Alligator Loki!!!!

2»

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    His Introducing... killed him pretty quickly. T'was a bad board though. Nah, I don't think I like him that much.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2021
    qandols said:
    His Introducing... killed him pretty quickly. T'was a bad board though. Nah, I don't think I like him that much.
    True , it wasn’t easy solo, took me two tries, he’s no Mockingbird. You’re the first Gator hater. 
  • qandols
    And the next node you will be fighting a forever invisible 'gator that will nibble you to death.
  • palenoue
    palenoue Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Thank you, Devs!
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    palenoue said:
    Thank you, Devs!
    Thank you!
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    qandols said:
    Maybe I got a lucky board, but I found him to be surprisingly good.
  • qandols
    Yeah, tried again. Made it by a thread using a Maggia Pawns TU. Mockingbird nearly knocked me out again.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Day 2 was rough. I had to use an Okoye TU to take out the Gator of Lies.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Day 2 isn't bad.  Deny yellow, hoard black.  Fire off Kraven's black twice
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    MegaBee said:
    Day 2 was rough. I had to use an Okoye TU to take out the Gator of Lies.
    Took me five tries with Kraven before finally beating Loki-Gator, and even then it was just by the skin of my teeth.  He'll be very squishy against people with an AoE, but really tough against people who don't.  *cough cough* Kraven
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Chewie is great on 1v1 because there's only 1 character making matches so you're constantly popping out Attack tiles, just deny the stuff that makes Loki gator go invisible. I don't think I even fired any of Kraven's powers.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's more likely a lack of understanding or a nonchalant attitude towards how one or both characters' abilities work and interact with one another that causes difficulty in beating the nodes. Kraven was never in the limelight like R4G, Juggernaut or R4G. I assume the only ability most players remember about Kraven is his ability to reduce strength of enemies' special tiles and dealing damage passively. Unfortunately, Aloki doesn't create such special tiles
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Wait for day 3. It's horror, especially if you're left with Yellowjacket. I used a Whale teamup, that says enough.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Third day node is crazy. It took me 5-6 tries before I beat it. It's also pretty crazy how they keep matching away black tiles. For every 10 black match-3, I feel like they are matching 7 of them away.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ended up using whales because I couldn’t stop YJ and I got annoyed 
  • qandols
    Hah, yes that was hilarious. I had super boards the entire fight and was constantly invisible. But it took nearly five minutes to nibble down the also constantly invisible yellow jacket with my yellow. Something I never want to go through again.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    Hah, yes that was hilarious. I had super boards the entire fight and was constantly invisible. But it took nearly five minutes to nibble down the also constantly invisible yellow jacket with my yellow. Something I never want to go through again.
    Five minutes?  You got off easy. Try 30 minutes...  Ended up saving 30 yellow and 30 black, using all the yellow, shuffling the board repeatedly and hoping to get enough yellow matches before YJ got his blacks to take him out.