Boss Venom's Infinite Stealth

Options
Borstock
Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
I'm sure someone else has probably had this happen before, but it's new to me. In the Sinister Six event, Boss Venom only becomes visible after he gets 6 invisibility tiles on the board. I brought Gritty+Polaris, so I had the board flooded with special tiles to the point where it was impossible for Venom to ever get that many on the board. I also couldn't get Grockett's green down to hit him with AoE.
By the time I cleared his final invisibility tile, I had 30 of all AP and 88k/27k attack and strike tiles respectively.
Made a dent in the matches milestone, I guess.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where you went wrong was not running Hulkoye I guess lol. That's an interesting bug though.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    I'm sure someone else has probably had this happen before, but it's new to me. In the Sinister Six event, Boss Venom only becomes visible after he gets 6 invisibility tiles on the board. I brought Gritty+Polaris, so I had the board flooded with special tiles to the point where it was impossible for Venom to ever get that many on the board. I also couldn't get Grockett's green down to hit him with AoE.
    By the time I cleared his final invisibility tile, I had 30 of all AP and 88k/27k attack and strike tiles respectively.
    Juggernaut’s AoE works if you can spam that many strike tiles
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Whenever I get to Venom, I try not to match my specials. If the board is already full, focus on matching TUs and hope purples fall. It doesn’t usually take me too long to get past him and I usually run the same team. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm thankful for the tips, but this wasn't really about me asking what to do to counter this problem as much as it was me just pointing out a funny little thing that happened.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Always happens to me on the first fight of Sinister Six - i forget about Ock & Venom - show up with no tools to deal with them and it takes forever.  Then I remember and it's plain sailing.  TA Hulk for Ock and any AOE for Venom
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had the same thing happen. Took forever to match away the three Invis tiles on the board. One match at a time, trying to force cascades that would maybe get lucky and create more purple on that side of the board so I could remove them naturally. Funny complication for an old boss against the newer meta.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dr Ock is the worst of the lot. I brought Polaris/Kate Pryde/R4G into one of the wave nodes in Round 1 because I'm basically one-shot every member until Dr Ock stepped in. He stopped me dead in my track. I have neither ability nor teamup that can destroy chosen tiles and his tiles
     are counting down with each move I made. Thankfully, a match-4 destroyed his tile. I know you can see who are in wave nodes but it's Round 1. It's like playing Prologue.  :D
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cho can punch Ock's tile and instakill him.  For some reason he's always boosted for this event -- I always bring him for Ock.

I already regret asking this question, but why are people bringing Polaris to a fight where the enemies have like 2000 health?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I can't speak for others and I used Polaris because she can one-shot everything with R4G. Of course, there are a lot of 5* characters I could use to one-shot them. Probably I just like seeing R4G because they are cute. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like bring Juggs with Grocket if they have 2000 health, but often I’m too lazy to change out Polaris with the essential characters.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Knull ignores Venom’s invisibility, so he clears all 1v1 battles in the Sin6.  For Doc I use Quake to destroy select colors and reshape the board for unmatchable targets . Or if I was lazy I’d just toss Okoye’s spear at the 20 to activate InstaKill
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bring Col5 and Morbius now, morbius make quick work of all the specials. If I can't reach something then use col5 black followed by morbius blue.
    I used to take totally awesome hulk to just punch doc ocks special
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vulture set to 5/4/4 is historically the MVP of this alliance event, but I’ve just been powering through with Hulkoye + Profe$$or X. If I need to clear a specific tile I’ll use X’s purple on a blue tile in it’s row.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty destroys Ocks tiles one by one while you chase AP to knock him out after the last is gone.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are you really matching venom's invisibility?
    I always let him do his show as he deals low damage, and after his performance is done it's my clobbering time.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I too ignore his invisitiles and the tip above with Knull makes it a breeze.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I used to try clearing his invisibility tiles as well and then one way was like screw it I'll just eat his nuke and bury him.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bad said:
    Are you really matching venom's invisibility?
    I always let him do his show as he deals low damage, and after his performance is done it's my clobbering time.
    If Venom is first up, I’ll match his tiles because it gains me a lot of AP for the 2nd and 3rd battles . I can launch Medusa a few times if necessary.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited September 2021
    Options
    One good thing about Venom is that if he appears before Dr Ock, you can use the time to collect aps to destroy his countdown tile the moment he enters the battle.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Related, if Doc Oct comes in and there are no basic tiles, he just stuns himself.