Quickest 2 in PvP to take down 5witch/Col?

Options
LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
I know they are beatable with a mirror, but the matches drag on forever.  Without using Boosts, which two are the fastest to take down 5witch/Col?  I have also been using 50Thor/Apoc and BRB/Pol but was wondering if there was a better "go to" team.  Thanks!

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m wondering if it isn’t Odin/Heimdall? An unboosted Heimdall can just about 1-shot a similarly leveled Switch assuming the correct spread of fortifications, and Odin should be able to help there. I don’t have a good Odin yet to confirm though.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I take them down pretty quickly with p5 colossus and apocalypse.  Get apoc yellow out and then fire colossus blue to remove wanda's repeater and then apocalypse red to kill wanda.  After that colossus doesn't do much on his own.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okoye/5Witch
    Apocalypse/5Witch
    Colossus/Apocalypse
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just use whichever 5* are boosted that week. Depending on who it is, it's quite fast.

You're not missing anything though...I'm not aware of a strategy that can take that team down fast enough using unboosted characters ("fast" being in the normal, sub-1 minute range).
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks everyone!  Just looking for a quicker way to use those teams on my climb to 1000 and then shield.  Appreciate it.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A boosted 5 can usually power through 5witch with match damage, even when she's paired with Colossu5.
    Barring that, I bring my own and boost her with Apoc or Okoye.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One hyphenated word......Shang-Chi.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanos said:
    Who would you pair him with? He can certainly do it alone if you manage to match red or purple every time until Wanda is matched to death but I guess that's not a very reliable plan.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanos said:
    Who would you pair him with? He can certainly do it alone if you manage to match red or purple every time until Wanda is matched to death but I guess that's not a very reliable plan.
    Personally, 5Clops would be my first choice. After him Onslaught then 5Thor. 5Clops can shuffle the board, increase Shang's match damage, create red and stun. Any Shang team will be an easy target on defense so, something to be aware of.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just build up enough for a multicast of red and/or purple and go infinite with him.  In the course of your infinite turn you'll have to knock out her tile, but that shouldn't be difficult.

If you're not going infinite with Shang-Chi he is terrible...I thought we already figured that out.

Anyway, I don't think it's fast, necessarily, but it depends mostly on how good you are with him.  If you're very skilled he could be the fastest way to take out that team.