Knull teams

Options
9RMetal
9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
edited September 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
Finally made this past sunday Knull champ but i'm kinda torn on what teams should I use him, I know the obvious one would be 5* carnage or Polaris and Groot 4*, but I need other choices.
Tagged:

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yea that's kinda his niche. So kitty obviously as well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Un-boosted, I haven't found a team for him. during his featured boost I was running him with Kitty and boosted Beta Ray Bill. I've tried using countdown shorteners like Flaptain and Coulson along with 4* Carol, but those results werent' too great. He needs a power booster and special tiles on the board to hit hard, so Apocalypse is good there. I was also trying to use Domino to flood the board with black in order to get his purple active moving, but that never really bore fruit for me either.

I'd say a good, solid any time any boost condition team for him might possibly be Carbage/Knull/Daredevil, where you seed the board with enemy specials with carbage, use Knull's black to put purple on the board for Daredevil, then flip those enemy specials into friendly strikes with Daredevil's purple? I wanted Knull to be better than he seems to be so far for me, so if you find a team, I'd like to attempt it.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used my baby champ in SCL 10 with Polaris and Rocket and Groot for quite a few nodes. I paired him with Psylocke and Polaris and with Magik and Polaris too. 

I paired him with BRB and Polaris on the 5* nodes to reduce damage.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 362 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't really consider Knull the main of a team, more of a big hitter/hp tank when I don't know who to put in a slot.  I like him in the shang chi pvp, maybe they'll pair well together?  Shang Chi loves the purples.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't really consider Knull the main of a team, more of a big hitter/hp tank when I don't know who to put in a slot.  I like him in the shang chi pvp, maybe they'll pair well together?  Shang Chi loves the purples.
    He's really fun with Shang-Chi.  Gives a purpose to a cheap but otherwise terrible black power.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His usage is very niche. The best team is Kitty and R4G. Valkyrie can replace R4G. His active purple power (the one that reflects 33% of targeted enemy's damage back to his random ally) is boosted by your strike tiles, which is weird and a sight to see.

Imagine your strike tile strength is 10,000 after getting boosted by Kitty. The targeted enemy made a match-3 which deals 2200 damage to you. Instead of reflecting only 33% * 2200 = 726 damage, the reflected damage is 10,726 instead. Okoye and Apocalypse can't boost his active purple power, unless the dev changed the code and allowed it to happen. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2021
    Options
    9RMetal said:
    Finally made this past sunday Knull but i'm kinda torn on what teams should I have him, I know the obvious one would be 5* carnage or Polaris and Groot 4*, but I need other choices.

I really like Symbiotes as a concept and champed my knull (and c5rnage) as soon as I could.  

Putting it bluntly, he makes a bunch of special tiles and situationally can reduce enemies max HP ignoring their protect tiles. So any synnergy with special tile boosters like Kitty and Nico works with him. As well as possibly ones that fortify friendly special tiles.  

Things to note about him, his non pink powers are affected by Okoye, wanda and Apoc boostings. And it is further boosted by friendly strike tiles. And sadly protect tiles don't affect him, in the same way they don't affect Nico.

D5ken has a bit of synnergy if you can both survive long enough to keep cutting the enemy HP bars.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    His passive Health reduction is boosted by Okoye and Apocalypse, even though the reflected damage isn’t, but since it starts at such a low number it is hard to capitalize on that. I like apocalypse for boosting him over Okoye since Apoc’s boost comes from having specialntiles out which contributes to Knull’s passive.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I see people in PvP using Knull/ Odin / Witch mostly , I haven’t tried going against it though 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Oh, you're seeing Odin in pvp already? I haven't seen it yet. I'd like to test one if he's there, see how bad he is.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think he saw them in Shield Sim. Is his Odin champed?
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I think he saw them in Shield Sim. Is his Odin champed?
    Yes , 3 of 451 plus each 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I've only seen Odin in PvP once or twice. He was unchamped and annoying, though not very impressive. I suspect his annoyance and impressiveness will go up when champed.

edit: I forgot to include my input on the OP.

As a transitioning player, I'm still using mostly 4* with the occasional 5*. For Knull, I pair him with 5witch and Polaris, mostly. I would like to try out Knull/Kitty/Colossus once I have a decent number of covers on Kitty. Has anyone tried that one yet?
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    smiley22 said:
    Haven’t found any great pick-2 teams with him, but I’ve climbed from 0 all the way to 2000 in the last 2 shield sims exclusively with Knull/Apoc/5witch.  Insanely strong and fun team, and you get quite a few defensive wins too (actually took a rare loss to this team, which prompted me to start playing it).

On offense to it beats everything in the game right now, just chase yellow for Apoc boost and then watch the passives melt all the enemies. Having switch means it’s light on the healthpacks too.
    Thank you , they are 3 of my 5 champed characters, this may be my new prime team . I’ll try it out .