Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Just wanted to chime in here for a second:

I got a Gambit cover, which in turn got me a Rogue cover as a reward. This gave me a Rogue of 1/1/0. I thought, "Eh, I'll give CotT a shot."

Not thinking that I had any chance at all, I didn't assign a Support to Rogue. That turned out to be a mistake, as I got Iceman down from 18K health to 846 before he stunned me and I lost. That was actually a lot closer than I thought it was going to be. I then assigned Taskmaster's Sword to her, and tried again, AND I WON!!!!! I can't believe that I was able to beat him with only having 2 covers on my Rogue. I just tried to deny him blue and purple as much as I could, and the board played along with my strategy.

Man, that was a very happy and unexpected surprise.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2021
    @hothie The best support to win CoT with low level or low covered 4* is... Chewie. It creates attack tiles - free damage. I beat it that way numerous times. It requires few tries sometimes but still.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Ever since I got a 4* Taskmaster's Sword from the Puzzle Gauntlet, I haven't lost a CotT. It almost feels like cheating so I do try without first.

I think my Chewie is just 1* so I don't expect that to be particularly useful. Vintage Shield has come in handy a few times though.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    So barring Alligator Loki (and as he goes into tokens I can get to work on him) I have every single 4* either champed or fully covered.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    So barring Alligator Loki (and as he goes into tokens I can get to work on him) I have every single 4* either champed or fully covered.

Big grats! Enjoy it while it lasts before the next 4 comes out in like 3 weeks time :D
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Big grats! Enjoy it while it lasts before the next 4 comes out in like 3 weeks time :D

Yeah I know, back on the treadmill but for a brief moment...I can rest!
  • hothie
    edited August 2021
    Anon said:
    Hit 1200 in Best Friends Forever just now. I have NEVER hit the full 1200 points in a PVE before and I'm riding this high so hard. I don't even care about the rewards it's about the accomplishment and milestone for me!
    Congrats! I have never personally hit the 1000 mark, so I know it must be even tougher to reach 1200.

And please forgive my ignorance, but what is the significance of achieving 1200 points? Is there a specific reward that comes with it? Or is it more of a personal benchmark/achievement? Either way, congrats on your accomplishment!

Edit: After looking, I see that is the points value that corresponds to 75 wins. Ok, I see. I usually just go for the 75 wins and call it good at that point, because I get so many people attacking me that reaching that plateau via points is out of the question. Cool. Good job! If there is more to it, I'm interested to hear.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    Hit 1200 in Best Friends Forever just now. I have NEVER hit the full 1200 points in a PVE before and I'm riding this high so hard. I don't even care about the rewards it's about the accomplishment and milestone for me!
    I have to admit how easy this was . I’m not a top player but I breezed up the rankings quickly . This is now my favorite PvP. ( I did expect more Steel Witch though , I saw about 3).
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2021
    Get the Howard Cover to get CP to get LL pull to get Winter Soldier Cover to get Cap 5* cover. Yai.
    Get the CP progression rewards and node rewards to get another pull just to get Electro cover so I can do the 5* node. Yai x2.
    Do the Howard PVP to get the CP to get the 3rd pull to get Ronan (new in roster). Yai x3.
    Noticing Kingpin in store. Wait... I miss one cover to get Daredevil cover (new in roster). Go for it! Yai x4.
    Good day.
  • hothie
    I managed to get 3 LL tokens in one day, which I know for some of you is common, but for me, hasn't happened before.

First from winning Crash of the Titans, second from finally champing R4G (with a saved cover), and third from 3* Ironman level up from shards. I'll be getting another one from 3* Daken level up very soon.

I managed to pull a Ronan, who I didn't have yet, so was happy with that.
  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    After getting covers for 4 star alligator loki though 122 heroics, one cover through that another cover from LL and the rest through shards. Got Him Champed today. Once again got all for 4 stars champed, back to hoarding.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    After going 0/27 in Latests I pulled Odin and Electro back to back.
  • TheDaniel
    TheDaniel Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2021
    Took Morbius into Puzzle It Over - Round 2 of the current Puzzle Quest (clear all enemy specials). Made a match-4, destroying three enemy specials and Morbius' power removed the rest. Finished the task in one turn.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Got a Rank 5 Carol's Communicator from the Puzzle Gauntlet. Now it's time to get more Riso to level it and find the best use for it. Any suggestions as to what character it fits best?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are using BRB/Polaris for challenge nodes, it will be excellent for him because he will be tanking. A 65% chance of true healing for 3230 per special tile match is significant. On top of that, you have 65% chance of having 6 protect tiles at the start of the game. To me, the main point is true healing and you need someone who spams friendly special tiles. If you are low on healthpacks, you can switch it around on your main characters,capped at thrice within certain timeframe.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:
    Got a Rank 5 Carol's Communicator from the Puzzle Gauntlet. Now it's time to get more Riso to level it and find the best use for it. Any suggestions as to what character it fits best?
    I have mine on Polaris it keeps me from using Health Packs on her 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    I kinda wish I could put it on Hammer Juggernaut, though then I would need something to heal Polaris since she would tank pink again. Lucky is stapled to Grocket since he is my highest lvl toon. That rabbit loves that puppers. The communicator will also work with Kitty if she tanks anything.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:

I use mine on Kitty. I've saved a lot of health packs because of that support. It's especially good for events like Strange Sights and Honor Among Thieves on nodes with mindless goons with those stupid attack tiles.