Edit Hand [Can’t reproduce]

BongoTheGrey
BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2021 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
I noticed that after version 5.0.0 was released sometimes you open your hand at the beginning of your turn and you cannot edit it. You cannot change the order of your cards or enable/disable them. You need to close it and reopen it in order to do it.

This is happening only if you open your hand while some of the "at the begining of turn" animations are taking place. i.e. gem conversion, creature buffs, token creation, etc.

If you wait until all animations are over and then you open your hand you can edit it just fine.

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!

Rebeca

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    I find this seems to happen when when I open my hand while other actions are happening on the game board and especially when one of those actions impacts the hand, like drawing a card or adding mana to a card or cards.
  • Abracadavers
    Abracadavers Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I've noticed that this also happens when you use planeswalker abilities with your hand open.  You can "fix" it by closing your hand and reopening it again.  But still annoying.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since this happened when they introduced pvp, my theory is that they programmed something that doesn't let you edit your hand during your opponent's turn during PVP, and it somehow borked up normal play as well.  
    edited September 2021

We could not reproduce this issue. If you face it again please let us know.

To help us, please provide us with more details about the issue you are experiencing. All information is important to help our team 😊

Thank you,
    Rebeca. 

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Oh this is definitely happening and easy to reproduce. It happens to me multiple times per match. I’ll try to get it on video later today. 

I’ll also add that I have occasionally had this issue for quite a while (one year or longer), but it got worse with the 5.0.0 update. 
  • jtwood
    edited September 2021
    jtwood said:
    Oh this is definitely happening and easy to reproduce. It happens to me multiple times per match. I’ll try to get it on video later today. 

I’ll also add that I have occasionally had this issue for quite a while (one year or longer), but it got worse with the 5.0.0 update. 
    Twice in the same match @Oktagon_Support :

https://i.imgur.com/ASpOm1m.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/I1vAfMB.mp4

0:08 mark on both

I’m on an iOS 11 Pro. Don’t have much more to offer except that this seems to happen if I open my hand a little too quickly after a flurry of board activity. But that’s a general comment without any evidence to support it. 
  • Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    PW Kalemne, after using her first to fetch a creature I can't reorder to move the creature up. I have to close my hand and swipe again, then I can finally reorder the cards in my hand.  It's not a bug that persists so thankfully it doesn't cost me the game, but it definitely happens all the time and easy to reproduce.
    Hello @critman,
    I apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing and appreciate the additional information. I will ask the team to investigate the problem again.
    Rebeca
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    I have this too, exactly as described above
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    This bug still active. It's very easy to reproduce, will be happy to provide a video on request.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I don't see it as a bug anymore  :D I see it as a feature that forces you to be patient when rearranging cards in your hand. I doubt that it will ever be fixed 
  • fatMan
    fatMan Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I'm on two different android devices -- happens daily. I'm a little befuddled that we can get this reproduced. Maybe the test team has more patience than we do and waits longer after card draw to drag the hand open? Dunno....
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards

I’m on an iOS 11 Pro. Don’t have much more to offer except that this seems to happen if I open my hand a little too quickly after a flurry of board activity. But that’s a general comment without any evidence to support it. 
    My experience is similar, though I'm on Android. It always seems to happen when I'm a bit overeager opening my hand when doing my initial card draw for the turn. 
  • Janosik
    fatMan said:
    I'm on two different android devices -- happens daily. I'm a little befuddled that we can get this reproduced. Maybe the test team has more patience than we do and waits longer after card draw to drag the hand open? Dunno....
    This makes sense. I can understand a testing team playing slowly and methodically to so they can ensure that everything is working properly. Unfortunately, this doesn't match the play style of players.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor

Another video of the issue, not sure how the testing people can't reproduce it when it happens just about every match. It may help them to reproduce it if they set up their hand so that they cast something that destroys/exiles and then have an extra swap after so they can open their hand when the game is doing the graveyard/tombstone icon + # and exile icon + # animations. The key is to quickly open your hand because you have to do it before those animations finish completely.

• Fliggl
    Fliggl Posts: 56 Match Maker
    edited April 2022
    Every time I use Kalemnes 1st ability to fetch a creature and after the creature is added to my hand, but before the support token gains shield, I have to close and reopen my hand for adjusting cards

Edit: Yeah... Larz said this half a year ago but yeah. Exactly this
  • jtwood
    I don't see it as a bug anymore  :D I see it as a feature that forces you to be patient when rearranging cards in your hand. I doubt that it will ever be fixed 
    It’s the weirdest advanced puzzle the game has ever offered 🤷‍♂️
  • Janosik
    I doubt that it will ever be fixed 
    Me too, and that's really bad. The fact that the game becomes slower and more cumbersome year on year is not good, not just for retaining existing players, but also for attracting new ones.