**** Loki (Alligator of Mischief) ****

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appreciate this character at every possible level, including the possibility of a Throg/Aloki team countering Polaris/Grocket. What really I hope is that the developers trolled the spoilers who look at the code to figure this out, made it look like Sylvie then switched with Aloki the last second 

For the first time in ages, this clue actually made sense for both.
    Initially based on the clue I was convinced it was Alligator Loki because he literally has no known provenance - his entire back story is that he ate a cat! Then when they released the first descriptions, it started sounding like Sylvie because (I will put in spoilers even though I am sure most have seen the Loki show)
    In the Loki TV series, Sylvie is hiding from the TVA in timelines that have apocalypse imminent - this fit the invisibility power. Then she was messing around with the TVA which fit the shuffling the board power

However - the actual explanations on those two powers made absolute sense for Alligator Loki and I am very pleased we have him!

• DAZ0273
    3* Iron Fist would make a great partner for 4* Iron Fist with his cheap purple powering up his big bro's black nuke.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Loki Gator and throg seem to create a charged tile meta in 4* land that can counter the special tile meta with tile removal, healing, invisibility, and airborne.  Pair with Thor or worthy cap in pick 3 for red coverage, stuns, and extra charge tile shenanigans, or lockjaw to maximize charge tile damage.

Interesting. Too bad it doesn't matter in 5* land.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    "After running into the other Variants, the Lokis set out to discover who's really behind the TVA!" 

Is this foreshadowing an Immortus/Kang release down the road?
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    I really love the artwork for him.  His cover looks great too
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    After playing his introduction and Aloki eating Mockingbird I am prepared for the new meta of Throg, Gator, and Puppers.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    I love the artwork for his store.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like his animations, especially Death Roll. Max Invisibility turn is capped at 5, regardless of how many purple charged tiles you match. I think Throg, Aloki and Agent Coulson will be fun. Other notable charged tile allies which I think will be fun are Mordo and TAHulk.
  • DAZ0273
    I like his animations, especially Death Roll. Max Invisibility turn is capped at 5, regardless of how many purple charged tiles you match. I think Throg, Aloki and Agent Coulson will be fun. Other notable charged tile allies which I think will be fun are Mordo and TAHulk.

I haven't had a chance to use him yet but could not Lockjaw be a third option? Then we keep the Animal theme!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Gator Loki’s black says it is supposed to be charging tiles after the swap, but for me it clearly is not. Y’all seeing that too?

*edit* - I missed the condition that he be invisible. It’s working as written, carry on
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    So funny animations! The flying alligator.
    Another animal with animations like these and I would pick them where possible just for fun.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lockjaw is another option but I was looking at something that can help to match or destroy purple charge tiles easier.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    5Witch can add purple to the board and has purple as her strongest color (this persists even after she chooses a different color to convert team up to in case anyone was curious). Also it can feel counterintuitive, but Nightcrawler's purple can be an excellent purple battery.

If you're using Throg, I'd suggest Carbage or C4rnage to seed the board with enemy specials, and he'll generally chase green for you as his strongest color, which will get Throg up in the air eventually to basically convert the whole board to charge tiles for you.

Alternatively, you could run him with WCap, who even after getting neutered does still share the ability to do chip damage whenever the enemy matches a charged tile. Might be fun with an Okoye or Apocalypse to boost damage.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    I love the artwork for his “introducing” since he’s not in the comics it just random sketches. 

The “clever girl” one is especially funny. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    grumbLEGO said:
    I love the artwork for his “introducing” since he’s not in the comics it just random sketches. 

The “clever girl” one is especially funny. 
    And you can tell who he's going to be fighting in most of them. Everything about this character and his release is just so good!
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, since his "cover" has in-game art from 3* Loki (i.e. old man loki) and 5* Loki (the main... protagonist?), but ALSO has what looks like in-game art for Sylvie and Kid Loki...

I mean... unless it's gonna be treated like Crystal and never explored further... just saying, looks like the art team already has a basis for those characters.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Now, I can create my reptile team.  :D

If we could get the Geico Gecko next as a 5* that has potential . Throg is an amphibian. Scorpion an arachnid. 
    Devil Dinosaur/Lizard/Gator Loki will get you there if you don't think of Dinosaurs as their own thing for being warm blooded
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    PiMacleod said:
    So, since his "cover" has in-game art from 3* Loki (i.e. old man loki) and 5* Loki (the main... protagonist?), but ALSO has what looks like in-game art for Sylvie and Kid Loki...

I mean... unless it's gonna be treated like Crystal and never explored further... just saying, looks like the art team already has a basis for those characters.
    Kid Loki, Sylvie, and Crystal are all characters I would like to see. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    I cant wait to see the animation for that Yellow.
    Was not disappointed.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    PiMacleod said:

The ‘Sylvie’ art is from a costume for 5 star Loki*, so only the Kid Loki art is new.

* And is based on the comics where Loki is using (copying? I forget…) Sif’s body, so they have a basis for her as well.