Iso

• 6x 1000 Iso

• 5x 500 Iso

• 14x Two stars

God Complex Legendary Store - Sept 30-Oct 5

• 15% chance to get Ultron (Age of Ultron), Loki (God of Mischief), Magneto (Age of Apocalypse)

• Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Release Debut:

The Hunt - Sept 23-28

• Ultron (Age of Ultron) in placement rewards

Introducing… Ultron - Sept 23-30

Featured Event:

Lost in Time - Sept 27-Oct 1

• Ultron (Age of Ultron) as a progression reward

Versus Tournaments:

Web 2.0 (Miles Morales) - Sept 23-27

• Ultron (Age of Ultron) shards as a placement reward

Peace in Our Time - Sept 26-29

• Rewards tokens to the Unyielding Ultron cover store

Comments

• san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2021
    5* Hulkbuster?

*Edit - I just saw the villains affiliation, so not hulkbuster. Anyone else with ideas?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    This character's abilities at a quick glance are underwhelming. The only interesting ability is red, which is a new ability in the game. It smells like anti-5Witch and 5PX. 

When I read the first ability, I thought he's going to have some ability that destroys the row with friendly SAP tiles, but there's nothing related to it. It reads like you need at least one of those SAP tiles on the board, else this ability will do nothing. It looks good with Knull, BRB and/or Polaris though.

His black ability looks like a 2-turn cd that stuns opponent for 4 turns and destroys 5 or 6 enemy strongest colour ap.

His red ability will receive the immunity from power damage reduction with 3 or 4 friendly sap tiles. And it looks like it can create 5 strike tiles. Damage looks to between 18k-20k

My conclusion is that this character is created to be 2-in-1: anti-5Witch and Colossus. If you don't have these two champed and find them a pain, this is the character you want to get hold of if you don't have good alternative. 

Ronan, Knull and this guy is going to make Kitty run around the globe. How do you even catch up, unless you are using Morbius?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Underwhelming strike tile based abilities? Could it be a 5* Emma Frost? I’ll wait till the numbers appear to judge, but it feels like an alternate flavor of Knull a little bit.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I care about are the words "cannot be reduced."

More of these with better damage than "low," please!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    His Blue power looks like Boss Ultron's power. The rest of the powers sort of fit with Ultron too including the Red being sorta similar to Boss Ultrons Energy Beam Red and obviously Ultron is a villain.
    Not sure if he is destined to rule though so that part doesn't fit but the rest does.
    KGB
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's basically Ultron Prime.

Not Boss Ultron, the one seen in "Avengers vs Ultron" with the dropping bomb mechanic.

The other one, that we see in nodes in story missions sometimes, like in Strange Sights in the sub where Ultron Drones have taken over with the Doombots.

Blue (Hive Mind) is basically the same, but it stops making tiles and starts buffing them when a threshold is reached, and doesn't have the Stun Immunity passive.

Black (Gravitational Force) is basically the same, but it's cheaper, creates one tile, that tile is fortified, and presumably has a better stun and AP destruction at max covers.

Red (Energy Beams) is completely different. Ultron Prime does team damage. This version's red works better with his blue, and the overall game meta (with people like Wanda and Colossus mitigating damage).

Here's hoping for some comic-based artwork! Or at least a costume (that doesn't cost $75...) in the near future.
  • HoundofShadow
    Typically, passively created SAP tiles at the start of the turn without difficult condition(s) have strengths of high 200 and low 300, like 290-320. Buff-wise, it's low 600. Created ones are between mid 400 to low 500. An additional ~2200 strike damage on your 3rd/4th turn (paired with Knull) doesn't look game-changing. After the 4th/5th turn, the damage increases by another 600, provided that you can protect those Strike tiles. Unless the dev decided to pull a power creep on the strength of SAP tiles, else I wouldn't put my hope too high on those strike tiles or protect and attack tiles being 500-800 strength.

Carbage could be fun with this guy as well. Carbage, Ronan&Knull, BRB looks like fun partners with this character. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Looks like Ultron. 

I wish his black power wasn’t a CD. We’ll see how targetable it is. 

The red sounds great. Edit* although….. it does sound like he does the damage and “then” creates the strike tiles. So the red isn’t gonna get boosted by the strikes he creates 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    A character piercing throghout damage reduction. I love it, now things seem more balanced.
    It seems to boost a bit good ol' kitty.
    It's needed to see the numbers as always.
    However electro, PX, and SW have low health. A power dealing low damage, but boosted by special tiles and other multiplier very well could almost kill them.
    Then there is colossus who reduces the damage from strike tiles but has huge health. This one could eat a good smash too, depending on the tiles strenght.
    His black power could be great on pve.
    He could sign in to an unique team until now: apocalypse and kitty.
    Now what I would like to see is 5*s and 4*s developing a viable and powerful anti special tiles meta.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like he could be partnered up with knull and maybe electro. They only share the black and the strike tile stuff seems to be complimentary.
    He's got pretty good health and a stun on black is great.
    We will see the numbers in a few days, but I think his build might be 445.
  • ImmortalZodd
    ImmortalZodd Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    My guess is Gamora as Thanos (What If)- got her colors, plus there's stuns and tile generation.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    5 stars stunner, could be good.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    The phrase "Destined to rule..." plus blue, black and red powers that give this character an aura of one obsessed with power and oppression lead me to think it might be Sebastian Shaw, however, Mutants is not included in the affiliation. So, I'm out of ideas. I guess I'll jump on the Ultron bandwagon?
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Add this to Odin and Shang Chi in a month.  Might be a really great trio to target.  All three have unique mechanics.
  • HoundofShadow
    I forgot about BRB/Polaris/Kitty. It seems like this character is the anti-meta:

1) 5PX
    2) Kitty/BRB/Polaris
    3) 5Witch/Colossus
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Seems to have good synergy with BRB and Kitty. Especially with strike tiles created on red. I’m guessing 5/3/5 will be the preferred build.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    in the 5* tier that blue power will go great with BRB, or Knull.

With Knull this character will speed up getting special tiles on the board allowing Knull to do more damage.

BRB more protect tiles to match to allow BRB to do massive damage and this character black and red complements BRB Blue and Green.

Just being able to complement other characters will make this character decent.  Add them to 1/2 health DD, Carnage, OMD, JJ, OML, etc.  depending on the power of that red they could be really good
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is Gamora as Thanos (What If)- got her colors, plus there's stuns and tile generation.
    Was thinking of a what if villian as well. The collector? Don’t think Hank Pym yellow jacket fits, nor does killmonger. Would dark Dr Strange or zombie Wanda be considered? Unless it’s a villian for a future episode
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Add this to Odin and Shang Chi in a month.  Might be a really great trio to target.  All three have unique mechanics.
    I haven’t seen a single Odin in the game since his pvp event.

I will pull for Shang, this release and then the next. I was going to go for Odin but I’ve literally seen no one use him. I think that is quite telling?
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    A quick search for "What if...' and Ultron shows an interesting image from a promotional poster last Summer....