Couple of things regarding Archangel

Daniel2121
Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
edited August 2021 in Roster and Level Help
So, a couple days ago I completed the 500 shards required to unlock him.

I rostered him, and immediately tried his combo with Riri (she launches enemies into the air, he auto-stuns them with his blue passive). Here's the thing though, it did NOT work. Archangel doesn't stun the launched enemy (yes, I spent his shards on a blue skill cover, I do have his stun). Why won't it work? Do I need to put more levels into the launch or the stun? So that Riri launches for more turns or he stuns for more turns? I don't get it.

The other question about Warren is, I don't know if anyone noticed, but I can use both versions of Warren in a team. I can put 3* Angel and 5* Archangel in separate slots and they won't conflict with each other and will play together no problem. Was this supposed to happen? Weren't they supposed to replace each other, if one gets selected after the other is already in? Like how different versions of Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Logan, Storm etc etc. will replace a previous one. You can't have two Logans in the team, one will replace the other. But for Warren, this rule won't apply. How? Why? I get that the Angel version of him is from an alternate timeline different from Archangel's, but still, they're the same individual.

I screenshotted it if anyone doubts it:

http://imgur.com/gallery/64c5rKl

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Archangel's power description reads as follows:
    (Passive) At the start of turn, deal 351 damage to any Airborne enemies and stun them for 1 turn.
    So my guess (and it is just a guess) is that the power might be bugged if the launched character was due to return from airbourne the next round - the stun normally grounds them but as they were coming back down anyway there might be an order of operations issue. The answer would then be launching for more rounds.
    And yes, 5* & 3* Angel's are playable together, supposedly because they don't share a name in common like the Cap/Thor/Irom Man/Wolverine's. It doesn't really make a lot of sense. 

• Daniel2121
    edited August 2021
    DAZ0273 said:
    Archangel's power description reads as follows:
    (Passive) At the start of turn, deal 351 damage to any Airborne enemies and stun them for 1 turn.
    So my guess (and it is just a guess) is that the power might be bugged if the launched character was due to return from airbourne the next round - the stun normally grounds them but as they were coming back down anyway there might be an order of operations issue. The answer would then be launching for more rounds.
    And yes, 5* & 3* Angel's are playable together, supposedly because they don't share a name in common like the Cap/Thor/Irom Man/Wolverine's. It doesn't really make a lot of sense. 

About the second issue, if that is true then you should be able to put Anti-Venom and Venom (Eddie Brock) in the same team. I mean, they're both Eddie Brock but one is Anti-Venom and the other Venom. Right?

Or Hawkeye + Ronin. They're both Clint Barton, but going under different codenames. Right?

Or Scorpion + the 1* Venom. They're both Mac Gargan...
    Or Kitty Pryde and Kate Pryde...

I mean, I'm not saying you're wrong (yet) but this should have been found out already...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    It applies to replication. So in your examples Venom and Anti-Venom both have Eddie Brock in the name. Ronin is Hawkeye and so are all the others. Kitty and Kate I haven't checked but I assume Pryde might be sufficient for lock out. I refer you back to my other point - it doesn't really make sense but if you can post evidence otherwise, go for it.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2021
    Old rule coded made characters with same name impossible to be in one team. Currently this backfired heavily when they changed that with and for newest characters as:
    1. You can not put Kate Pryde and Kitty Pryde od the same team. I tried.
    2. Venom case is more complicated. It should be impossible for 1*Venom, 4* Venom, Anti-Venom and Agent Venom to be in same as all of them use same symbiote. The game does follow this (albeit I cant check it with 1* Venom as I do not posses him now So I can not check Venom Scorpion part).
    3. 4* Iceman and Jean Grey and 3* Angel are Teenagers. At some point of time in comics the original 5 X-Men time traveled to present day and were stuck for some time. The game treats them by name so ya can not have them in same team BUT 5* Warren is named ARCHANGEL so you can put him with Angel and be fine with that.
    4. TA Hulk is Amadeus Cho and he can not be in same team with Bruce Banner/Hulk despite being two, different persons. Same with Wasp Janet (4*) and Hope (5*).
    5. Both Beasts can be in same team.
    6. Older Alternate realities/version character falls into rule so no IF Spidey with other Spider-Men (beside Morales). Same with Black Panther, Cap
    7. Phoenix (5* Jean) and Phoenix Five (so far 5* Cyc and Colossus) should not be in one team as there is ONE Phoenix Force, yet they can.
    8. Ronin is named Hawkeye (Ronin) in game so he fall under the typical rule.
    9. The list propably go on.
  • Daniel2121
    edited August 2021
    I didn't know 3* Beast and 4* Beast can play together.
    So basically that means "alternate timeline/universe versions of the same guy" can play together?

Yes, 3* Angel is from the "original five X-Men brought from the past" timeline, was aware of that.

4* Iceman and 4* Jean Grey are his teammates from that same timeline. Guess they can both coexist with their regular 5* counterparts from the prime timeline then.

Or 3* Magneto and 5* Mags. 3* Mags is from prime universe (leader of the Brotherhood), 5* Mags is from the Age of Apocalypse universe where he actually leads the X-Men (after Xavier was killed in that universe).

And the MCU universe is not counted as an alternate universe for this. E.g. the 5* Iron Man (who is the MCU Iron Man) still replaces the 1* and 3* versions of Iron Man from the comics.
  • Daniel2121
    edited August 2021
    Ok I finally have Riri aka Iron Heart with her green skill at 2 covers. Now she launches enemies and they're airborne for 2 turns. Now the Archangel passive combos successfully with her launch.

However his stun essentially replaces 1 airborne turn and then the enemy is not disabled anymore. So if she launches them for more turns, they are kept airborne for 1 turn, then they are stunned by Archangel for 1 turn, and then they land and can match tiles or pull their own skills.

So if Riri has her green at 5 covers, suddenly the Archangel combo loses some of its value since you're reducing the duration of the disable from 3 turns (all 3 of them airborne) to 1 airborne turn + 1 stunned turn (2 turns in total) since Archangel's passively stuns for only 1 turn.

You cannot hurt enemies in airborne state but you CAN hurt them if they are stunned instead. So in this case the combo doesn't lose its value COMPLETELY (as you can now hurt the enemy for 1 turn while its stunned, instead of airborne) but does lose some of it (the total disable duration is reduced by 1 turn).
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards

You cannot hurt enemies in airborne state but you CAN hurt them if they are stunned instead. So in this case the combo doesn't lose its value COMPLETELY (as you can now hurt the enemy for 1 turn while its stunned, instead of airborne) but does lose some of it (the total disable duration is reduced by 1 turn).
    Most people run Riri at 5/3/5 since her Red/Blue powers are so good so the fact you trade 1 airborne turn for 1 stun isn't such a big deal.
    KGB