Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Having to fight a level 521 Sandman that spams protects and generally pummels you up and down. Tried my level 460 Peter Parker but that did not end well. Can't think of who to use on this one on one match. Edit: Onslaught was the answer. Won with <10k health left.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    Beat mine with lv 271 Ghost. Invisibility.
    Ivisibility rocks. Just yesterday I beat Polaris/Okoye  in Cyclops PVP with Peggy/Wolfsbane and loaned Cyc. Wolfsbane did all the work.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just beware of AOE damage.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    qandols said:
    Having to fight a level 521 Sandman that spams protects and generally pummels you up and down. Tried my level 460 Peter Parker but that did not end well. Can't think of who to use on this one on one match. Edit: Onslaught was the answer. Won with <10k health left.
    Champed Colossus with +100% damage boosts did the trick for me.  He hits you for 1K damage, you smack him back for 8K.  With Colossus's 90K of health, you'll win that match even if they do fire off a couple of powers.  He also beat the LVL 531 Venom after Sandman.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Ghostpool without teamup.

If you want, ask for 4* Ghost Rider teamup and hope for Penance Stare. If not, 3* Punisher's Retribution works too.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apocalypse is the king of 1v1 fights.
  • Mr_F
    qandols said:

Sandman has no AoE so there was no fear.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    qandols said:

His green does damage to the enemy team. I beat him with Miles but took a couple of hits at 7k each.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I used boosted Hulkbuster against Sandman. Got up to 24 red and one-shotted him with 30K health left.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2021
    Ugh.  When I use Thorpocalypse and collect a ton of yellow right off the bat, but forget to ever fire the power.  Then next turn fire his red and it hits like a wet napkin.

I did that two turns in a row somehow tonight.  So mad at myself. I am truly a disgusting human being.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F said:
    qandols said:

His green does damage to the enemy team. I beat him with Miles but took a couple of hits at 7k each.

4+ years of playing and I still do not rememner what every character do. Had to check that... Yep, you are right.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    @Mr_F I can't remember what every character does because I've played for so long. There are so many of them. Their powers are all blurring together.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I attacked a team with a  333 Yellowjacket with about 29K health . I didn’t bring an AOE.  He went invisible in turn 3 , had 10 turns of it stored up in 2 more moves . Over fifty moves later he had wiped my team and never went under 9 turns of invisible remaining .
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I went to bed and realized that I forgot to make my submission for the Lockjaw forum contest. Then I realized that I had time to do it because I'm in an earlier time zone, so I started doing some calculations, came up with an answer, started double-checking the math... aaaand I fell asleep. The deadline ended hours ago.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    That moment when you're ready to play with your recently champed Odin and with his god boost he has 223k health, but then sentry goons chew through almost all of it. Puny god.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Started a PvP match without realizing I had my LR squad selected.
    Lost badly.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Drew 2 blue Ronan covers in a row. Why's that bad? He's now 3/3/11
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:

Ugh, that's frustrating. At least you have enough to champ him with a feeder, if he gets/has one. Can't remember if he has one yet.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* character still in Latest rarely has a feeder. One exception I remember was 5* Captain Marvel. Even after he leaves Latest, he needs to queue up.  There's still 14 non-latest characters waiting for feeders.  :D
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Anon said:

Ugh, that's frustrating. At least you have enough to champ him with a feeder, if he gets/has one. Can't remember if he has one yet.
    I've been debating just using the saved covers to finish him and get it over with. On the other hand, 6 5* champ levels is pretty sweet...