**** Loki (Alligator of Mischief) ****

1235»

Comments

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Really would have preferred they released the gator as a Support, but he could be fun.  Hopefully he'll feed Odin.
    Probably not Odin as he's not even in LL but Heimdall maybe
    He sure does 😉
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kwahder said:
    PiMacleod said:
    So, since his "cover" has in-game art from 3* Loki (i.e. old man loki) and 5* Loki (the main... protagonist?), but ALSO has what looks like in-game art for Sylvie and Kid Loki...

I mean... unless it's gonna be treated like Crystal and never explored further... just saying, looks like the art team already has a basis for those characters.
    The ‘Sylvie’ art is from a costume for 5 star Loki*, so only the Kid Loki art is new.

* And is based on the comics where Loki is using (copying? I forget…) Sif’s body, so they have a basis for her as well.
    And even the Kid Loki one isn't "new".

Open photo
    This was the teaser photo used for 4* Kingpin's release.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Just saw a pic on fb showing that loki gator feeds heimdall. 
    That's really random.

Edit: Nevermind, just remembered they're both Asgardian.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I wouldn’t mind a Warriors Three support equipped to any Asgardian 
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2021
    Kwahder said:
    PiMacleod said:
    So, since his "cover" has in-game art from 3* Loki (i.e. old man loki) and 5* Loki (the main... protagonist?), but ALSO has what looks like in-game art for Sylvie and Kid Loki...

I mean... unless it's gonna be treated like Crystal and never explored further... just saying, looks like the art team already has a basis for those characters.
    The ‘Sylvie’ art is from a costume for 5 star Loki*, so only the Kid Loki art is new.

* And is based on the comics where Loki is using (copying? I forget…) Sif’s body, so they have a basis for her as well.

Open photo
    Wow, that’s fascinating! Based on the poses, I’m guessing some of those are alternate costumes that never got released.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Open photo
    That proves Aunt May has been long time waiting for to battle a bit.
    Now she could have a place in 5* tier with her special power " You didn't clean your room!" that ignores damage reduction. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kwahder said:
    PiMacleod said:

Open photo
    If you look closely you can tell which of these are in-game art assets and which are just comic art.  Many of the in-game assets got released years later as costumes (I think this picture dates back to 2015?). 

Dark Elf goons are still in the code somewhere but we never got the event that used them and they never showed up in anything else.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Day 4 node: that's my reptile team.  :p

Edit:

Death Roll is bugged and I've already made a report in the forum. Making a match-4 by enemy that destroys charged tile and destroying charged tile via ability while Aloki is invisible will not trigger death roll. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    well, in a 1v1 situation, he's terrible. needs a more reliable damage ability. 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I’m amazed at how well he feeds 5* Loki. There is no active crossover in powers, and he easily feeds the shadowplay tiles.

you want to match the shadowplay tiles anyway, focusing black ap which 5* Loki can’t use himself. If you had a yellow ap generator as a 3rd, you’d be onto a pretty good team. Maybe a 5* Sylvie could do that for a thematic team?
  • ObiWanPEZ
    ObiWanPEZ Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Should Storm’s Gathering Clouds trigger AlliLoki’s Death Roll, and when in the priority list? Before or after cascading matches?
  • ObiWanPEZ
    ObiWanPEZ Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Okay, no, he was not Invisible. Never mind.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agent Coulson has been a good pairing in 5* shield training nodes. He gives 2 free random aps per cd resolved and steals up to 15 random enemies ap.  What's inevitable is that both my 5* Loki and AC will be downed, but they set the stage for the enemies to be Death Rolled into submission. Watching Riri's Magnetic Repulsors go haywire was fun. Mordo booting himself was pretty funny too.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Managed to take out full health thing, starlord and mordo just with alligator loki. Lucky board throughout but may well be useful at high levels for some of those pve nodes that are a nightmare
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was trying to have a full invisible team with Onslaught and Yellowjacket, but it’s mostly just a gimmick due to Loki’s 3* health pool outside of this event.
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I think the only group that allowing different versions might be too strong would be Spider-verse. However, that may actually make them a stronger and an actual meta team. They should at least test it out.

entrailbucket said:
    Is there any character who'd actually break the game if they let us use different variants together?  I can't think of anyone offhand.  They should just get rid of it...there was never a real reason for that rule to exist.