Why won't they remake The Sentry.

Daniel2121
Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
I knew Sentry was bad, but I had almost forgotten how much bad, TO WHICH DEGREE. And now, with the current PvP event (which requires him) is more painfully evident than ever how much of a gangrene he is. 

I'm watching the AI suicide him nearly everytime with his yellow. Why does he sacrifice so much health for a mere strike tile that doesn't even have that much strength to begin with? Couldn't he at least, at the very least, be able to choose where to create the said tile so that at least it doesn't go away when he has the horrible luck of creating the tile in a place where it's possible to make a match with it? Wasting his health for absolutely nothing in return?

Why does he hurt his team AND himself so much? He's supposed to be an incredibly broken OP (yet mentally unstable) superhero, with a regeneration factor better than Wolverine's or Hulk's. Couldn't he have some kind of fake healing ability to compensate for him hurting his team and self this much? Or at least make the damages worth the health sacrifices.

I'm dying to see a remake or Mr. Reynolds really. The state he's in atm is currently worse than ****. Easily the worst hero in this game. A few others also hurt their own team but they're usually worth the health loss.

Comments

• VALACK
    VALACK Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    If they gonna remake sentry then it gonna 4 or 5 *
    they never re-balance  or make balance thing. only new release for money
    I send mail for new sentry too... for several times. they only said considering and thx for opinion always.
    but nothing change. they gonna just do it what they want
    give up and just pray for they gonna make all new sentry
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    3* Sentry is a bad teammate, it's true, but I think that is appropriate. Having him on your team is a liability and you need to keep that in mind.

If you are a 3* player, Wolverine, Daken and Rocket&Groot can reduce the harmful side of his red and green. At 4*s, Medusa is a good partner, but Captain Marvel can use his green to greatly empower herself. A.Coulson and 5* Hawkeye too. As for 5*s, you can use his damaging powers to speed up the health reduction of Daredevil and Thor, who you want below 50% health. And, with Apocalypse or Okoye to boost his output, the team damage he dishes out become worthy for what he deals to his team.

Finally, he is a very good Solo character, specially against foes that can turn invisible.

In short, there are team that can turn Sentry's weaknesses into strengths.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's supposed to be an incredibly broken OP
    At one point, he was. You're a few years late I'm afraid.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    It would take a century for them to do it.  

So when the game celebrates a 10 year milestone. Maybe.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:
    It would take a century Sentry for them to do it.  
    There...that's better.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    There really is no reason why they won't other than relevance. We will see a 5* version of Sentry if he returns to the public eye. I'm guessing there will be a "What If" story, rebirth in comics, or arrival on the small or big screen that will spur such an event.
  • formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Yea why?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Maybe a Dark Avenger only "Heroic" ("Villainous"?) event will be the impetus needed for a rework?  But I'm sure we'd get a lot of notice about something like that, since that hasn't been done in several years.   >:)
  • Valdoraptor
    Valdoraptor Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    My biggest interaction with current Sentry is deleting his TUs from the inventory when I get them.