Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    If thor hasn't been nerfed by now, that nerf ain't coming my dude lol

I was probably failing to make a joke. The winfinite looks a little convoluted so hopefully none get the nerf hammer.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I opened Web 2.0 and saw Polaris, Polaris, and Polaris. After realizing it wan't some family owned law firm I decided to mix it up a bit and try a different team to pair with Miles. I stumbled upon Miles Morales/C4ptain Marvel/3carlet Witch. I won my match against Miles/Polaris/Sabretooth with almost no health lost. I am definitely trying this one out some more. Then I realized how amazing that team would actually be.

Imagine you're a villain and you turn around to see Captain Marvel, Miles Morales, and Scarlet Witch. Miles turns invisible just as CM flies right at you. SW stays behind with her hands starting to glow. You realize that an invisible Miles is bad news, but you can't dedicate the resources to finding him cause CM is punching you in the face. Every time you start to get one over on CM, SW intervenes like a sniper in the distance. You're thinking "I gotta dodge CM and take out SW before she messes me up bad," but you can't because Miles is waiting to catch you slipping and deal the final blow. How was this team not a thing in the comics?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    in the Anniversary Simulator I'm running Odin/Shuri/Heimdall against all comers. My Odin is a lame build at 3/4/2 level 390, but even so it's a pretty good team. I have been using +2 to red and blue boosts. It's super satisfying to make a match-3 of fortified reds and then be able to wipe twice with heimdall for around 80k total. I've been tossing the team airborne whenever anyone is about to hit hard; I'd briefly thought that Apocalypse's Red had been "fixed" so that it would target the active character with the lowest health, but it will still target an airborne character and do nothing, so that's also pretty funny.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    in the Anniversary Simulator I'm running Odin/Shuri/Heimdall against all comers. My Odin is a lame build at 3/4/2 level 390, but even so it's a pretty good team. I have been using +2 to red and blue boosts. It's super satisfying to make a match-3 of fortified reds and then be able to wipe twice with heimdall for around 80k total. I've been tossing the team airborne whenever anyone is about to hit hard; I'd briefly thought that Apocalypse's Red had been "fixed" so that it would target the active character with the lowest health, but it will still target an airborne character and do nothing, so that's also pretty funny.
    I saw this synergy possibility and started to roster Shuri a few months ago to use this exact team . I’ve got a 333 Shuri and a 443 Odin with a champed Heimdall. I’m hoping to test it in about a month as well. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It's not like unstoppable or anything, but it is pretty fun. I may try some variations with Ronan in the mix to see how that goes.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to use Shuri and Heimdall together again but my game will slow down a lot and it happens when there are a lot of fortified tiles, like at least 60-70% of the board fortified. Strangely, it happens only with Shuri and Heimdall when I'm spamming their fortification powers. I suspect that the game is running the code to check for Heimdall's ap cost reduction for every single action taken.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    With Hydra Stomper and Peggy both boosted for the Guardians pvp, I've tried out some different dance partners for them, and I'm settling on Mantis. (Morbius is good, too.)

It's got a winning record against Polaris teams, having faced them almost exclusively. I've even beaten Polaris/R4G/Juggs, which is the threesome I run in pve because they are so good together. But this team has some tools to handle them.

Having HS and Peggy together makes them both immune to stun, which has come up often enough to matter. HS is a battery, so you have to decide which power to fire first.

I usually fire HS yellow first, which puts shields on the board, for a couple of reasons:
    1. Juggs likes nothing less than to see his AoE damage reduced to 1 via shields.
    2. It gives me a special tile to have on the board for when I fire Mantis yellow next. Then when I do fire Mantis yellow, I usually match it right away, so I heal, and then stun the enemy next turn because of that due to Mantis purple passive.

The green AP is situational. I usually fire Mantis green first for a stun-lock on someone, then can fire HS green later for damage.

Obviously Mantis stuns, but Peggy's blue does as well, so that's not to be discounted. And Peggy's Red is often a finisher. It's surprisingly good in this event, so we'll see how far I can go with it.
  • Akoni
    Powered up Juggs is a beast, but I've been running a couple of teams against him with great success:

Polaris/BRB/Quake
    Polaris/BRB/5Witch
    Juggs/Quake/5Witch

Against other teams, one of my favorites has been Juggs/Ragnarok/Throg. Juggs tanks on all but yellow so his matches on red power Rag's blue tile generation and his matches on blue and green fuel Throg's charge tile generation. Occasionally, I have to match a yellow which puts Throg out in front for damage, but it's made up for when Throg sends everyone airborne.
  • Sekilicious
    I have been testing Th4nos, C4rnage, and Vulture in Nefarious foes against some Polaris teams to good results. Thanos resetting the board for huge damage is pretty awesome and he and Carnage work in tandem as a green battery so Vulture doesn’t have to do all the heavy lifting. I wish the team had some healing though.
  • Akoni
    ***Trigger warning for Cyclop5 haters***

This may be a serious meta team. I'm thinking of calling it Red Tide for the rush of red that hits the field. Although Shang-Chi is the focal character, this team works because of... <gasp> ... Cyclop5. I wish I had more resources to go for Shang-Chi. Not only that, but the RNG was horrible when I was pulling during Cyclop5's run. I don't have any of these champed with 2 of them being far from being champed. I'm sharing this in hopes that others can give it a try to validate this build for me. If you try it, let me know how it turns out. 

Shang-Chi (2/1/1)
    Cyclop5 (1/2/5)
    5witch (3/5/5)-soft capped

*This is a semi-slow, offensive team in regards to time. The number of turns is average. The defensive capacity of this team is almost non-existent. This team shines in S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator and PvE single wave nodes. It may not do well against waves as it builds to a climax and may not have the resources to fend off additional enemies depending on RNG.

Early game
    Starting with 5witch, match purple and select red for her power. Match red and purple primarily to fill up the AP bars, but keep the combo points up, if possible. If there is a lot of green, match it before you start racking up red and purple.

Mid-game
    If Cyclop5 has enough yellow and/or green, fire them in that order. The yellow will further boost Shang-Chi's match damage and, luck permitting, creates an additional match or two. If you have enough to fire yellow again, keep firing it. Next, fire green to flood the field with red tiles. Try to get all of the available purple matches out of the way before firing Cyclop5's green, but it's not necessary. 

End game
    Shang-Chi should have enough red and purple AP to fire each one once with enough red tiles on the board after any cascades to end the game during the current or next turn.
  • Sekilicious
    edited October 2021
    Tried the 5e (Ultron/Daken/Sentry) in Wakanda with Shang-Chi (lvl255 3/0/3), Riri (216, 3/5/5), and Icem4n (211 5/5/3). The first time the winfinite got rolling early so had no trouble. The second time poor Shang died horribly to Daken lucking into blue and spamming it relentlessly. If I could champ and respec the 4*s (damn the iso deficit to tinykitty) this might be a pretty fun alternative to the Medusa/Magneto winfinite that doesn't always seem to get going. 

mmmm, I wonder what this team would look like with Valkyrie in place of Iceman... Stay tuned. 
  • Sekilicious
    Akoni said:
    ***Trigger warning for Cyclop5 haters***

This may be a serious meta team. I'm thinking of calling it Red Tide for the rush of red that hits the field. Although Shang-Chi is the focal character, this team works because of... <gasp> ... Cyclop5. I wish I had more resources to go for Shang-Chi. Not only that, but the RNG was horrible when I was pulling during Cyclop5's run. I don't have any of these champed with 2 of them being far from being champed. I'm sharing this in hopes that others can give it a try to validate this build for me. If you try it, let me know how it turns out. 

Shang-Chi (2/1/1)
    Cyclop5 (1/2/5)
    5witch (3/5/5)-soft capped

*This is a semi-slow, offensive team in regards to time. The number of turns is average. The defensive capacity of this team is almost non-existent. This team shines in S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator and PvE single wave nodes. It may not do well against waves as it builds to a climax and may not have the resources to fend off additional enemies depending on RNG.

Early game
    Starting with 5witch, match purple and select red for her power. Match red and purple primarily to fill up the AP bars, but keep the combo points up, if possible. If there is a lot of green, match it before you start racking up red and purple.

Mid-game
    If Cyclop5 has enough yellow and/or green, fire them in that order. The yellow will further boost Shang-Chi's match damage and, luck permitting, creates an additional match or two. If you have enough to fire yellow again, keep firing it. Next, fire green to flood the field with red tiles. Try to get all of the available purple matches out of the way before firing Cyclop5's green, but it's not necessary. 

End game
    Shang-Chi should have enough red and purple AP to fire each one once with enough red tiles on the board after any cascades to end the game during the current or next turn.
    This is another reason to avoid skipping 5* characters.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2021
    I've been trying to find interesting Ronan teams to use when he isn't boosted, and some of the ones I've been messing with so far are:

Odin/Ronan/Goblin - the gimmick here is to get Ronan's repeaters out as early as possible, followed by using Goblin's purple on blue for a full team stun shortly after. Then you'll want to do what you can to keep Odin in front, which for me at the levels I have these characters means matching yellow tiles lol. But that way, Goblin will do the fortification for you as Ronan's repeaters proliferate around the board, and you can use Goblin's Yellow to fast track Ronan's CD for good damage when you get enough yellow. This team falls flat on its face against Kitty based teams generally, but is otherwise pretty fun. Marvel at your basic match damages doing laughable amounts of damage, double dipping on fortified repeaters, while taking 1pt of damage if you can keep Odin out front.

Colossus/Ronan/Killmonger - similar to above, but with more criticals and more basic match reduction.

Wanda/Ronan/Killmonger - similar to above but with the ability to add blue to the board for you to help the Uncompromising Power tiles along on their journey

Heimdall/Ronan/Goblin - Same-ish as Odin, except you eventually get the AP cost reduction. Not as auto-pilot as Odin since Heimdall is kind of fiddly, but his red is a significant nuke once there are enough fortifications out in addion to the stuff Ronan gets up to.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve been saying Cyclops has got dirt for awhile now. I run Cyclops/America Chavez/Colossus to wreck Brb/polaritty teams. Cyclops/America is a great duo to help pump up 1 hard-hitting, + match damage character or 1 buffed character. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyclops is definitely the best partner for Shang-Chi.  A lot of different guys can work as the third, but those two are the core of the team.
  • Sekilicious
    edited October 2021
    Tried the 5e (Ultron/Daken/Sentry) in Wakanda with Shang-Chi (lvl255 3/0/3), Riri (216, 3/5/5), and Icem4n (211 5/5/3). The first time the winfinite got rolling early so had no trouble. The second time poor Shang died horribly to Daken lucking into blue and spamming it relentlessly. If I could champ and respec the 4*s (damn the iso deficit to tinykitty) this might be a pretty fun alternative to the Medusa/Magneto winfinite that doesn't always seem to get going. 

mmmm, I wonder what this team would look like with Valkyrie in place of Iceman... Stay tuned. 
    Ok, update. Because my Valkyrie and Chavez are champed I tried them in place of Riri and Bobby. Shang-Chi does all the heavy lifting but this is pretty fun as well. Maybe weak to a bad board. The numerous strike tiles that get placed limit the effectiveness as well. 

Hmmmmm, Riri and Vulture might be fun and effective. God I love Shang-Chi.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Keep the Shang-Chi teams coming! I have him at 2/5/5 and using him all the time, but because you actually have to think during fights its not the same as just passively floating through matches.

Had a lot of fun in Sim using Shang-Chi, Kitty and Morbius to take out all of Polaris/BRB/Kitty teams without taking any damage due to the true heal 
  • Sekilicious
    edited October 2021
    Keep the Shang-Chi teams coming! I have him at 2/5/5 and using him all the time, but because you actually have to think during fights its not the same as just passively floating through matches.

Had a lot of fun in Sim using Shang-Chi, Kitty and Morbius to take out all of Polaris/BRB/Kitty teams without taking any damage due to the true heal 
    Here I was worried that Kitty and Shang-Chi might not be effective in PvP. I imagine that Shang-Chi, Kitty, and Valkyrie might kick tinykitty against non-Polaris/BRB teams. Maybe weak to opposing Kitty's but Valkyrie's countdown gets removed seconds after it comes out.