Lord of Thunder - Thor strikes back - 26-28.03

Comments

• Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Microtom wrote:
    lol, it's almost as if I didn't have to play...

Dv423Uo.jpg

I'm worried for you. You should definitely shield up. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Microtom wrote:
    lol, it's almost as if I didn't have to play...

Dv423Uo.jpg

What is the secret "wins on defense" team? Inquiring forums want to know!
  • gamar wrote:

141 thor, 100 hood and 85 obw.
  • Microtom wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Well that makes perfect sense now.
  • Microtom wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Well that makes perfect sense now.

It makes even less sense, because who wouldn't skip that team?? and mrdogfather went after it twice

icon_lol.gif
  • Nooooo 11th.... sad face
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    2nd Place, sat at 769 unshielded for the last 18 hours or so - not a single attack.
    What an appropriately lazy finish for a lazy Thor tournament.
    And a net gain of HP is nice for a change.
  • Got kicked out of top10. But honestly, I'm so happy for DjangoUnbuffed and the scAvengers scoring top2 in Sim, that I really don't give a kitchen about LoT icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Microtom wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Lol, so you're the one who attacked me a couple of times too. I've been defending with a 141 Thor, 140 Hood and 85 OBW. Superb defence.

The few defeats that I've gotten are mostly have spideys in them. I easily won my bracket with 1,000 points without even shielding with the Thor/Hood/OBW team icon_e_smile.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Terr83 wrote:
    Microtom wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Lol, so you're the one who attacked me a couple of times too. I've been defending with a 141 Thor, 140 Hood and 85 OBW. Superb defence.

The few defeats that I've gotten are mostly have spideys in them. I easily won my bracket with 1,000 points without even shielding with the Thor/Hood/OBW team icon_e_smile.gif

Terr! I definitely hit you a couple times...
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    You know the silver lining of having walkyourpath AND Nemek in your bracket in a 2-day PVP?

3rd place gets the same rewards as 2nd
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    2nd Place, sat at 769 unshielded for the last 18 hours or so - not a single attack.
    What an appropriately lazy finish for a lazy Thor tournament.
    And a net gain of HP is nice for a change.
    I ended up fifth in the same bracket. Saw you sitting there unturtled and was pretty amazed your score didnt move at all, meaning no action up or down for nearly a day. Pretty amazing.
  • Just had my new "best moment of all-time" for MPQ.

I had already set a new personal best in PvP by breaking 800 for the first time naturally earlier in the day.

Even better, I won a defense or two, while shield climbing with 3h shields to about 850ish. I had about a 100 point lead on the rest of the bracket.

Oh-so-casually, a player with an end-game roster slowly works their way up the leaderboard. Never gets attacked once, never shields, just sits there on the leaderboard. Advancing 20 points every 15 minutes or so, drawing out the inevitable, slow and painfully.

The player finally passes me by with about 4 minutes to go by about 10 points. Doesn't shield.

I'm watching.... the poker contest is on between the two of us. I haven't moved on the leaderboard in 3 hours. The opponent has to watching to see if I suddenly drop shields in response. I don't.

The bluff continues... 3 minutes.... 2 minutes... I still don't make a move. The opponent does not move either.

I prepare my attack and go all in, rainbows across the board. Curse to myself that I took too long planning and selecting boosts. Realize that I only gave myself about 50 seconds to win the match.

The board was favorable, but it didn't matter much. Only needed one match for MThor Red and Yellow skills. Boosted red took out one opponent. Yellow took out another with the resulting green cascade from boosted matched damage. Call of Stormed the last opponent and won in three turns.

Got back to the fight select screen with literally 5 seconds to spare, just long enough to see the clock tick to zero.

Outplaying the troll was so tinykitty good. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gificon_twisted.gif
  • 6th with only 597 unshielded. icon_e_confused.gif

Talk about lazy...
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Just had my new "best moment of all-time" for MPQ.

I had already set a new personal best in PvP by breaking 800 for the first time naturally earlier in the day.

Even better, I won a defense or two, while shield climbing with 3h shields to about 850ish. I had about a 100 point lead on the rest of the bracket.

Oh-so-casually, a player with an end-game roster slowly works their way up the leaderboard. Never gets attacked once, never shields, just sits there on the leaderboard. Advancing 20 points every 15 minutes or so, drawing out the inevitable, slow and painfully.

The player finally passes me by with about 4 minutes to go by about 10 points. Doesn't shield.

I'm watching.... the poker contest is on between the two of us. I haven't moved on the leaderboard in 3 hours. The opponent has to watching to see if I suddenly drop shields in response. I don't.

The bluff continues... 3 minutes.... 2 minutes... I still don't make a move. The opponent does not move either.

I prepare my attack and go all in, rainbows across the board. Curse to myself that I took too long planning and selecting boosts. Realize that I only gave myself about 50 seconds to win the match.

The board was favorable, but it didn't matter much. Only needed one match for MThor Red and Yellow skills. Boosted red took out one opponent. Yellow took out another with the resulting green cascade from boosted matched damage. Call of Stormed the last opponent and won in three turns.

Got back to the fight select screen with literally 5 seconds to spare, just long enough to see the clock tick to zero.

Outplaying the troll was so tinykitty good. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gificon_twisted.gif

soogoodnotext.gif
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Terr83 wrote:
    Microtom wrote:
    gamar wrote:

I went 1-1 against you. You beat my Fathor/Patch/Black Panthor on defense once with a really crazy cascade, but I came back and got a win with a Psylocke/Spidey/Fathor combo. After that win, I put in 120 Thor/134 Hood/85 OBW team for defense, but they lost the only time I was attacked.
  • Microtom wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Haha, I had the same experience (with smaller numbers). Grind up to about 325ish, then go to bed. Wake up, find out that I was attacked four times, all defensive wins(!), and broke 400.

The team I was running was 89 Thor, 67 Hood, and 61 OBW. (Sad thing is, Flabio is 89/89, OBW is 61/61, and Hood was 67/89. Y'all got any more of them fishnet covers...?)
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited March 2014
    The Simulator gives oBW covers *trollface*

I got an uber-competitve bracket so I tanked prior to my final push and shielded for 3 hours for top 5 icon_e_sad.gif Not very proud of having to tank so much, but I wouldn't even have to do that if I were allowed to run my maxed Thor** rather than my useless 0-1-2 lazyThor. Have lvl 100 Hood and lvl 85 oBW too D:
  • Vairelome wrote:
    Y'all got any more of them fishnet covers...?)

Ugh, I feel like I throw away at least one purple obw every week just from lightning round standard token pulls.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    I just got the laziest 1st place finish ever. I did not need any patch covers but I wanted the purple magneto cover that was the 700 point progression reward. So I played just enough to get there and went to sleep. Apparently no one else in my bracket cared enough and in the morning I was shocked that I got the green Wolvie.