Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    Dogface said:
    Got a Rank 5 Carol's Communicator from the Puzzle Gauntlet. Now it's time to get more Riso to level it and find the best use for it. Any suggestions as to what character it fits best?

I use mine on Kitty. I've saved a lot of health packs because of that support. It's especially good for events like Strange Sights and Honor Among Thieves on nodes with mindless goons with those stupid attack tiles.
    It does indeed seem wise to put it on a character that spends a lot of time in front. I've put it on BRB (for) now. Kitty has the Chewie support, which is also very useful (only rank 3 though).
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congratulations!  You are the first player in the entire history of MPQ to successfully cast Cap's resurrection power!  How much does that thing cost, 20ap?
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Congratulations!  You are the first player in the entire history of MPQ to successfully cast Cap's resurrection power!  How much does that thing cost, 20ap?
    15. I kinda figured I'd be using it, so I tried to spam yellow early, and it ended up paying off.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheDaniel said:
    Took Morbius into Puzzle It Over - Round 2 of the current Puzzle Quest (clear all enemy specials). Made a match-4, destroying three enemy specials and Morbius' power removed the rest. Finished the task in one turn.
    That's the easy way to do it.

I used Black Bolt, 4-star Thanos, and Wasp because she was featured.

Black Bolt's Quasi-Sonic Scream?
    Clear all enemy specials - Check.
    Clear all friendly specials - Check.
    Clear all tiles on the board - Check.

The biggest problem was getting 5 Black AP...there just weren't that many falling, even with a good number of Mad Titan's Revenge abilities for board shake.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using Knull/Polaris/Kitty in the Knull required node with 3-star Doc Ock as one of the enemies.  Through a huge series of cascades, Doc Ock gets the 11 blue AP he needs to cast his Manipulation before I get even a single blue match.  Between the damage from the abilitiy resulting tile destructions and cascades, it ends up doing over 120K damage to Knull.  Fortunately, he's champed and boosted, and still has over 100K health.  That's the first time I think any of my characters have ever survived a single hit over 100K.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Using Knull/Polaris/Kitty in the Knull required node with 3-star Doc Ock as one of the enemies.  Through a huge series of cascades, Doc Ock gets the 11 blue AP he needs to cast his Manipulation before I get even a single blue match.  Between the damage from the abilitiy resulting tile destructions and cascades, it ends up doing over 120K damage to Knull.  Fortunately, he's champed and boosted, and still has over 100K health.  That's the first time I think any of my characters have ever survived a single hit over 100K.
    It was an easy event with a 262K Knull , the highest health I’ve ever had in a character 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Started my day as per usual, with Deadpool's Daily quest. First up: Behemoth Burrito. Completed it on turn 1--cascades, etc, killing every enemy before they got a single turn. Very unusual. Next up: Dat Required Character. Also completed on turn 1. Not as unusual, but still. Next up: The Big Enchilada. Also completed on turn 1. I'm amazed at this point, but wait: next up, That Guy from That Place. Also completed on turn 1. I don't think that's every happened before, and certainly never done 4 of them in one day in one turn.

I win a no-prize!
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Casually tracking my LL and CP acquisition for about a month and a half. Calculated it at around ~2.1/day, which is probably low but justified considering I have been working a lot lately. Pulled a bunch of non-LL tokens for the daily quest and immediately acquired 4 LL from 3* champ levels, which put my rate back up to 2.5/day. Rng is a fickle tinykitty lol.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2021
    Rng is a fickle tinykitty lol.
    I liked your post for that single line alone.

edit: Also, leaving this comment gave me my 500 comment badge.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Learning that cds going off is considered destroyed. 

Evidence: My IM40 fortified cds counted down to zero. While my aps increase, opponent Misty Knight and her allies start healing themselves.

I was wondering what happened and re-read her abilities and it says:

(PASSIVE) When a Fortified tile is matched or destroyed, Misty Knight heals her allies for a burst of x health. If any allies are a Defender, Misty Knight is also healed.

This is probably a very niche use of the word "destroyed". I was trying to figure out who could benefit from this and I can't think of any.  :D

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled Shang-Chi from his store on the second pull. 50% is fine by me.
  • hothie
    I had three 2* characters at 12 covers (Human Torch was 5/2/5 with 10 saved), and within a span of about 15 minutes this morning, I got the 13th cover for each of them, so that was kinda unexpected and cool. 
  • hothie
    Mr_F said:
    @hothie The best support to win CoT with low level or low covered 4* is... Chewie. It creates attack tiles - free damage. I beat it that way numerous times. It requires few tries sometimes but still.
    I just wanted to say "Thank you" again for this suggestion.

This morning I tried CotT with my Bishop having only _1_ cover (blue), with Chewie assigned to him as support. I carefully planned out making multiple cascade matches, along with any blue matches I could. Chewie was dropping fists on the board like a mad cat. Bishop was stunning Cable often, and I ended up winning the match!! Chewie was huge in this match, definitely a difference maker.

I had my son open the LL token, and I got a Black Cat, which is one of the five 4*s that I currently don't have. so I'm super stoked to have this fortunate turn of events. Thanks again for the suggestion!!
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    Like I said, I tested it numerous times. I knew, know, have known and will be know what I was saying.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Hydra Stomper Welcome to Shield event was the first I completed without relying on whales. Damn, that ap battery is legit if you can get him to tank (which he did over Polaris for her blue). I wish he was my highest leveled 4* right now.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    The Hydra Stomper Welcome to Shield event was the first I completed without relying on whales. Damn, that ap battery is legit if you can get him to tank (which he did over Polaris for her blue). I wish he was my highest leveled 4* right now.

Big grats :D

I managed to pull the LL from the pve vault and a stevestomper cover within 8 pulls. Was pretty chuffed
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think my moment of the day was the "Ready for Anything" node in Hydra Stomper's Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D.  It's certainly not a "good" team by any stretch, but man Retro Iron Man Steve, Peggy and Hulk is a really fun squad to smash some goons with.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2021
    If you can keep Polaris higher than Valkyrie and HySto with blue the strongest color in PvE, it’s a guarantee Stunlock. I’ll be using it in the future when he’s champed . 
    Sharon Carter and Blackbird supports push blue way up.