General Forums Contest Chatter (9/16/21)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited September 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
Please keep all chatter about the contest to this thread.  No submissions from the September Forums Contest will be accepted via this thread.

Thank you!

Find September Forums Contest HERE to submit your answer.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m probably wrong on my guesses. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    @LakeStone
    I posted in the contest thread as well, but what is the timeframe on this?  Since the character was introduced?  The last calendar year? etc.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even though the answer to all of these is probably Okoye, I went ahead and used at least a bit of nuance in mine lol.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    Even though the answer to all of these is probably Okoye, I went ahead and used at least a bit of nuance in mine lol.

And ya wrote Okoye twice but Its stated each partner is unique.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I mean, they can say that, but I think we all know lol
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, they can say that, but I think we all know lol
    Oh, I'm sure the answer isn't Okoye for all of them!

...some of them have to be Polaris.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I wonder if any are Bishop?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I wonder which Ghost Rider that is? I assumed Robbie Reyes due to the theme, but Johnny Blaze has been around a lot longer
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    I wonder which Ghost Rider that is? I assumed Robbie Reyes due to the theme, but Johnny Blaze has been around a lot longer
    *edit, I'm as wrong as I usually am ;)*

Hmmm, considering the partner version doesn't matter, I think they're counting 4 and 5* Rider.  They're both named "Ghost Rider" so since you can't run them at the same time, I'm just guessing that they pull "Ghost Rider" data from their database versus pulling just Reyes or Blaze.  
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    edited September 2021
    In this case, we just mean Robbie Reyes because this trivia is for Hispanic Heritage Month. You're right in that the pairings are otherwise variant agnostic.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    He and Nova are the wildcards to me. I almost never see Nova get run, and have never myself had a use for him. I also sometimes feel like I’m the only one who runs Ghost Rider since he was my first 5* lol. I must account for like 1-2% of all his appearances…
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    In this case, we just mean Robbie Reyes because this trivia is for Hispanic Heritage Month. You're right in that the pairings are otherwise variant agnostic.
    Time to edit my answer then...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nova's partner is the most difficuult to guess followed by Ghost Rider's.

Miles Morales and Spiderman-2099 can be tricky.

America Chavez is probably the most straightforward.

I remembering seeing Nova with only Mindless Ones.  :D
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    IceIX said:
    So the rewards for winning include 5* covers?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Chavez I’m questioning some now too…she is several years old. When launched she used to get run a bunch with Mockingbird, but she pairs well with basically any 5*. I suppose it’s possible Karnak has overtaken anyone she’d have been run with prior to his release but that seems unlikely to me.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    IceIX said:
    So the rewards for winning include 5* covers?
    Covers for each of the mentioned characters, so yep!
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Chavez I’m questioning some now too…she is several years old. When launched she used to get run a bunch with Mockingbird, but she pairs well with basically any 5*. I suppose it’s possible Karnak has overtaken anyone she’d have been run with prior to his release but that seems unlikely to me.
    I agree with you. She might have been paired most often since her inception with someone like Thor, or maybe Vulture. Mockingbird is as good a guess as any though.

They all are a tinykitty shoot in the end. I see so many low covered toons, especially 5*, out there with random three stars. Who knows if that makes the majority or not.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2021
    I’m really interested in some of the very consistent answers on there that don’t seem mega obvious to me. Like are people really running C&D with Ghost Rider? I think the Miles Morales (added to the game in 2015) ones are also interesting. A lot of characters listed that are years newer than he is, surely older pairings are more likely than Silk who has been in the game for a few months maybe?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    America Chavez was released on December 2017, 5PX 15 August 2019 and Karnak 13 February 2020. Back then, America Chavez was probably paired with whatever 5* characters players have. I can see why PX is up there because I remember getting downed against these two as a 4* player in shield sim.

I think guessing Spider-Man is a safe choice since they count any variant as correct.

I'm very interested to know who  Ghostrider's and Nova's partners are. The answers will probably make me go  :o
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    Super curious about Nova.   One of my favorite characters i use him every day in the Deadpool daily with 3*DP for the whale points.